“Beautiful location and great service”

Komaneka at Tanggayuda
Ranked #7 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed 4 nights in the Valley Pool Villa and absolutely loved it! Our villa was at the edge of the compound (#108) and was very private. It looked out over the valley with terraces in the distance... lots of trees and just a gorgeous setting. I'm not sure if all the other valley pool villas had the same unobstructed views; it seemed that some villas were overlooking the main swimming pool and were not as private. Anyway, we loved having breakfast out on the pavillion... could sit there for hours just relaxing and enjoying nature. The villa inside was very nice too. There's a bay window sofa that overlooks your own pool / pavillion / valley... in case you don't want to sit outside to enjoy the view. Tried swimming in our pool but the water was a little chilly (we live in a tropical country and like warm water!). Service is excellent, staff are very friendly and attentive. Because the resort is quite small (only 20 villas/suites in total I think), you really get personalized service and feel the warmth of the Balinese hospitality. Food was also surprisingly good (we only tried the local food menu though). I liked that they had a free daily refillable cookie jar in the room for you to munch on.. nice touch. hehe. The resort is about 15-20mins from the town center of Ubud (Monkey Forest area)... sounds far but it really isn't that bad. Our hesitation at first was the distance from Ubud town, but when we got there, we quite liked that it was away from the busyness of the town. There's an hourly shuttle that goes back and forth between the resort and town center which is very convenient. All in all, we would love to come back and stay here!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oh_holidays08

Reviewed 21 June 2009

Given that there is a bewildering choice of hotels to stay in Ubud I relied heavily on the reviews from previous travelers in choosing to stay at this beautiful hotel. Without being over the top deluxe (which is never as relaxing) it's easy to get comfortable and not want to go out. I do think the pool villas are probably worth the extra cost for the view and ambience. My husband wanted to "stay in" all the time- the grounds are gorgeous, as is the main pool. Breakfast was only average but the barbeque in our villa was amazingly good and have never had so many people helping to decorate the villa in a romantic style. Also enjoyed a massage at the spa complete with the sound of ducks and roosters in the background. Only very minor difficulty was distance from Ubud and transfers sometimes slow and a little behind schedule- we were happy though to stay at the resort and just relax. Manager and staff were very attentive. There really is no need to pay exorbitant prices around Ubud to stay at the best place. The rooms are gorgeous, all very clean and lots of little touches that show attention to detail. Definitely go and enjoy this find.......

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisavanessa
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Our whole experience with Komaneka Tanggayuda has been nothing but pleasing experience.
We were planning to take the Valley Villa, but since it's fully booked we took the Courtyard Villa instead. At first I wasn't really sure if it's a right decision because we want to get the 'valley view'. But once we stepped in into the Villas, we were completely satisfied with the whole set up and some 'little things' that they prepared such as flower petals in the volcanic stone bathtub and in the bed. we can actually see rice paddies right through the window from our bedroom, so it is a pretty decent complimentary
Trust me, the pictures don't justify the ambient and atmosphere that you get in the room and the whole place. If you already impressed with how it looked in pictures, you'll be even more impressed with how it feels in real life
All the staff had been really helpful and nice (they actually call you by name) ever since picking us up at the airport until leaving 2 days after. If you stuck somewhere in the middle of their shuttle route or even somewhere in central ubud, they will pick you up. they even introduce us to some nice restaurants in ubud.
The breakfast is quite nice and we were completely stunned by the romantic candle light dinner menu. it was enormous, it probably took us 2 times to eat the whole meal. The duck / chicken also taste really well. Oh and the addition of red wine is a really nice surprise for us.
the balinese massage combine with spa also really nice considering you want to relax some more around the hotel
If you could drive a motorcycle, you could rent one straight from the guest desk. It would provide you with a more flexible alternative considering you want to go round ubud by yourself.
Somethings to be noted is the water in private pool that is too cold and amenities such as liquid soap and lotion in wash basin that seems old / expired. other than that everything has been perfect.

Reviewed 31 May 2009

This hotel is fantastic, the staff make you feel completely at home from the outset, nothing was too much trouble and they made the beginning of our honeymoon extra special with some really lovely touches.

The hotel is slightly outside Ubud in a very peacefull valley with stunning views. This was perfect for us as we wanted to relax but they also have a very efficent shuttle service into town so you can easily get in to the restarants and shops of Ubud - There are some great restaraunts in Ubud to try so this service is a great thing to have.

The hotel is very beautiful, the reception is open plan and the pool is stunning. There is also a great spa which my new wife loved. The villa is stunning with a private pool and wonderful outside bathroom with a great bath carved out of a rock.

The hotel is perfect for relaxation but is also well placed to do a number of great activites, from white water rafting to elephant trecking (both worth trying), I would recommend ths hotel to everyone and also would recommmend thier VIP visa entry sercice which made the airport experience so much easier.

This hotel is a perfect honeymoon destination - very romantic

1  Thank thompj
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I recommend this resort with a 100% guarantee. I returned from May 1 - May 5 and it is absolute paradise. If you can afford the plunge pool, go for it. I also visited the Monkey Forest resort, and it looks lovely. The major difference is location. If you are someone who does not like to be shuttled around (My husband can get annoyed with this being alpha-male) than you may want to stay in Monkey Forest. You can easily get a taxi back to the resort in Komaneka, but you do have to get shuttle their unless you want to arrange transport ahead of time which can be difficult or pay for one of the hotel taxi's which is a rip-off.

1  Thank ShoshannaVacay
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I stayed at Komaneka for five nights during April with my teenage daughter. It was a wonderful experience and at the end of our time there my daughter said it was the best holiday she had ever had. What makes the difference with this resort is the level of service. All the staff are warm, professional and attentive. They even organised a surprise birthday cake for my daughter (who did not want the fuss but was taken by the kindness of the Balinese staff too). We spent some time in Ubud but kept coming back to Komaneka as it is such a haven. We also used the spa on a number of occasions and the treatments and staff were first class as well. We will return

Anne Sydney Australia
May 2009

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AEKSydney
Reviewed 29 April 2009

It was my second time to visit Komaneka At Tanggayuda.
Too much stress and too much work......i have been fighting with depression and taking
medechine since a few months.

Once i arrived the hotel, the air and songs of birds and sweet fregrance of flowers
welcomed me.
Next day, my stress-mark-pimples were all desappeared! (believe me or not!)

Sitting at the restaurant, looking at great view of rice terrace,my pains of mind and pains of shoulders were melted in the air, I felt.
If i could stay there little bit longer, maybe my depression would have been totally cured,
i thought.

food is great, and view is great and all staff has great hospitality!
I recommend you all strongly to go and stay there for a few days or if possible....a week or a few weeks.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends