We stayed in this lovely, relaxing, remarkable place for 5 nights on our honeymoon in January 2012.
It's located 10-15 minutes outside of Ubud town in Tanggayuda village, surrounded by picturesque jungle and rice terraces. The neighbourhood itself is well worth an explore, and i'd highly recommends the several hour trek offered by he hotel, which will give you a glimpse into the lives of people in the area.
To the resort itself - the stunningly welcoming and helpful staff are the place's best asset, and will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. We stayed in a valley pool villa - spacious, clean, nice furniture, awesome bath, nice waterfall feature at the side. Having your own pool is a real treat (though the larger shared pool is equally pleasant, has a great view and was never occupied by more than a couple of people while we were there.
The breakfasts, which you can have in your villa or in the restaurant, were terrific - large choice of western and local flavours, feel free to mix and match as you wish. The gym is adequate, if you feel like some exercise, and there's a small library if you're in need of something to read. The spa is also top shelf - good massages, good sauna. Much more expoensive than those in town, but you pay for privacy, convenience and quality - in our mind worth it, at least once or twice.
Lots of extra details, like the two men playing the gamelan each evening in the resort grounds, made our stay even more special.
We can't wait to return to celebrate an anniversary in the future, and would love to bring our extended families too so they can see what we have been raving about!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud