“Incredible place”

Komaneka at Tanggayuda
Ranked #10 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent three nights at Komaneka at Tanggayuda and had the most wonderful stay. The staff are incredibly helpful and thought of everything to make our stay even more perfect.

The hotel itself is stunning. Our room had a beautiful view. The room was spotless and every convenience is thought of - towels, robes, gowns, lots of storage, plugs, delicious cookies and bottles of water are provided twice a day.

The food in the restaurant (which also has the most spectacular views) is delicious. Breakfast is amazing (at least three courses!!) and afternoon tea is provided every day.

We had excellent massages at the spa and went on a trek around a local village and rice fields which we would highly recommend.

Overall, an absolutely incredible stay! Thank you so much to all staff who made it so special.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife Marilyn and I stayed here in September 2012 location great , great pool villa, great staff a lasting memory of Bali I could not say the same about the rest of Bali though, the Ubud area was really good

Room Tip: A pool Villa is a must
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank paulchap
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We split our stay in Bali between the beach at Seminyak and here in Ubud. At the beach we just relaxed at a resort and only went out once but weren't overly impressed with the town. Here in Ubud, it is quite different. The Komaneka at Tanggayuda is lovely, built on many levels and overlooking the valley, each room very private and surrounded by tropical gardens. We had a one bedroom villa with private pool and it was huge and very comfortable. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are all so friendly.
The hotel is 15 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Ubud town but there is a complimentary shuttle running to and fro all day. There is lots to do in and around Ubud so we were only at the resort in the evenings and early mornings.
Definitely recommend visiting this area to experience a more "Balanese" holiday and this hotel is a wonderful place to base yourself.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were there for 4 nights honeymoon stay. Service and facilities are well above the others five (5 stars hotel) we found in songapore, bali, lombok. We were in a private pool valley villa. My wife almost cried the time they showed us this place. You can have breakfast wherever you want at the same price. Nespresso, apple tv, 250 movies, 2000 songs for free yet in your tv-hifi. I was very stressed and we got a twin massage in the spa, not expensive, the best of my life and they went on rithmically well beyond the 30 minutes. Very usefull free luxury shuttle to ubud. Very peacefull place. My wife loved the satay and resraurant it's not expensive at all if compared with 5stars bali hotels (of course you can find good cheap restaurants in ubud, but no so comfortable as having a good dinner in your own place). Live balinesian Music, complimentary things everywhere, tea and pastries...a kind of heaven. Good work komaneka, we felt at home (actually better) :) Service was simply oustanding!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Yes, Bali is a spectacular island, and I am very glad to choose it for my honeymoon destination, but...from my point of view, it's no worth going there without feeling the real Balinese spirit like i felt at Komaneka at Tanggayuda. No, this is not a hotel, it a special place where you can have your own house for as many days as you like/afford. No, they don't have employees, there are very nice angels that take care of you, talk to you and help you with good advice. I will never forget my stay there, that beautiful terrace you have above the restaurant, and the candle light dinner and every fabulous minute. The only regret I have is that I chosen to stay only for 3 nights. Thank you beautiful people for this holiday!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Following a 5 night stay in Legian my husband and I had the extreme pleasure of staying 3 nights at the Komaneka facility. This was paradise!
Our magnificent pool villa faced a valley which we could enjoy from our sun lounges by the infinity type pool in the backyard.
The grounds are beautiful and the staff were so friendly. They went out of their way to make us comfortable.
The daily massage was so relaxing.
Took the hotel shuttle (15 minutes) to Ubud a couple of times but were always keen to get back to Komaneka.
Can't wait to return to indulge ourselves again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I cannot say enough about the Komaneka family of resorts. The Tanggayuda is easily the most superior hotel I have ever stayed in. The location, the bed, the room, the pools, the staff, the food, everything was perfect. Every time my wife left the shower or sat around the pool she looked at me and said "I feel like I am at the best Spa in the world." and that was just our room, not even their spa services.

I strongly recommend this location if you are on your honeymoon or just want a weekend away. While it is true that they are 15 minutes from Ubud, I think that is one of the things that makes the Tanggayuda so special. It was away from all of the traffic and noise and it was paradise for us. If the location seems too far for you, keep this in mind, as you walk around Ubud, you are welcome to visit any of their other locations for free coffee, tea, and snacks or a dip in their pools to cool off. What an unbelievable added benefit. You can go shopping all over Ubud and then when you are too hot, you can just go for a dip in their sister resorts pool, have a snack, and wait for the shuttle service to pick you up and drive you back to the Tanggayuda! All included for free. Amazing!!! My wife and I are already talking about spending another 24 hours on the plane just to spend more time with them.

Thank you Komaneka for making our honeymoon dreams come true!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple