“Paradise on Earth!!!”

Ranked #7 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Bucharest, Romania
“Paradise on Earth!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Yes, Bali is a spectacular island, and I am very glad to choose it for my honeymoon destination, but...from my point of view, it's no worth going there without feeling the real Balinese spirit like i felt at Komaneka at Tanggayuda. No, this is not a hotel, it a special place where you can have your own house for as many days as you like/afford. No, they don't have employees, there are very nice angels that take care of you, talk to you and help you with good advice. I will never forget my stay there, that beautiful terrace you have above the restaurant, and the candle light dinner and every fabulous minute. The only regret I have is that I chosen to stay only for 3 nights. Thank you beautiful people for this holiday!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Following a 5 night stay in Legian my husband and I had the extreme pleasure of staying 3 nights at the Komaneka facility. This was paradise!
Our magnificent pool villa faced a valley which we could enjoy from our sun lounges by the infinity type pool in the backyard.
The grounds are beautiful and the staff were so friendly. They went out of their way to make us comfortable.
The daily massage was so relaxing.
Took the hotel shuttle (15 minutes) to Ubud a couple of times but were always keen to get back to Komaneka.
Can't wait to return to indulge ourselves again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I cannot say enough about the Komaneka family of resorts. The Tanggayuda is easily the most superior hotel I have ever stayed in. The location, the bed, the room, the pools, the staff, the food, everything was perfect. Every time my wife left the shower or sat around the pool she looked at me and said "I feel like I am at the best Spa in the world." and that was just our room, not even their spa services.

I strongly recommend this location if you are on your honeymoon or just want a weekend away. While it is true that they are 15 minutes from Ubud, I think that is one of the things that makes the Tanggayuda so special. It was away from all of the traffic and noise and it was paradise for us. If the location seems too far for you, keep this in mind, as you walk around Ubud, you are welcome to visit any of their other locations for free coffee, tea, and snacks or a dip in their pools to cool off. What an unbelievable added benefit. You can go shopping all over Ubud and then when you are too hot, you can just go for a dip in their sister resorts pool, have a snack, and wait for the shuttle service to pick you up and drive you back to the Tanggayuda! All included for free. Amazing!!! My wife and I are already talking about spending another 24 hours on the plane just to spend more time with them.

Thank you Komaneka for making our honeymoon dreams come true!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Floyd639
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights here in May and we had a most relaxing and enjoyable stay. I think the fact that we spent most of our time at the resort and ate all our meals there is testament to the quality of the resort and the food served. (By the way, the hotel is about 10 mins drive from Ubud town centre and going to town and back is not a hassle at all with the free hourly car service provided.)
We stayed at a Valley Villa because we wanted a private pool, good view and complete privacy and we got all that. The room was tastefully decorated and the bathroom facilities were great. The housekeeping service was unobtrusive and our room would be made up and supplies replenished every time we returned from breakfast and dinner.
The breakfast here is sumptuous without being too heavy so make sure it is included in your room rate when you book. There are probably 6 or 7 different breakfast sets to pick from and they are all good. Similarly, the dinner menu has a wide selection and we had different orders for every dinner. There is also complimentary high tea provided every day so plan your schedule to enjoy that as well.
As we were on a late flight, we had a spa treatment after check-out and it was the perfect way to cap our stay at Komaneka.
Finally, I must highlight the excellent service we received here. The service is great all around but I must especially thank Eva for her hospitality and for being an excellent guide on our trekking trip.

Tampa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We spent 4 nights at this spectacular property. We loved that it was away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud (a 15 minute drive into town on the free shuttles). Our room was wonderful...very large with a comfy bed and gorgeous, huge bathroom. We did not have a pool villa, just a garden view but we loved it. And the hotel property is gorgeous, with beautiful grounds and walkways and amazing views of the forest and ravines. The infinity pool is breathtaking as well as the view from the open air restaurant. What made our stay so special was the quality of service from all the hotel staff. We were always greeted so warmly by smiling staff. We especially fell in love with Gun, who served us at tea and also in the restaurant. Don't miss the early morning bike ride with a guide through villages and rice fields near the hotel. We even were invited to a staff member's home during the bike trip for fresh coconut milk. We loved our adventure and got some great pictures. I highly recommend this hotel.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Best place I even been to , amazing room , awesome staff and hospitality , were greetd and welcomed by Mr.Amin the hotel manager , he was very keen to customize services according to our background , I found a halal menu customized to my family and mini-bar , I got an awesome room with private pool with stunning views and an amazing breakfast served daily in my room , would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: room 111 was amazing