“Kori Ubud”

Ranked #118 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
London
“Kori Ubud”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The resort is set in amazing gardens. Really beautiful; the scenery and decor blew me away. The room/bathroom were very large indeed and clean. However, we could hear the guests staying in the room next door, coughing all night...so, the walls are fairly thin! Be prepared for that! Also, don't expect a great breakfast. I had the rice porridge option, and it was quite stodgy unfortunately. My friend had the American option, and I don't think she was too impressed with it either. Despite the thin walls and the poor breakfast, I still give this resort a good rating, due to the stunning gardens, decor, room size and cleanliness. Would stay again for a night if passing through the Ubud area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PomelloLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I satyed for 4 nights with my husband and friends at Kori Ubud and I must say that it was the best vacation ever. The resort is small but is exotic with lush greenery everywhere. The location is perfect, about 5 minutes drive from the main Ubud market yet cocooned in tranquility. There are two swimming pools and the staff is very friendly and warm. I had booked the deluxe suite but got upgraded to the luxury suite for reason not known. The room was very spacious and immaculately clean with fresh crisp sheets and fluffy pillows. There were flowers everywhere on the first day which gave a nice touch. The bathroom was huge with separate shower cubicle and tub.
My friends had booked the superior room and these rooms are also very nice. I was staying in room 101 overlooking the pool and it almost seemed as if the pool was a private one.
Breakfast was good, however I felt portions were a little less. The only reason I am not giving a five star is the shower in the bathroom was not working properly and water was trickling out.Aircon was also not working properly but on telling the staff, it got fixed. We took the massage at the spa and it was wonerful. Overall , a great experience and I will definitely recommend this place to my friends

Room Tip: upper floor rooms in front of the pool are very nice
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Kuching, Sarawak
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

It was a perfect getaway for me and my family. The location is perfect. Near to almost everything and yet, private enough to cut vacationers out from the hustle and bustle of the streets. Staffs are friendly and the setting of the whole resort is simply fantastic. Rooms are very clean and spacious and security is very good. I will definitely go back there again soon.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kahing
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We were rather disappointed with Kori Ubud. We booked it after having read some good reviews, but my heart sank when we arrived as it felt very bare and characterless, unlike the two previous places we had stayed on this trip which had loads of atmosphere. However, the gardens were lovely and the staff were friendly and very helpful, but the hotel itself is bare and lifeless with bleak corridors and bare characterless rooms. You wouldn't know you were in Bali. If they put a few pictures or some Balinese art and craft around the place it would help enormously. On the positive side though, our bed was enormous and very comfy and the room (a Deluxe double) was very clean. Our shower was a bit of a trial though as it pumped either scalding and cold water at you in alternate bursts. We were on holiday in Ubud with friends who were staying in much nicer hotels than we were, so we know there are better options out there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel was chosen for us by a web site that overbooked us to another property . They upgraded us to the Kori which was good of them . When they advised that we were now going to be staying at the Kori , I read the reviews and saw that some people said it was noisy .

I wrote in advance and asked for a quiet room . We were checked into a beautiful big room . The place really looks good and has everything you require . The bathroom was massive . It had a nice big veranda and in room free wifi which is a real plus . Unfortunately we could hear the traffic noise , so the next day asked to be moved , which they happily did . The next room was just as nice but you could still here a bit of noise .

We had booked a hotel with a padi field view and when we were upgraded to stay at the Kori , we were told they had Padi field views . On check in the reception staff told us ( Quite correctly ) that there is no Padi field view from any rooms at the Kori . I think they may have had views in the past but now there is a big wall of palms and vegetation that have probably grown up to block the view . A lot of the property looks onto other buildings but it is all done very well .

Breakfast is in a lovely setting and there is a good selection . They probably could be a little more flexible with breakfast for the price but it was not a real problem . My wife usually only eats fruit and not the main course but one day had seen that I had a pancake starter . They serve you only half a pancake for some reason . She asked if she could have a whole pancake as she was not having the main course and they said no . On another day she asked if she could have a bigger serve of the fruit platter as she was having nothing else and they said no . No big deal and only a small detail .

The property is run very well and the staff were all very friendly . I personally would probably not stay there on another visit as I did find the traffic a bit noisy . We have been to Ubud many times and it is nice to be in the peace and quiet . After viewing many properties at Ubud , I also think it is a little pricey .

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet high room down near the villas.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorhiti
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I hadn't hope so much from this hotel,
I just want to stay at Ubud for 2 nights and I find this hotel review is pretty well, and price is reasonable
So I talked with my friend which would we choose, Kori Ubud or another cheaper hotel.
Thank god we chose here.!!!

I think it's Deluxe room.
The room and bathroom is very, very spacious.
We booked 2 rooms for 5 people, 1 twin and 1 double bed without any special require.
However, when checking in, the hotel staff let us in an interconnecting room and told us they can open the door to connect the room for us.

Hot water was working well,
Hotel amentities is lack of nothing, soap, lotion is quite good jusmine, manicure rasp, for example.
complimentary drink is 2 bottles of water per room --- yes it's not enough.
Free wi-fi internet work well, lost signal sometime.

The hotel have shuttle bus going to Ubud but I can't remember the time because we use charter car for our trip.
Near the hotel, there're Japanese restaurant, Spa, Charter car shop, local store, huge supermarket where you can buy almost everything there with reasonable price (lot cheaper than in convinient store)

We ate only breakfast there and found that it's not bad but nothing specially delicious.
no buffet breakfast (there're only 12 rooms)

Room Tip: Inter-connecting room is available.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Kori Ubud is a very pretty Resort. Our room was big, styled well & clean. But the service & lack of attention to detail is what let this place down.
On arrival we asked about the free shuttle into town, we were told the details will be in our room inside the guest book. From here everything went down hill ... First of all, no guest book. Two towels & two bottles of water when three people are staying in the room. Both bedside lamps didn't work. When we rang, we were told someone would fix the problems, in the mean time the next shuttle was leaving in ten minutes. We got on (along with another guest), we also told the driver that we would like to catch the 4.30 shuttle back from town to the resort (the other guest also requested this too). We got to the meeting spot at 4.15 (we noticed the other guest was there waiting too). But, by 4.50, the shuttle bus never showed up, we were tired of waiting & got a taxi back the resort, apon arrival we complained & the driver said, "no, you said 6.30" ... wrong! When we got back to the room, nothing had been fixed. We called the desk AGAIN, finally our guest book, water, towel & someone to fix the lamps arrived ... you really shouldn't have to ask twice!
The pressure in the shower was terrible, there was no way I could have washed my hair in that shower, the dribble of water wouldn't have washed the shampoo out! The lighting in the room is very dull.
The inside of the room was clean, however, out on our balcony, the leaves were never swept the whole time we stayed there. Also, the glasses that our welcome drinks came in were left on a ledge near the steps to our door during our ENTIRE stay, they were often covered in ants!!
The staff just didn't seem to care, the only staff that showed any enthusiasm were the breakfast staff, they were always smiling, friendly & attentive. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special.
The pool was lovely, however, the padded covers were hardly ever on the deck chairs, & only once were there towels by the pool for guests to use (otherwise we had to ring the front desk every time we went for a swim).
The resort is about a five minute drive from town (we walked home once, it's mainly up hill tho), there's a few nice restaurants & cafes close by. It's surrounded by gorgeous lush gardens.
Like I said it's a beautiful looking resort, but the unenthusiastic staff really let it down. I wouldn't stay there again, nor would I recommend it to my friends. I'm sure you'd get much better service elsewhere in Ubud.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nessio
IB N, Manager at Kori Ubud Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Ms. Nessio

Just having your comment.
We are very sorry for this inconvenience.
Your room No was 101 (Luxury Suite) the best room categories that we have!
It was only a misunderstanding, as long as you note us about further requests, we are happy to do extra works to our beloved costumers.
Any small or bigger things a long as we have even we could do an effort to serve you we are happy to offer you as well as other clients.
We are young team that is way we appreciate any comment for our better future...

Thanks