This is a really great hotel. I booked because of some of the reviews on Tripadviser but wasn't totally convinced until I arrived. The pool villas are really nicely set out with plenty of space and views across the valley toward some rice terraces. They also have either indoor or outdoor stone bathtubs in a garden type setting which I found really relaxing. The whole complex is set on a hill and nicely spaced out for privacy. The main infinity pool is stunning although there isn't much space to enjoy the sun - maybe 8 sun loungers or so. We had the pool villa closest to the main pool so spent more time with our own plunge pool which was more than adequate to cool off.
Service at the hotel is really good - nothing is too much trouble for them. One night we had a Balinese themed dinner - traditional clothes, the plunge pool covered with petals, lanterns, candles, a really magical setting. They even spent half an hour or so putting flowers into my girlfriend's hair. I think it was about $120 for the whole evening with a set menu and ok wine, which considering all the attention and flowers is great value. (Reserve in advance as I think they can only do one or two of these per night and most couples are honeymoon or anniversary types). I also did a day trip with picnic around the island to see some of the temples and rice terraces. Again fabulous service, finding the best spot in the botanical gardens and putting pillows and mats to ensure our every comfort.
I was concerned about the location before going, but it's not too far from Ubud (about 20 minutes) and they have regular courtesy cars or you can book a taxi. Personally didn't think there was a huge amount in Ubud and prefered the rural location of Tangayuda to the other Komaneka properties. (They have three properties, Tangayuda being more luxurious and targetting honeymooners. Better villas and views. Also went to Monkey Forest Road which was nice enough and really central for Ubud but nowhere near as nice as Tangayuda). Also went to the Four Seasons at Sayan for lunch but it was way overpriced and empty. I think overall Komaneka at Tangayuda is a great option for somewhere really special, luxurious but without totally blowing the budget. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud