Booked this place for our short stay in Bali and have no regrets on my decision!
Things that WOWed us: Chilled towels and chilled water at the airport pickup, quick check-in upon request, the villa was beautiful with the private swimming pool, indoor and outdoor showers, flower arrangements in the tub and bed (which I had requested for), outdoor beds, the villa was just perfect!, view from the breakfast place, afternoon tea and snacks (we loved the authentic bali snacks and they truly deserve a special mention!), good in-house restaurant, and most importantly the constant smiles & greeting from the hotel staff.
Things that were good but could have been better:
Breakfast - They have an ala-carte breakfast (you choose from a menu) which I loved as everything is served at your table while you enjoy the view but felt that it would have been even better with few more choices (like cornflakes, cereal, baked beans, cakes/muffins, cheese, jams, yoghurt.. its always great to have a bigger choice!).
Spa - During our stay, we had a one hr session at the resort spa. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the hour long massage but we felt the ambience of the spa was not upto the mark (needs some improvement here).
Lighting - Lastly for some reason, the whole property was very dimly lit after sunset. Not sure if the idea is to be close to nature or to save on power bills? Maybe some people will like it but it surely was not to our taste.
Things that put us off:
The only instance when I was totally turned off by the staff was when I asked for transportation (that I said I would pay additionally for) to the Ubud palace to see the traditional dance show. The staff on duty said we just missed the shuttle bus and that we would be too late for the dance if we left then. He said there was no alternate way of transportation available (this was at around 7:15 PM!!) even if I am willing to pay. Upon my insisting for almost 10 mts, he arranged for hotel transportation. We finally made it to the show and were just 10 mts late to the 1.5 hr show. Would have been way better if the pick up was arranged at my initial request itself.
I have been biased in my review and have focussed more on the less nice things but frankly inspite of these, we have had a very wonderful stay at the resort and would surely recommend it to fellow travellers! Thanks UbudVillage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali