“Just came back from Bali and missing Nefatari already!”

Nefatari Exclusive Villas
Ranked #58 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Just came back from Bali and missing Nefatari already!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I booked this place because of 2 things - the fantastic reviews on tripadvisor + the affordable price for private pool villa. I stayed in ubud village resort 4 years ago for honeymoon and absolutely loved it, but it's a lot more pricey now. So Nefatari fits the bill when I saw that it is in Ubud (nice cool surrounding, not as noisy & messy as Kuta).
Agree with the other reviewers, that this place is not upmarket/luxurious, but rather down to earth and very close to nature. But this is great in its own way, not pretentious/stiff.
Ok, what do I love about this place?
The service is excellent, the staffs are really accomodating, since we travelled with our 2 year old daughter, our schedule is pretty much dependent on hers. I had to make last minute arrangement for tour guide and the receptionist patiently listen to my needs and helpfully make the calls and explain accordingly. We even got the receptionist and driver to help get takeaway from Naughty Nuri's when our were 'room-bound' since my daughter decided to extend her nap and my hb wanted to have the ribs so much
The outdoor bath is cosy, and really relaxing to soak in the warm bath listening to the nature. The swimming pool is good sized and not too cold even in the morning.
The complimentary, on-demand shuttle service is fantastic, we saved so much money n hassle from having to hail taxi and negotiate rates. Get a prepaid simcard so you can call anywhere to ask for the shuttle. What we usually do is ask the shopkeepers to tell the hotel where exactly we are for the pick up. We got the XL one, paid only rp36k for the simcard, some credit & 100MB data.
The spa is simple but nice, by the river. The massage is good, 1 hour feels way too short, they should offer 2 hours massage in the spa menu :-)
Breakfast is a good spread, we enjoyed the local food more than the western ones, our daughter love the breakfast rolls and finish 2 every day. The lunch menu items are limited, but of good value and tastes great too. I like how they serve lots of fruits n vegetables with the meal. I've always asked for meals in the villa so have no idea how's the restaurant like :-P
Anything I didn't like? Yeah, but no biggie sort of stuff, such as, the air smell of cow dung on the first day, it went away after the rain, but hey, that's part of being close to nature. We were in Cempaka villa and the bed is made of 2 twin beds combined, wished it's a king sized bed instead. And the villa is not spotlessly clean, can see some dust/spider web here n there, and the pool has dust floating on it, but all in all, it's a nice villa and would definitely consider going back although we are spoilt with options in Bali

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank YunQi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked the Nefatari Villas as it looked like a reasonable base close to town.
When we arrived we realized that we had under-estimated this little gem of a place.
From the quiet but excellent service to the roomy and comfortable classy villa with its large private pool, travertine flooring and open bathroom it was obvious that this was a special place to be.
Food was imaginative and enjoyable, the area was very quiet, the villa was scrupulously clean, and transport to town (7 minutes) was available all day at no charge (both ways).
In summary, our new favourite place in Ubud, at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank binksy3
San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed in the 1 bedroom pool villa Mitir in late October. My family could not stop raving about how much they loved this place! I think what makes this place so amazing is the staff! Everyone from the driver to the front desk personnel really look after you to make sure you have a good time. From the time they pick you up from the airport to the time you check out, no task is too big for the team at Nefatari. The staff has accomodated an in-villa dinner at last moment's request when it was already full. They agreed to come back into Ubud city center to take us to our dinner reservations. They provided an infant bed for my son with all the linens for babies.

One thing to note is that the spa is absolutely wonderful and reasonably priced. For about $10USD, you can get a great massage at their open air spa at Nefatari. The spa is in a naturally beautiful surrounding like the rest of the resort. The therapists are talented and I wish I got more than one massage there.

For breakfast, pick the nasi goreng (friend rice) or the mie goreng (friend noodles) at least once. They are the true Balinese breakfast items.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I can not praise Nefatari and the beautiful staff there highly enough. They made our holiday experience OUTSTANDING! From their adorable private pool villas to their complimentary mini bar, afternoon teas and shuttle to and from Ubud, this place has thought of everything. The garden surrounds are magical, my only comment would be, that for the sake of the catfish, they could clean the fish pond which was swampishly green, but somehow it DID look fantastic amongst the garden setting!?!
As the location is a little way out of Ubud, (about a 20min walk I am told), it may not suit everyone, but I am awaiting a hip replacement and can not walk far at all and I still found it to be paradise (especially with the complimentary shuttle).

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank IntrepidLambchop
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I merely give up this villa before I made my booking. My first impression it is very old after I had gone through all the pictures... in fact I was wrong when checked in.
Firstly I must highlight their excelent hospitality. They matched what i had requested. They have done what we suppoesed to. All the staffs are busy but manage to offer a good service.
Environment is quiet and peaceful. The room is clean and neat.
Food is fair but they did not ready any cultery set and coffee cup in the villa. They provide upon request which I think it is necessary to me.
Last but not least. The service of driver is good.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed 5 nights at Nefatari and loved everything about it. The complex is beautiful and private and we stayed in an amazing, huge villa with a private pool and cool outdoor bathroom. The villa itself is a great value, but they also include transport from the airport area, wifi, huge breakfasts, and afternoon tea, which was nice because we still had jet lag and got hungry at odd hours. It is about a 10 minute drive from town but they have free shuttle service, and we were very happy anyway that we did not stay in town because it is pretty crowded and dirty.The staff members were very nice and very helpful. We had dinner there twice and loved the satay and shrimp curry. The spa was also nice--the flower bath in a huge tub right on the creek was fun! Don't miss this place if you are staying in Ubud.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mel T
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2012

A beautifull relaxing place to stay with staff who could not do enough to help us make the most of our time there . From breakfast to transport , organising tours and recommending places to eat they were fantastic.
Next time we will stay longer

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifull , the beds are huge and comfortable