“Low-key luxury”

Bhanuswari Resort & Spa
Ranked #134 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Bhanuswari for 3 days and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Bottom line: relaxing, beautiful, and comfortable. I would definitely return.

The staff were responsive, professional, helpful, and so friendly! Their hospitality made my stay a true pleasure. I booked a standard room, which provided excellent value. My unit was quiet (only nature sounds at night) and beautiful. My bed (a "king" = 2 twins pushed together) was comfortable, and the room had both a full mosquito net and an AC. Water bottles and fresh fruit were provided upon check-in, and replenished on my second night (much appreciated!). The bathroom is large, with a luxurious tub. Free wifi extends everywhere.

Other amenities: the pool and grounds are truly beautiful, and offer a very relaxing natural getaway. The restaurant food was pretty good. I only ate breakfast, and found it to be good but smaller than advertised in the menu. The spa is minimalist, but the services are wonderful. I had a full 2-hour treatment, which was a bargain (I highly recommend the massage and facial). Getting into Ubud is incredibly easy: the shuttle runs from 8 am-10:30 pm, and you can call to be picked up. I was also given a free airport pickup with my stay, which was wonderful.

Room Tip: The further you are from reception/restaurant, the quieter your room will be.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gkincaid

Reviewed 6 February 2014

At First, I had to book in Bhanuswari because I was comitted for a detox Program, but this hotel impressed me a lot, it is so rich in various issues: Big Reception, Clean and Decent Rooms, excellent Massagers, lovely pools, relaxing green view especially of rice fields.... Not to forget that everyone was smiling to me, anywhere and anytime I am there...

Room Tip: Big Reception, Clean and Decent Rooms, excellent Massagers, lovely pools, relaxing green view especi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at Bhanuswari before and we came back again as we still believe this is one of the better budget hotels in Ubud Bali. The friendly staffs, secluded location, 15 minutes south of Ubud, hygiene and reasonable tariffs contribute to a most pleasant stay. The regular shuttle will drop you off and pick you up in Ubud for free if you feel like visiting Ubud.

The first week of the New Year is celebrated in the hotel with a nice family orientated New Year’s Eve celebration, followed be several other activities like a fishing competition, bike ride and Bhanuswari birthday party on the 5th of January which all the guests can join in with the staff and their family in genuine Balinese spirit.

See you again Bhanuswari.

Room Tip: We love the units next the rice fields and the ones with the view of the rice fields. So Balinese.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you want to go to Ubud center for dinner or just for sightseeing, the hotel provide shuttle service on your request. We slept there two nights only for my holiday. I appreciated the hotel driver had taken us to get a good restaurant in Ubud.

Room Tip: I recommend choosing a deluxe room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SangGiri_Bali
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Set in a beautiful setting amongst the rice fields the rooms are excellent , very clean and a semi outdoor bathroom which I really liked given the setting. Although the main eating area's were not as clean feeling as the rooms had the authentic bali vibe. The staff made the stay excellent for me so friendly and accommodating! we stayed in more expensive accommodation on the trip also and the customer service was not half as good. I mentioned I was getting bitten and one of the staff drove into the markets to buy me some repellent while I had breakfast! Although slightly out of the way the free transport into ubud made it not an issue and means you can enjoy the more peaceful setting without having to battle greedy taxi drivers every time you want to explore. The bali massage from the spa was also excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Moving on from seminyak to bhanuswari,this place is so peaceful with great rice fields views. Stayed in the deluxe room. Staffs were extremely friendly and helpful. Transportation is complimentary which is excellent. Just tell them the drop off point and pick up time anywhere in ubud. They have two pools but I enjoyed the one facing the rice fields most. Gardens are well maintained. The only downside is that the buildings in this property looks a bit aged which can be a turn off to some guests, hopefully the management restores it soonest. Breakfast is average at best.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was a really lovely relaxing hotel. Wonderful staff, particularly Made one of the drivers, and Dewa (I think) one of the waitresses - who made an effort to learn our names. It's a drive from Ubud but there is a free shuttle - bit of a pain to wait by the Tourist info in Ubud but easy peasy to get in. The gardens are beautiful and it's nestled in the really rural rice fields which are beautiful in the morning light. The wood carvings and art in the reception are amazing. The DVDs in the room was a nice touch. The only area for improvement would be the food - which was OK but not spectacular, though Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple