Stayed a week in the resort and have mixed feelings.
Staff were very attentive, nice, especially in the restaurant at breakfast. They always had something to say, or ask, and we found it quite nice. However during the week we always had to ask for milk with our tea, they never remembered. Breakfast menu got quite boring by the end of the week.
Our villa was beautiful, spacious, but found the toilet and shower room rather smelly... The tablecloth in the outdoor eating area was dirty and horrible, would not want to touch it or eat my food on that.
Also the flynet around the bed was dirty and full of dead flies, I would recommend to wash them regularly....
We couldn't sleep on our first night due to busy "singing" frogs outside.... but it wasn't the hotels' fault of course.
Mosquito repellent spray was provided, but every day when we got back form day trips the room was full of them, I am not sure why the staff doing the evening visit had to leave all door open to invite them in? They put the electronic repellent on but was not enough, we had to go around the bed and just kill them.
There was a wedding in the neighborhood for 3 days until very late at night - according to other staff members there was a music band practicing for a trip to overseas- so you decide which story was true- and we have been moved to another (smaller) villa which had an adjoning villa next to it and could hear other people in there!!! It is not what you expect form a PRIVATE villa! Outrageous that it was the only villa available because they upgraded everybody booked in their Ubud village hotel- it was closed due to renovation. They paid the hotel price and stayed in the resort where we paid $300 a night.
The resort surroundings and the garden was truly beautiful and relaxing, a lot of people are working on the landscape, they clean all pools every day.
We spent a day around the main pool, which was pleasant in the huge day bed.
The afternoon tea is included in the price, tried the rice tea, which was very different, but nice. Don't expect a big feed, rather some nibbles.
The girls making offering baskets there and teach you some basics, which was a nice touch.
We ordered room service twice, the Club sandwich was very nice, and very quick service.
If the heron tour is included in your package- don't bother to waste your time, the tour is that they take you to a road where the birds live and you can walk and hope you won't get birdpoo in your neck....We got out for 5 min, and got back in to the car and left....The birds are much nicer to watch on the rice fields while you are having breakfast in the resort.
Overall, I feel we paid a lot more than what we got for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali