I booked this place because of 2 things - the fantastic reviews on tripadvisor + the affordable price for private pool villa. I stayed in ubud village resort 4 years ago for honeymoon and absolutely loved it, but it's a lot more pricey now. So Nefatari fits the bill when I saw that it is in Ubud (nice cool surrounding, not as noisy & messy as Kuta).
Agree with the other reviewers, that this place is not upmarket/luxurious, but rather down to earth and very close to nature. But this is great in its own way, not pretentious/stiff.
Ok, what do I love about this place?
The service is excellent, the staffs are really accomodating, since we travelled with our 2 year old daughter, our schedule is pretty much dependent on hers. I had to make last minute arrangement for tour guide and the receptionist patiently listen to my needs and helpfully make the calls and explain accordingly. We even got the receptionist and driver to help get takeaway from Naughty Nuri's when our were 'room-bound' since my daughter decided to extend her nap and my hb wanted to have the ribs so much
The outdoor bath is cosy, and really relaxing to soak in the warm bath listening to the nature. The swimming pool is good sized and not too cold even in the morning.
The complimentary, on-demand shuttle service is fantastic, we saved so much money n hassle from having to hail taxi and negotiate rates. Get a prepaid simcard so you can call anywhere to ask for the shuttle. What we usually do is ask the shopkeepers to tell the hotel where exactly we are for the pick up. We got the XL one, paid only rp36k for the simcard, some credit & 100MB data.
The spa is simple but nice, by the river. The massage is good, 1 hour feels way too short, they should offer 2 hours massage in the spa menu :-)
Breakfast is a good spread, we enjoyed the local food more than the western ones, our daughter love the breakfast rolls and finish 2 every day. The lunch menu items are limited, but of good value and tastes great too. I like how they serve lots of fruits n vegetables with the meal. I've always asked for meals in the villa so have no idea how's the restaurant like :-P
Anything I didn't like? Yeah, but no biggie sort of stuff, such as, the air smell of cow dung on the first day, it went away after the rain, but hey, that's part of being close to nature. We were in Cempaka villa and the bed is made of 2 twin beds combined, wished it's a king sized bed instead. And the villa is not spotlessly clean, can see some dust/spider web here n there, and the pool has dust floating on it, but all in all, it's a nice villa and would definitely consider going back although we are spoilt with options in Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali