Secluded location - great for honeymooners. Private villas with own pools - again great for honeymooners. Ubud town is lovely and full of the best restaurants in Bali - great for foodists alike.
As lovely as Ubud town is, I wouldn't stay there. It's a bit chaotic, noisy, dirty, typical town. In Nefatari you have free shuttle service, or more like limo in Bali standards, just call whenever you need a lift to any location near town or back.
When I think of perfect holiday, I always miss Nefatari. I miss the outdoor bath, nice villa itself, pool in the night-time with candles around, candle-lit private dinner in our very own patio, nights out in Ubud town, rice-paddies.
It's not a five star experience, more like three star, but very special in so many ways, that I would strongly recommend it even for star hunters. It's a bargain for what you'll get in terms of privacy, service and atmosphere. Prepare to some insects, small geckos, maybe birds, as this is secluded place, but they'll provide plenty of mosquito smokes and of course mosquito net. There might be also some cute cats around, one gave us even a special gift (half-eaten mouse waiting under a dinner table in the morning, satisfied cat itself licking his lips in our sunlounger). If you can't stand nature, don't go to Bali or stay in gigantic soulless resorts.
We would go back anytime and we don't think like that very often, as we are more willing to see new places. We will definitely visit Nefatari sometime in future for few nights stand during our trip to Australia or some other place. And Nefatari will be our main reason to return to Bali.
Our humble suggestion: even if you are more willing to stay at beach locations, as I usually am, stay at least 2 or 3 nights in Nefatari. Head to Nefatari straight from the airport, forget awful Kuta area, including Legian & Seminyak, which are only a slightly neater version of Kuta. Sooth yourself in Nefatari and Ubud, then head to some smaller islands for secluded beach paradise, which you won't find from the Bali main island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali