“The WOW factor!”

Ranked #7 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“The WOW factor!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at Komeneka Tanggayuda for 3 nights whilst in Bali. The scenery at this place is amazing! A great place to get away and relax in the most beautiful atmosphere. With 3 pools, a gymnasium, a restaurant and a private pool villa there is no need to leave this place! The staff are very welcoming and helpful. This is my favorite place to stay in Bali. Exceeds expectations, will definitely be back!

2 Thank TaraOco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's not in the heart of Ubud, but it's very close. And I don't thing it matters since you don't even have to go to Ubud town while you're staying here. Even if you do, the car and a driver will take you there for free!

I said that you don't have to go outside of the hotel area since you can enjoy yourself and time flies by very fast, I can assure you that one. Especially when you're staying in the pool villa like I did. I stayed in this hotel with my family for pleasure and had our room upgraded to the pool villa. The hotel gave us the pool villa instead because they are promoting the new unis of pool villa.

Each kind of pool villas have two types. The ground unit and the 2nd floor unit. I prefer the ground unit my self, since they have the wider private pool with larger garden by the pool. Compare to the 2nd floor unit with L shape smaller private pool with out any garden and have wooden terrace instead. But if you want to enjoy the sun more and experiencing the sunrise from your room, you should take the 2nd floor unit.

Sunrise? Yes... Though it is located in Ubud, in the middle of Bali island, the sunrise is really something. I hold my breath while the sun peaking out between the palm trees from behind the hill, it was beautiful. Though you stayed on the ground unit, you still can enjoy the sunrise from the top floor of Batukaru Restaurant. I was the only one there (though the hotel is quite full) taking pictures of sunrise, lots of pictures.

The have three public swimming pools. The main infinity pool, the smaller pool, and the warm water swimming pool. The infinity pool is nice and located underneath the Batukaru Restaurant. You can hear the river down below (though you can not see it, since it covers with dense trees), it just added the relaxing atmosphere enjoying the luxury the hotel offers.
When the air cold in the morning, my kids prefer to take a dip in the warm swimming pool near the fitness are. Want some private? Just skin dip in your pool villa, no one can see you since they made it so covered. :)

Now the room. They set if for honeymoon couple. There I said it.
The pool villa has big bed with curtain above it, has the sofa bed if the couple tired doing it on bed, has the outdoor bed if want to do it in open space, has spacious dressing room, has huge bath tub that big enough for two, has the unique glass wall shower room, and has the out door shower from bamboo near the main shower room. Don't worry the out door also with hot water.

Hungry? I have my name printed on the menu in the restaurant. Yes, they have special menu for you. And don't worry when you want to try something else outside the menu from the restaurant chef. The hotel can order you the famous Ubud spicy mixed chicken rice and serve them in your room without any extra charges. Yes, with out any extra charges. The special private service like this is for the entire activities in the hotel. You have your own guest relation officer who meant only to serve you. I feel like I was a king while staying in Komaneka Tanggayuda.

Oh one more thing, before I bored you. They have the delicious chocolate cookies with almond in the lobby, in your room (and get refilled every day), and when I asked for some to take it home they gave me plenty. Utami, my guest relation officer even offered me the recipe. All cookies and recipe are free. :)

The only turn down for this hotel is the Wifi connection. Why would we need the Wifi connection if you want to get away from the world and it's the very reason while you choose this hotel? OK, may be that also exactly what the hotel management think. But everyone need their cell phone and now become part of their live, especially when needed to send pictures to families and friends about their vacation. In this Komaneka at Tanggayuda, you will not be able to do just that since you only get about 100 Kbps, most of the time even less. The Wifi connection only good for sending text message. I hope the management change their mind and give the already expensive hotel guests their freedom of accessing the internet.

Room Tip: Choose the Pool Villa room number 102. I didn't stay there, but it's the best room to experi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Indra M
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 3 time in Ubud and after 2 times Maya we thought it would be hard to top.
Lower budget forced me to choose a different hotel. It is a little far from the centre ( 10-15min) by car, and the sign at the road is minimal. Also the entree is quite low profile. After a warm welcome we where upgraded to a pool suite and you will not believe what you see. Together with very friendly staff and good food, it made our stay fantastic. Go check it out

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank newwatch
Albany, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Friends and family in Australia frequently ask us why we keep going back to Bali and in particular, to the same place, Komaneka @ Tanggayuda. It IS hard for those that haven't been there to understand how 'coming home' to Tanggayuda makes us feel. However, this time was even more wonderful than ever before. Not only did we get the usual amazing welcome, and then given the magnificent new villa we had requested months earlier, but I was welcomed with a dozen red roses (it was my birthday in a couple of days) and so much more. The villa which we had watched during it's construction months earlier was even more well fitted out and bright inside than the previous villas.The restaurant copes well with the larger numbers now the new villas have been completed and overlooks what must be the most spectacular jungle view in Ubud. On my birthday I was surprised with a very healthy cake (see my pictures) as I mentioned I was off sugar, more roses and a wonderful card from all of my Tanggayuda family. We asked about the new Bale Daja, a 2 bedroom pool villa that is located at the north of the resort. We were offered a few days there as an upgrade. Well, what can I say??? It was the pièce de résistance! We were amazed at it's appointments and congratulate owner and architect wife Mr Koman and Ibu Mansri on their forward thinking and taste. The top level is the main entrance and you come in to an office, library and full bedroom with all the extras (Apple TV being the newest addition). The view is initially of your own large infinity pool and then out over the jungle. Spiral steps lead down to an outdoor dining area and kitchen (you can have your meals prepared there by arrangement), with yet another TV, bathroom with it's own outdoor shower and a large, deep infinity pool. There is also a complete second bedroom/villa downstairs. I kept feeling like royalty and that we were being spoiled above and beyond our expectations. I don't think Julia Roberts would have received better! We thoroughly enjoyed our 9 days at Tanggayuda and positively can't say enough about the fantastic staff there; how nothing was ever too much trouble for them and everything was always done with a generous smile. When it was time to leave I actually felt tears well up as I knew that I would start missing my Tanggayuda family as soon as I left to come back to the rat race here in Australia. Thank you to Mr Gungdek, Kande, Utami, Yunanti, J.J., Rudi and ALL of the special staff at Komaneka @ Tanggayuda. You made our time in Ubud absolute bliss once again!

Room Tip: The top Premier Valley Pool Rooms are better. Their view is far superior and the pools get sunlight...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PerriPerth_Australia
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After checking into the hotel our "personal assistant" took us on a tour of the hotel...and even before reaching our room, a premium pool villa, we could feel ourselves sinking into peace....the room was fabulous...so spacious and idyllic that most of the next day we just stayed home. The staff could not have been more attentive. On learning we were vegetarian they quickly prepared a personalised menu that included vegetarian adaptations of their regular meals. We stayed four nights..went on the morning walk through the rice paddies with our guide, Deli, who grew up in the village. We also took trips to see the sunrise from the volcano. We loved being out of Ubud, amid the peace of the forested valley. There are regular shuttles into the town. Totally recommended!

Room Tip: We were in room 106 which was fabulous....
1 Thank Sarcam
Dublin
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Having spent a great week in Perth with friends before travelling to Bali, we were ready for some real down time when we got here. The taxi ride from the airport was fine, it's a bit of a trip, almost an hour, but that was expected and traffic wasn't too bad. Once we got to the hotel, it was smooth sailing. Complimentary cocktails on arrival and lovely little biscuits (which I grazed on the entire time we were there) were a welcome respite while checking in, which was relatively quick and easy although I think they were a little surprised at me doing all the talking and accounting rather than my husband!
I had chosen a premium valley pool villa, which was absolutely lovely. It really was secluded in that no one else could see you while in the room or on the balcony or in the pool. The view out over the rainforest was absolutely spectacular. The suite itself was huge - bed was so comfortable and the nightly turndown service is such a nice touch, along with the lovely cotton 'nightdresses' that are left for you - very comforable in high humidity I have to say. The bathroom was two separate areas- one with his and hers wash basins and dressing areas and then a separate area where the bath and indoor and outdoor showers are. My husband really liked the outdoor shower - I'm an indoor girl!
What I noted was that they have everything you could possibly want from a necessity point of view, down to having insect repellant on the balcony so if you are a traveller unfortunate enough to lost their luggage, you will be fine here. If this is where you end up, you will have all the toiletries you need and something to sleep in for the night, rather than your own clothes. Luckily that wasn't us but I did think about it during our time there - it really is the little details that make the difference!
The suite had a private pool which was so nice. Only issue with our room was that it was downstairs so we lost the sun quite early in the day, which was a shame but didn't detract from lovely early morning swims post breakfast. You could choose to have your breakfast (which was very tasty every morning) just about anywhere in the resort but most mornings we made the effort to go the restaurant and enjoy the view.
The resort itself is full of little areas that you can go and hide in. There are two pools, a lovely terrace upstairs from the main restaurant, a lovely shaded lounge area where classes happen (particularly handy if it rains).
My one and only real gripe, and this probably is more of a personal thing, is that while staff were lovely, the attention could be a little over-bearing at times. The frequency with which you are asked how your day is going and what your itinerary for the day is became somewhat annoying for me after day 2. Friendliness and helpfulness are always appreciated but my one bit of advice would be to maybe hold back a little and if guests really need it, they will more than likely ask for assistance!
We really enjoyed our little trips into Ubud and the visit to the monkey forrest was nice too. The shuttle that takes you from the hotel into town is a great service and we used it all the time, getting picked up at Komaneka at Monkey Forrest, who always had little bottles of water at the ready for the weary shoppers.
If I was ever in this part of the world again, I would definitely go back and enjoy the delights of Komaneka and Ubud once again.

Room Tip: If you are going for a valley pool villa, ask for one upstairs
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neevus
De Panne, Belgium
Reviewed 26 January 2014

During our stay in Komaneka at Bisma we had a visit to this nice sister hotel.
Again a perfect experience, but the meal prepared by the Chef Executive Mr. Wayan Bagiana and his Staf was Devine just like the service. An address to remember during our next visits to Ubud and we hope there will be many of them

1 Thank marcetannemarie