“Just Wonderful!”

Ranked #29 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore
“Just Wonderful!”
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Booked this place for our short stay in Bali and have no regrets on my decision!

Things that WOWed us: Chilled towels and chilled water at the airport pickup, quick check-in upon request, the villa was beautiful with the private swimming pool, indoor and outdoor showers, flower arrangements in the tub and bed (which I had requested for), outdoor beds, the villa was just perfect!, view from the breakfast place, afternoon tea and snacks (we loved the authentic bali snacks and they truly deserve a special mention!), good in-house restaurant, and most importantly the constant smiles & greeting from the hotel staff.

Things that were good but could have been better:
Breakfast - They have an ala-carte breakfast (you choose from a menu) which I loved as everything is served at your table while you enjoy the view but felt that it would have been even better with few more choices (like cornflakes, cereal, baked beans, cakes/muffins, cheese, jams, yoghurt.. its always great to have a bigger choice!).
Spa - During our stay, we had a one hr session at the resort spa. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the hour long massage but we felt the ambience of the spa was not upto the mark (needs some improvement here).
Lighting - Lastly for some reason, the whole property was very dimly lit after sunset. Not sure if the idea is to be close to nature or to save on power bills? Maybe some people will like it but it surely was not to our taste.

Things that put us off:
The only instance when I was totally turned off by the staff was when I asked for transportation (that I said I would pay additionally for) to the Ubud palace to see the traditional dance show. The staff on duty said we just missed the shuttle bus and that we would be too late for the dance if we left then. He said there was no alternate way of transportation available (this was at around 7:15 PM!!) even if I am willing to pay. Upon my insisting for almost 10 mts, he arranged for hotel transportation. We finally made it to the show and were just 10 mts late to the 1.5 hr show. Would have been way better if the pick up was arranged at my initial request itself.

I have been biased in my review and have focussed more on the less nice things but frankly inspite of these, we have had a very wonderful stay at the resort and would surely recommend it to fellow travellers! Thanks UbudVillage!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fruskee
The_Ubud_Village, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Ubud Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2010
Dear Fruskee,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience when you stayed at The Ubud Village Resort and Spa since when you were checking in through the day when you were checking out.

I have taken your comment on board about the variety of our a la carte breakfast and have now added choices of cereal to the menu.

Please accept my sincere apology for the mishandling of your transportation request. Our staff should have been assisting you to accommodate your request instead of following the shuttle schedule.

We are carrying out a regular training to the staff for the customer service training as we believe that there always a room for improvement.

The Ubud Village Resort and Spa concept was made to offers a natural and village experience; also we are consciously preserving the energy. I understand that for some people this dim lit is not up to their expectation. I am however, take your comment on boards and will have a look into this.

I really appreciate your recommendation to your friends about us and hoping very much that you are coming back in the near future.

Please contact me directly should you need any assistance at my email address written at our website

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We have just returned from our second visit to the Ubud Village Resort. It is still a wonderful place. We visited with both of our children (4, 8) this time. OK is not targeted at children but they are made to feel very welcome and it is a peaceful escape from the Bali streets. The private villa pools were enjoyed by our family as a time to really escape. The management and the team are to be highly commended. To really appreciate this resort you must have dinner and desert at the restaurant to see the entire resort lite up at night. The prices really aren’t that much more than a nice place in town and you get to wonder the resort to see the magic. I have not visited the spa here.
I will be heading back for my 40th birthday next March (2011).
Thank you once again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
The_Ubud_Village, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Ubud Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2010
Dear Sir and Madam,
Good afternoon from sunny Ubud...

I am delighted to read your comment and thank you for taking time sharing your holiday experience at The Ubud Village Resort and Spa.

We are now working on the spa treatments and product to increase our treatment varieties as well as creating natural product with less chemical and fresh made product.

When you are coming back next March, please try our Spa treatment so that you experience being pampered at our Kama Karana Spa

Stresa, Italy
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Our trip to Ubud Village resort was fantastic! It was our first trip to Bali. We were glad that it was just as we imagined it will be. We enjoyed it so much that we wouldn't want to leave.
When we stepped into the lobby area, the front desk staff greeted us with a big smile and friendly gesture. We got our nice welcome drink and wet towel that freshened us up in the hot & humid air.
The luggage was arrived first in our room, so it was very nice to see that they were not waiting for tips. One of the staff brought us to our villa that was surrounded by the nature and showed us all the facilities. We were amazed and overwhelmed of the room. There was a four poster bed that enormously big, with heart shape rose petal in the middle of it. The big bah tub that was full of rose petals. A small fish pole near it. An indoor an outdoor showers. Our own small private pool with a water pressure. And a nice canopied day bed with a dining table that we can use when we want to eat outside. I love how clean, white and big their bath towels are, nowadays is very rare to finds a hotel that provides good & clean towels.
Outside they have a big and wondeful swimming pool. When we were there, it was empty so we felt like it ours. But be careful when you swim, because inside there is stairs that divide the pool and has the same dark color with the pool, so you'll not notice it, and maybe you'll hit it (like my husband did). Just be careful when you are in the end of the pool.
The location is not exactly in the heart of Ubud, but there is an hourly shuttle that can take you to the other property that locate in the city center.
The restaurants was very serene. We had our dinner & lunch there and it was great. The staff were nice, especially ibu Ayu that was super friendly!
The breakfast was okay. They have this fixed à la carte menu. But i just hope that they have more variation to the menu.
The hotel also arranged a tour for us. Which is cost $80 for 12 hours, well it's not that cheap. But at least you have a safe trip with a nice&spacious car, and a very nice driver. Too bad we didn't have a good luck with the weather, but it was a nice trip indeed.
Overall we were happy and satisfied with our stay. Really looking forward to come back some day!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
The_Ubud_Village, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Ubud Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Dear Sir and Madam,
Greeting from Ubud..

I am glad to learn that you had a fantastic time on your first trip to Bali.

I will share this comment to our staff and believe that they will be glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Ubud Village Resort and Spa.

Anytime you would come back to Bali, please let me know and send me email at my address written at our website. I will order a nice weather before you arrive :)

Macau
Reviewed 30 January 2010

we had a good stay here. The room has supplied everything i can think of, and there are nothing more i can ask for.
breakfast is a bit light, would really prefer a buffet breakfast.
view are stunning.
service is great as well.
location is a bit off the centre, but there are shuttle service every hour.
do not expect anything from the so call 'fitness centre', its as tiny as a restroom.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PrincessCaramel
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 13 December 2009

It was a shame that I was at this resort for a workshop, and not on holiday! The villas were exquisite, each with their own outdoor lounging bed and a lap pool. The place reeked of romance, so I was wishing I was here with a special someone, instead of with strangers.
The staff were oh so polite and hospitable, especially at the restaurant, where they greet you by name during breakfast, and are keen to know how you are. The main pool is amazing - infinity, overlooking the rest of the resort, and with nice paddy fields all around. It's a bit far from the centre of Ubud, but they have half-hourly shuttles. Definitely one of the best places I've ever been to.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TheShrike_inManila
London
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I ended up at Ubud Village Resort as my first choice, Komaneka Monkey Forest was full. Despite the fact that Ubud Village Resort is slightly out of Ubud (5 min drive in complimentary hourly shuttle), the hotel more than made up for this.

The hotel is set in stunningly beautiful and well maintained grounds overlooking paddy fields. Our villa was spacious and light, with an enormous four poster bed, plenty of storage space, indoor and outdoor showers and a bath big enough for 2 (or 3). Our pool was more of a plunge pool, and wasn't really big enough to swim in, but if you want to swim then the hotel has a main pool that is huge. The outdoor part of the villa also has sunloungers, a table and chairs, and a canopied day bed which is useful when the sunshine gets too much.

The breakfast was good, and the room service was fine. Staff were friendly and helpful, and I really can't find anything negative to say about the place!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SJ13London
München
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We very much liked the rooms, with the romantic patio and the sky-open bathroom. Breakfast was the best in Bali and all the staff of the hotel without exception was very friendly and helping. the room service did a great job to bring order in the room (vacation with children!). We booked the room at Ubud village Hotel with a discount due to the fact that the swimming pool was under restoration. But the hotel staff proposed us actively to use the swimming pool at the luxury resort of the same brand just 5 minutes from Ubud center, so that we never felt bad for using the very exclusive swimming pool set in rice fields as well as the garden of the resort. We would come back if we stay again in Ubud. The setting of the new swimming pool which is currently under construction, overlooking the valley, is beautifull. But ask also to see the resort south of Ubud. CW

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family