“A Tropical Paradise”

Ranked #130 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Beijing, China
“A Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was wonderful. My boyfriend and I visited Bali for a short trip (if you're in Bali, you should really just consider staying forever as it's so beautiful) and this was the first hotel in which we stayed. I arranged for the hotel to pick us up from the airport for about 250,000 rp and it made everything so much easier. Guzman (staff) picked us up in an air-conditioned van and was extremely polite and friendly. He even stopped at three different ATMs so we could find one where we could withdraw money.

Upon arriving, we were greeted with a welcome drink and a lot of smiles. The room size was decent, and the mosquito nets on the beds gave the whole room a really romantic vibe, which was great. The pool was probably my favorite part, as it is really beautiful and has a magnificent view of the rice paddies surrounding the hotel. You could even see one of the really big mountains in Bali from the pool. The hotel really has a beautiful property, and it's nice to go wander about if you don't mind the thousands of mosquitos ravaging your skin (but hey, that's usually the price you pay for a tropical paradise). Overall, the setting was absolutely perfect.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle service into central Ubud. We really wanted to go to the Monkey Forest and after spending the day there, I would really recommend it. It was one of the best times I've ever had. We also had lunch at the famous Ibu Oka, which serves an amazing suckling pig. I would definitely recommend that as well! After we were done wandering about in downtown Ubud, we called the hotel and they sent a shuttle to pick us up. It was so convenient.

The food at the hotel was pretty good. The breakfast was delightful, although light. I especially enjoyed the banana pancake. We also had dinner at the hotel and their traditional Balinese food is quite delicious. My boyfriend especially enjoyed the Nasi Goreng. The only thing that was something of a bummer was that the hotel wasn't serving alcohol the night we stayed there. That was a big letdown since we usually really enjoy a couple cocktails with our meal. It might only have been for that night but it was also impossible to really go out and get any drinks since the hotel was so far from everything. Also, the pool had a bar but there was nobody serving any drinks. I understand that it was low-season but it would've been great to enjoy a couple cocktails while enjoying the beautiful scenery. That was the only problem I had with this hotel because other than that, everything was absolutely perfect. I would definitely stay here again! Thanks for a wonderful stay, Bhanuswari staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Veronica F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
mornington, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

What a disappointment. Although the setting is beautiful & serene nothing else was. Stayed in pool villa. Pool was the size of a bath & in the front of villa open to all & sundry walking by with no umbrella or outdoor seating. Not really a villa, it was a very small bedroom with ensuite attached & open front verandah with a dirty daybed . No light in villa except a bedside lamp which you couldn't read by so left bathroom light on which luckily we did as had to use bathroom in the middle of the night only to find bull ants swarming everywhere yes even in the toilet bowl & seat I mean everywhere. Spose to stay 5 days left after 2. Poor room amenities, no wi-fi in room, uninspiring menu,limited breakfast.Compared to elsewhere we have stayed for the cost, this is 2 star at best.

Room Tip: Dont pay xtra for a pool villa its a waste of money. If u are not happy with your room ask to see wh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lee C
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to Ubud with high expectations of beauty and relaxation, and we were not disappointed. The scenery at the resort is beautiful, and our hut was set right beside the rice paddies. The staff was gracious, and helpful for our full 5 day stay, and even met us in the middle of the night with welcome drinks (our flight was really delayed). The spa was amazing, and we indulged in couple's massages at both the beginning and end of our stay. There isn't enough I could say about the value of Bhanuswari!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Bhanuswari for 3 days and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Bottom line: relaxing, beautiful, and comfortable. I would definitely return.

The staff were responsive, professional, helpful, and so friendly! Their hospitality made my stay a true pleasure. I booked a standard room, which provided excellent value. My unit was quiet (only nature sounds at night) and beautiful. My bed (a "king" = 2 twins pushed together) was comfortable, and the room had both a full mosquito net and an AC. Water bottles and fresh fruit were provided upon check-in, and replenished on my second night (much appreciated!). The bathroom is large, with a luxurious tub. Free wifi extends everywhere.

Other amenities: the pool and grounds are truly beautiful, and offer a very relaxing natural getaway. The restaurant food was pretty good. I only ate breakfast, and found it to be good but smaller than advertised in the menu. The spa is minimalist, but the services are wonderful. I had a full 2-hour treatment, which was a bargain (I highly recommend the massage and facial). Getting into Ubud is incredibly easy: the shuttle runs from 8 am-10:30 pm, and you can call to be picked up. I was also given a free airport pickup with my stay, which was wonderful.

Room Tip: The further you are from reception/restaurant, the quieter your room will be.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gkincaid
Reviewed 6 February 2014

At First, I had to book in Bhanuswari because I was comitted for a detox Program, but this hotel impressed me a lot, it is so rich in various issues: Big Reception, Clean and Decent Rooms, excellent Massagers, lovely pools, relaxing green view especially of rice fields.... Not to forget that everyone was smiling to me, anywhere and anytime I am there...

Room Tip: Big Reception, Clean and Decent Rooms, excellent Massagers, lovely pools, relaxing green view especi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at Bhanuswari before and we came back again as we still believe this is one of the better budget hotels in Ubud Bali. The friendly staffs, secluded location, 15 minutes south of Ubud, hygiene and reasonable tariffs contribute to a most pleasant stay. The regular shuttle will drop you off and pick you up in Ubud for free if you feel like visiting Ubud.

The first week of the New Year is celebrated in the hotel with a nice family orientated New Year’s Eve celebration, followed be several other activities like a fishing competition, bike ride and Bhanuswari birthday party on the 5th of January which all the guests can join in with the staff and their family in genuine Balinese spirit.

See you again Bhanuswari.

Room Tip: We love the units next the rice fields and the ones with the view of the rice fields. So Balinese.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Penebel, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you want to go to Ubud center for dinner or just for sightseeing, the hotel provide shuttle service on your request. We slept there two nights only for my holiday. I appreciated the hotel driver had taken us to get a good restaurant in Ubud.

Room Tip: I recommend choosing a deluxe room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SangGiri_Bali
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Okawati Hotel
Agung Raka Resort & Villas
The Grand Sunti
The Grand Sunti
#114 of 198 in Ubud

Been to Bhanuswari Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!