We did a detox program here for 6 days full program with daily massage, morning walk and yoga.
In order to apprecitate this review below are some key points about me:-
- been in Ubud more than 15 times
- not particular a yoga person
- not a super health conscious person or vegertarian
Here it is - we have been searching for the best detox program comparing between Samui and Ubud. I have done a detox already (short one for 4 days in Samui) 4 years ago. We decided to try Ubud Sari just to enjoy the city as we both love Ubud and also our friend who live in Japan has recommended us so we went for it.
When we arrived it was quite - we requested for a room near the waterfall. Our friend recommended it as it's more pleasant and the room is a bit bigger. We got a room on the ground which was not at all nice - big but bathroom tiles floor pretty much like living in a cheap flat.
We got our wake up call by a lovely lady at 0600am with a cup of hot herbal tea for a rice field walk. Since we have been in Ubud many times - we did not find a rice field walk any special plus walking with a mob of 10 people marching through rice field at 0600am in the morning is not exactly our style. So we skipped the rice filed walk for our entire trip. Rice field walk was only 40 mins.
Yoga started at 0730am - first day I found it very difficult to hear/understand the yoga teacher as he speaks very softly. However we got used to the postures after our second day - the yoga class is pretty decent. Again I am not a yoga person and rarely do yoga so this comment is coming from a beginner.
After yoga - breakfast served mainly juice for the first 2 days, you allow to have stock, soup and smoothly after your 3rd day. I did not feel hungry at all since you can order as many juice, soup, stock as you want.
We asked to change room after our breakfast - we got a room up on a small hill overlook the waterfall. The room is much smaller but very cozy wooden floor with outdoor bathroom/ cute balcony. If I recall correctly room 4,5 and 6 are the best ones. There is nothing in a room no wifi, no tv nothing just sound of the waterfall. Some people may disagree but wifi in the room would be nice. In any case we survived spending some time in lobby to read news, download movies with ipad and emails.
Highlight of this place are really:-
1) quality of spa here. As I said we have been in Ubud many times and tried many different spa here including Venezia, Monaco, eve, zen etc... They are horrible - I actually gave up a while ago thought that there is no good spa ubud. To be very clear - this is not a fancy spa but the quality of the massage is amazing. We live in Singapore and generally have massageery week but the massage here is divine. Not all masseurs are good though - I had 2 bad ones but the rest are great. If you decide to do detox I would not recommend daily spa program - I found it too much for your muscles. I did not enjoy facial and the bio electric massage too much.
2) Colonic - I did colonic in samuel before and had to say that unix sari is way way better. The two ladies who helped me with colonic are great. They are experts, massage your stomach, keep you relax through the whole process. They really made the colonic experience easy to go through and their massage during the colonic is very effective. They are also the two most lovely people's have ever met. I have a lot of respect for them - they have been working in ubud sari for 16 years doing colonic so you are all in good expert hands.
3) Staff - super fiendly attentive staff starting from leaders who have been assigned to you when you start the program. The leaders will keep track of what you need to do, eat follow your schedule. They are not nurse but served with full caring heart - we really appreciated them. Staff are great starting from reception, kitchen, room cleaning so I would say people in Ubud Sari are very special and love what they doing. Make a huge different for us.
There aren't that many lowlights but important to prepare yourselves. The only thing is really the cleanliness of the outside area - being a humid country it is very difficult to keep everything clean. However there are some basic things: reuse of towel at the swimming pool. I found this is super none higienic. They should have enough towel for everyone for the sun bed and not reuse the towels. Outside Pillows at the foot massage bed and yoga mat are also pretty dirty so I would recommend to bring your own.
We did hear many people complaint that the place is run down and need some touch up work. However we did not mind - the place is old and run down I agree but it does not bother us. We found it quite okay since the room is clean/bathroom towels are also very clean. There were not any bed bugs so rooms are quite decent just outside area need work on a hygienic side of things.
It is important to note though that this place provide more of a fasting and colonic facility. Unlike in Samui where they have more advanced Herbal program to help you detox. This place does not provide detox tea, and all the pills and methods as in Samui. However they just hired a Heath consultant - she was great. She provided individualized program, additional supplement, psyllium to help you with detox. They also don't have coffee colonic here - I am pretty happy with the colonic I had but it would be nice to have coffee colonic as well.
Would I come back again? The answer is definately yes even for just for holidays.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ubud Sari Health Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Sari Health Hotel Ubud
- Ubud Sari Health Spa
- Ubud Sari Health Resort Bali