My husband and i recently spent 4 days at Ubud Village Resort and Spa. As frequent travellers to Asia, we have come to expect nice hotels and excellent service but this resort was just gorgeous. it ticked all the boxes for archtecture, setting, space, beauty, romance, peace, privacy, valiue, and attentive service. It was heavenly.
Our palatial Garden Villa oozed classical Balinese old-world charm. We had a huge 4-poster bed; a private pool with oudoor shaded pavillion ; indoor and outdoor showers; an outdoor bath; a dining table for in-villa dining, tropical gardens, fish ponds and serenity,all in a private walled compound.
Ours was one of only 25 similar villas dotted around 11 acres of picture-perfect lawns, lotus ponds, rice paddies and palm trees. With full occupancy of only 60 and such spacious grounds its no wonder that at times we felt like we were the only guests there.
The beautiful Angkul-Angkul restaurant overlooks the gardens, the neighbouring rice fields and a stunning u-shaped pool. Large pavillions at the front of the restaurant beckon you to while away the afternoon with a cocktail, a good book or simply a snooze. Another cafe above the pool hosts an afternoon tea of traditional Balinese sweets and snacks( free for guests).
Yoga classes which are held in the open- air meditation area beside the pool are enhanced by the peaceful ambience of the surroundings.
I can recommend the wonderful aromatherapy massage (and the herbal tea of fresh ginger, pandanus and lemongrass) at the Kama Karanna Spa.
It's just a short shuttle ride ( free) into central Ubud to enjoy the town's attractions.The resort also organises some good treks for visitors.
Ubud Village Resort must be one of the most beautiful resorts on Bali.So quiet and peaceful. Perfect for a romantic getaway or a relaxing holiday without the crowds. We will definitely be back again. ( check out the video on You Tube!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali