“A piece of heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“A piece of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The other reviewers have already said all the awesome things about this place and quite frankly, I am just here to confirm that what they mentioned was in line with what I experienced. Perhaps the only thing with reading all the reviews here is that it brings one's expectation to a sky high level and I must say the resort tries its very best to always deliver these expectations on a consistent basis which is no easy feat. I had a premium villa which gave me an awesome view and a small infinity pool. The room was huge and comfortable, including the bed and the shower. The outdoor shower and the bath are must tries. The huge surprise for us has to be the restaurant food. Not only were prices reasonable, but the standard of food was excellent, and the service is at a premium standard. Usually hotel resorts such as these do not pay full attention to its food quality since the guests have not much option really, but Komaneka obviously pays attention to every aspect of the guests' stay to earn top recommendation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a great experience in this hotel. The view from the pool is amazing and our villa was so nice, comfortable and with our own pool.
The service is impecable, specially a waiter called Rudy. He remembered what we liked to had for breakfast everyday, prepared a surprise romantic dinner for us in the top floor and gave us martinis for free. Each night they give you homemade cookies and put a pijama in your bed.
The spa is also very good, we had the pampering package. Manicure could be better since they don't have gelish.
It was a great way to start our honeymoon!

Room Tip: Villas with a view to the jungle are the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Best hotel with excellent service totally feel like a home and king!
The rooms are nice and beautiful with a very romantic feel! The only problem is the insects because they are near to nature. But that don't bother us! Their service are too good and if you saw any insects they will come immediately to clear it for you!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I wanted an affordable place at Ubud for a one night stay with my daughter. Tripadvisor was a great site for recommendation and after much reviewing decided to stay at one of the Komaneka.. I wanted to stay walking distance to Ubud central and tried booking Komaneka Rasa Sayang but was told the room villa we wanted was not available and they recommended we stay at Komaneka @ Tanggayuda. We were offered an upgrade to a pool villa with garden view
Upon arrival, we were surprised by the stunting view from the lobby. The whole place is serene, well designed amidst natural surrounding. When we were led to our villa, the bed room was so huge with a king size bed, the pool was huge too. There were 2 wash basins so I didnt have to fight over it with my daughter. The rainforest shower was well designed but we were surprised that next to it was an outdoor shower in more natural surrounding. For those who needed a bathtub, a lovely one was provided.
The infinity pool next to the restaurant area was absolutely stunting with view over the forested valley. You can see low hanging clouds and hear birds chirping, sounds of crickets and frogs and best of all, we didn't see any mosquitoes.
I want to save the best for last....the service was amazing from the moment we got out of the car. The smiles and handshakes were all natural and friendly. We were assisted in all possible ways.
My only regret was we stayed only one night but we'll be back and this time for a longer stay to soak in the natural surrounding and place.
Thank you to management and staff for making our short stay memorable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LimJuayHee
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at Komeneka Tanggayuda for 3 nights whilst in Bali. The scenery at this place is amazing! A great place to get away and relax in the most beautiful atmosphere. With 3 pools, a gymnasium, a restaurant and a private pool villa there is no need to leave this place! The staff are very welcoming and helpful. This is my favorite place to stay in Bali. Exceeds expectations, will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TaraOco
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's not in the heart of Ubud, but it's very close. And I don't thing it matters since you don't even have to go to Ubud town while you're staying here. Even if you do, the car and a driver will take you there for free!

I said that you don't have to go outside of the hotel area since you can enjoy yourself and time flies by very fast, I can assure you that one. Especially when you're staying in the pool villa like I did. I stayed in this hotel with my family for pleasure and had our room upgraded to the pool villa. The hotel gave us the pool villa instead because they are promoting the new unis of pool villa.

Each kind of pool villas have two types. The ground unit and the 2nd floor unit. I prefer the ground unit my self, since they have the wider private pool with larger garden by the pool. Compare to the 2nd floor unit with L shape smaller private pool with out any garden and have wooden terrace instead. But if you want to enjoy the sun more and experiencing the sunrise from your room, you should take the 2nd floor unit.

Sunrise? Yes... Though it is located in Ubud, in the middle of Bali island, the sunrise is really something. I hold my breath while the sun peaking out between the palm trees from behind the hill, it was beautiful. Though you stayed on the ground unit, you still can enjoy the sunrise from the top floor of Batukaru Restaurant. I was the only one there (though the hotel is quite full) taking pictures of sunrise, lots of pictures.

The have three public swimming pools. The main infinity pool, the smaller pool, and the warm water swimming pool. The infinity pool is nice and located underneath the Batukaru Restaurant. You can hear the river down below (though you can not see it, since it covers with dense trees), it just added the relaxing atmosphere enjoying the luxury the hotel offers.
When the air cold in the morning, my kids prefer to take a dip in the warm swimming pool near the fitness are. Want some private? Just skin dip in your pool villa, no one can see you since they made it so covered. :)

Now the room. They set if for honeymoon couple. There I said it.
The pool villa has big bed with curtain above it, has the sofa bed if the couple tired doing it on bed, has the outdoor bed if want to do it in open space, has spacious dressing room, has huge bath tub that big enough for two, has the unique glass wall shower room, and has the out door shower from bamboo near the main shower room. Don't worry the out door also with hot water.

Hungry? I have my name printed on the menu in the restaurant. Yes, they have special menu for you. And don't worry when you want to try something else outside the menu from the restaurant chef. The hotel can order you the famous Ubud spicy mixed chicken rice and serve them in your room without any extra charges. Yes, with out any extra charges. The special private service like this is for the entire activities in the hotel. You have your own guest relation officer who meant only to serve you. I feel like I was a king while staying in Komaneka Tanggayuda.

Oh one more thing, before I bored you. They have the delicious chocolate cookies with almond in the lobby, in your room (and get refilled every day), and when I asked for some to take it home they gave me plenty. Utami, my guest relation officer even offered me the recipe. All cookies and recipe are free. :)

The only turn down for this hotel is the Wifi connection. Why would we need the Wifi connection if you want to get away from the world and it's the very reason while you choose this hotel? OK, may be that also exactly what the hotel management think. But everyone need their cell phone and now become part of their live, especially when needed to send pictures to families and friends about their vacation. In this Komaneka at Tanggayuda, you will not be able to do just that since you only get about 100 Kbps, most of the time even less. The Wifi connection only good for sending text message. I hope the management change their mind and give the already expensive hotel guests their freedom of accessing the internet.

Room Tip: Choose the Pool Villa room number 102. I didn't stay there, but it's the best room to experi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Indra M
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 3 time in Ubud and after 2 times Maya we thought it would be hard to top.
Lower budget forced me to choose a different hotel. It is a little far from the centre ( 10-15min) by car, and the sign at the road is minimal. Also the entree is quite low profile. After a warm welcome we where upgraded to a pool suite and you will not believe what you see. Together with very friendly staff and good food, it made our stay fantastic. Go check it out

Stayed February 2014