The service at Nefatari was top-notch and especially great value based on what we paid (which was very reasonable -- we stayed at 3 hotels in Bali and this was by far the one with the best service and best value). Not only were the staff incredibly nice, but the drivers and servers were always cheerful and friendly.
Many have touted this as a prime benefit of Nefatari, but I cannot sing more praises of the door-to-door pickup service Nefatari offers into and out of Ubud. It's difficult and annoying to get a cab in Ubud (and you'll have to bargain, worry about safety, etc.), so finding a phone to call the hotel was amazing. They always came promptly and the service was impeccable. This definitely makes up for the location, which is around 10-15 mins from central Ubud.
The private pool was lovely and clean and the rooms were great as well. We had a gecko in our room that did 'sing' rather loudly at some points in our night, but I don't believe this is the hotel's fault! We also had a gecko in the next (more upscale) hotel we stayed at, so I believe this is a function of the traditional Balinese architecture. Remember to bring earplugs just in case!
The bathroom was gigantic (see photos) and the room was clean. The mosquito net didn't quite reach the floor though.
The breakfast and free afternoon tea delivered to your villa was amazing and great value.
One caveat is that noise between villas could be distracting. We had a small family next to ours and could hear them play in the pool quite a lot.
I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to any traveler!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali