We stayed in April for 4 nights based on the fantastic reviews and weren't disappointed in the slightest! It's hard to know where to start given that there are so many positives:
- I've never stayed in a hotel which offers such an amazing level of service. Everyone is incredibly friendly and goes out of their way to help you with anything you need, spend time explaining where everything can be found in your room and what it does, learn your name, stop and say hello to you etc.
- The hotel itself is a lush paradise, with an incredible infinity pool looking out over the forest views. The grounds are very well kept. We didn't even use the second pool as the main one was so perfect and was never even that busy!
- We were upgraded from our courtyard pool villa to the next pool villa up, which was really special. Not only was it massive, had its own private pool overlooking the forest, lovely outdoor bath, but also some nice home comforts such as Apple TV with lots of pre-stored films and fresh fruit and cookies to keep you going for snacks.
- The breakfast was really good and reasonably varied. We also had a special dinner included on one of our nights, where we had our own waiter and service provided on the very top floor of the restaurant under the stars, which was unforgetable.
- While we never had the free afternoon tea at the Komaneka Tanggayuda, we did take advantage of it at one of the sister hotels, Komaneka Monkey Forest, where we were treated with exactly the same level of service, friendliness etc.
The location is arguably the only negative, being about 15-20 mins drive from the centre of Ubud, but the hotel puts on a free shuttle every hour or so until about 10pm which is handy and some people may view the distance as a good thing in terms of being away from it all.
Just a few things to add as being helpful for prospective travellers:
- expect to pay about 250,000 to 300,000 Rupiah for a taxi from Denpasar airport (this is quite a bit cheaper than the rate offered by the hotel);
- while we landed quite late from our flight from Hong Kong with Garuda (about 8pm), we didn't have any queues at immigration so don't necessarily think you need to pay for the hotel's optional "fast track" service through immigration;
- if you like white water rafting, definitely do the rafting in the river about 1 hour away by bus transfer (this is about grade III-IV rapids and much more fun I would imagine than the rafting offered more locally)!
We were very sad to leave, but have great memories of our stay and would 100% recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Ubud!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Destinology, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud