I stayed 3 nights at Nefatari, overall my experience was nice.
The staff are really friendly as with all places I have stayed in Bali.
I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa as the 1 bedroom wasn't available for all the nights I wanted to stay. It had a lovely outside area with big private pool and dining outside on the verandah.
The beautiful natural surrounding were really refreshing.
The room was nice and the bathroom was partly open air modern, unique and comfortable.
The place was beautifully clean in all aspects except for the mosquito nets around the bed.
The service was generally speaking quite good.
The staff are great at shuttling you around wherever you want to go in Ubud.
I did find a problem with the some of the staff not speaking very good English and there were several misunderstandings. Also several times things were left off my room service order (mainly the large bottle of water I requested each time that never arrived, I did in one case get hot water sent to my room instead of a bottle of water)
I also had a trouble with the outside lights at night that shone from around my pool area straight into my room...... There is no switch to these lights in the Villa so at night i had to call and ask them to switch off the lights which resulted in many phone calls until the correct lights were turned off.
There is a charm about the natural surroundings however it comes with the sounds and noises of animals from the next door property. I am a light sleeper and so i did not appreciate getting woken up by the rooster every morning before 6am. This probably wouldn't trouble someone is a heavier sleeper.
Lastly I do believe the 2 bedroom villa backs onto the staff area and with the partially open air bathroom I could hear all the staff chattering at night when I was trying to sleep I had to call reception to ask them to be quiet so I could sleep. Its better if the pool fountain is on during the night that masks the sounds but the pump is set to turn off at night!
In all fairness they did offer to move me to the 1 bedroom after the first night (that maybe wasn't backing onto the staff quarters) but I did not want to move after I had just arrived, In hindsight i should have moved.
I'd probably stay again next time with my husband but in a 1 bedroom suite thats a bit quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali