Went to Bali in Oct, initially we just plan to stay around Kuta area but after came across with so many excellent review in here, me and partner decided to give it a try to stay a night in Nefatari.
We were fetch by our driver to the villa, we actually fall in love with Ubud compare with Kuta because Ubud has more balinese experience for us. Upon arrival, we were a little bit surprise when the reception can even call out my partner's name, the first feeling of being home.
the Villa is quite hidden/outskirt i can say, it's not located in Ubud town. It's a 5~10 minutes driving distance from town, but you won't have any problem of travelling to town because you can always request for the all day long shuttle service, and they're quite efficient and polite i can say :-)
After checked in, we were brought to the villa name pucuk, heard that it is the smallest villa, but who cares when we have only 2 person. I actually don't expect much since it's the smallest villa, but when we got in, we were still quite stunned, the space, room, pool and size of everything else is just perfect to fit 2 of us. I saw some reviews that people doesn't recommend villa pucuk as it is the smallest villa, but i think if just for 2 person, it is still consider quite spacious. Hereby i attached some photos for ref.
The pool is small but clean, with 2 day bed and outdoor towels, before entering to the room, there's the lounge area with sofa and pillows. You can have your meals outdoor under the tiny hut just near the pool. Not to mention, villa pucuk received quite decent amount of sunlight during the afternoon around 2~5pm.
After some rest we head over to the reception area for shuttle service to the spa, the receptionist actually recommended Putri Bali spa to us and coincidence we already pre-book the same spa for that day, so the reception call up the spa to double confirm our booking with them and ask the spa to send someone and fetch us.
After the spa we called back to Nefatari for shuttle service back to villa, and they immediately send a driver to come and fetch us, thumb up for super efficient service. At last we plan to dine in the villa as we found out the price for food in Nefatari is quite cheap compare to some other restaurant outside. Around 280k Rupiah we had a full portion of Balinese Satay, some dumplings and a bottle of beer, it's very reasonable because normally you cant find such price when you dine in in resort/hotel/villa. And not to mentioned, the satay is nice! When we finished our dinner, it's around 10.30pm and we worried that the cats or ants might come if we don't clean up our table, so we called for room service. After a few minutes, without hesitation someone with smile on the face came and clean up. We were absolutely satisfied for this kind of service.
Although the room is not spotlessly clean, can still feel some dust at the corner area, but the outdoor bathroom is absolutely gorgeous, clean bathtub with open air shower, close enough to nature, and we like how they build up the bathroom. You'll definitely enjoy and have a relaxing bath there. The King size bed were form with 2 Single bed, although you cant really feel the gap in between but i wish they can replace it with a twin bed in the near future. Snacks and drinks were free flow from around 12 to 7pm, you wont feel hungry even you don't get out from the villa. Breakfast was nice, it's not like buffet style, but you can order from their breakfast menu with unlimited order. The banana pancake is tasty, im missing it until today! i love how they server their breakfast with a lot of fresh fruits and vege, everything is freshly made to serve.
The staff in Nefatari never fail to fullfil our request, they're so efficient and polite, you'll feel like your second home here. the pools tend to get a lot of floating leaves, incsects over night but the staff will come and clean it in the next morning even we don't request for it,they have 2 room service per day!
We enjoyed our stay there so much just throughout the one night stay, a little bit regret for just staying one night, that's why me and my partner have a deal of coming back after 1 year, for longer stay. Hopefully the price won't go sky high after 1 year because of all these excellent reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali