I so wanted to be able to write a glowing review of this property, but unfortunately after staying there, it just wasn't up to the standard of other establishments.
My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in a garden view villa after having stayed in Nusa Dua for 8 nights.
When we arrived, we were greated by name, checked in and given a cool drink and cold towel while looking over the resort, which is stunning I must say.
We were taken to our villa and given a tour and made to feel welcome. The villa has its own plunge pool, cabana and deck chairs. The room has a four-poster bed, tv with DVD player, writing desk, indoor shower, outdoor shower, separate toilet, and a beautiful outdoor spa bath.
On the surface, this all seems fantastic, however the resort is looking tired and not well-looked after. The decks were weather worn, the room had marks and wearing, and you could even see from the resort directory in the room, it had all the pages falling out and was water damaged. I thought maybe this was the case for just our villa, but even by the main pool, you can see that the decks are weather worn as well. Also, you can clearly see that the bed linen is worn and not the quality you would expect from a 5 star resort, and you could see huge yellow stains on the sleeping pillows on the bed which made us very hesitant to lay on them.
The restaurant was just ok, we did have dinner here one night but the food was average for the price you pay. There are much nicer restaurants in Ubud and other resorts that were far more enjoyable. Breakfast was fine, with fresh fruit, bakery items and a cooked breakfast.
The spa was good however, with much more reasonable prices than other resorts and good value for money.
But besides the tired aspect of this restaurant, the other main problem it has is bugs. We thought this may have been the general Ubud area, however, we spoke to another couple staying in a similar resort and they didn't have the problem we did. There are bugs everywhere around your villa, even huge black ants crawling across the tiles of the villa. At night there were so many mosquitos and spiders all hanging around the doors of the villa, and it was distressing that they may get into the room through the cracks and disturb our sleep.
The service at this resort though is fantastic, we just feel that maintenance, up-keep, and quality are something that this resort definitely needs to work on, as there are many resorts in Bali that are maintaining the above high standards and unfortunately for this resort, they are leaps and bounds ahead.
We feel that if we visited Ubud again, we would prefer to stay at the Samaya as this property seemed to maintain a high standard and quality far surpassing the Ubud Village and for only a small amount more per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali