This hotel was wonderful. My boyfriend and I visited Bali for a short trip (if you're in Bali, you should really just consider staying forever as it's so beautiful) and this was the first hotel in which we stayed. I arranged for the hotel to pick us up from the airport for about 250,000 rp and it made everything so much easier. Guzman (staff) picked us up in an air-conditioned van and was extremely polite and friendly. He even stopped at three different ATMs so we could find one where we could withdraw money.
Upon arriving, we were greeted with a welcome drink and a lot of smiles. The room size was decent, and the mosquito nets on the beds gave the whole room a really romantic vibe, which was great. The pool was probably my favorite part, as it is really beautiful and has a magnificent view of the rice paddies surrounding the hotel. You could even see one of the really big mountains in Bali from the pool. The hotel really has a beautiful property, and it's nice to go wander about if you don't mind the thousands of mosquitos ravaging your skin (but hey, that's usually the price you pay for a tropical paradise). Overall, the setting was absolutely perfect.
The hotel also offers a free shuttle service into central Ubud. We really wanted to go to the Monkey Forest and after spending the day there, I would really recommend it. It was one of the best times I've ever had. We also had lunch at the famous Ibu Oka, which serves an amazing suckling pig. I would definitely recommend that as well! After we were done wandering about in downtown Ubud, we called the hotel and they sent a shuttle to pick us up. It was so convenient.
The food at the hotel was pretty good. The breakfast was delightful, although light. I especially enjoyed the banana pancake. We also had dinner at the hotel and their traditional Balinese food is quite delicious. My boyfriend especially enjoyed the Nasi Goreng. The only thing that was something of a bummer was that the hotel wasn't serving alcohol the night we stayed there. That was a big letdown since we usually really enjoy a couple cocktails with our meal. It might only have been for that night but it was also impossible to really go out and get any drinks since the hotel was so far from everything. Also, the pool had a bar but there was nobody serving any drinks. I understand that it was low-season but it would've been great to enjoy a couple cocktails while enjoying the beautiful scenery. That was the only problem I had with this hotel because other than that, everything was absolutely perfect. I would definitely stay here again! Thanks for a wonderful stay, Bhanuswari staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eco / sustainable tourism / GLBT friendly welcome to tranquility! Bhanuswari Resort & Spa offers "natural Bali", providing exquisite peace in a lush tropical environment, away from traffic. For discerning travelers seeking both traditional and modern Bali, we offer a true sense of place, with a special spirit that is truly unique. Only a 10-minute drive from Ubud, "cultural capital of Bali", this property is surrounded by flowing water and gently terraced rice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bhanuswari Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhanuswari Resort And Spa
- Bhanuswari Hotel Ubud
- Bhanuswari Resort Ubud
- Bhanuswari Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali