“Nice and quiet”

Ubud Sari Health Resort
Ranked #132 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
“Nice and quiet”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The massage was OK, she didn't massage me symmetric, so I was lying and thinking about that she missed some places on my body, didn't do all the fingers for example. But maybe it's supposed to be like this. But a very relaxing experience except that!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay in the resort but had a spa treatment and dined in the restaurant a couple of times. The food was incredible - so fresh, healthy and tasty. Even my carnivore fiancee was hooked! Highly recommended the banana pancakes and coconut noodle salad and raw lasagna!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Angelique B
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My second stay at Ubud Sari was a great disappointment. The place had become shabby and was pretty dirty. The rooms are not only basic which is ok, but uncomfortable. No chairs to sit on when you are 61 is unacceptable and the lighting is so poor that one cannot read at night. The bathrooms have no shelves or surfaces to put things on.
The admin staff were unfriendly which I found so strange for Bali. The only positive was the massage. Really wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Cathbris
Geelong & Bellarine, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our first ever detox program and it was really not as difficult as imagined. After stays in a very nice villa at Seminyak and great hotel in Sanur, we headed off to Ubud Sari for this quite different holiday. Fasting is not something I have ever tried before but it was a really good experience. The juices you have are sufficient and because everyone else at the resort is doing the same, there are not a lot of temptations in the way.

With treatments each day, a nice pool and a great chance to catch up on some reading the days passed really quickly. With the morning herbal tea wake up at 5.30 and group walk at 6am, it was always early to bed and usually pretty good sleep.....for the boys, drinking that much water all day makes it near impossible to sleep all night....The weakest point of the day came after the morning walk and juice when we did yoga. The teacher isn't really a teacher, great flexibility but not a lot of teaching and his English is a bit hard to follow. I transitioned to a morning run after the walk and thoroughly enjoyed it with a nice dip in the pool on return.

The staff look after you really well and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The rooms are not at the high end of accom but they are comfortable and we could always lie around in different places at the hotel to read or access the wi-fi. Wi-fi is only available in some of the rooms and with no access in room 19 we would often head to the pool or the small outdoor restaurant for internet.....it was great actually that we had time without it.

The hotel location is excellent and even though we had been to Ubud once before, the morning walks got us out in a range of different areas that we would have missed....don't miss the walks. Take your camera on the long rice paddy walk. There isn't a lot of talk on here about the colonics but at the end of the day they are quite easy to deal with....not the most comfortable treatment in the world but bearable.

I might even go back in a few years. Have dropped 6 kilos in the week there and the week back at home and eating much better as a result. Very good outcome for us both. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for this type of holiday.

Room Tip: Room 19 is a great size but the waterfall noise may disturb some. Just sounds like steady rain falli...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Will G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Decided to come to Bali instead of Thailand for a fasting / cleansing week and Ubud turned out to be perfect place to do this..... I booked a simple program which consisted of the colonic and daily pills for 6 days as I had already experienced a similar program elsewhere and therefore did not need the additional extras that would have come with a more intense program. The resort is well established and could probably do with a refresh but the service, juices and spa were all lovely. I travelled with my sister who was not fasting and she rated the raw/vegetarian food here excellent and the choice of juices/smoothies is vast..... and all so fresh....

We stayed in a Zen cottage, alittle tired but lots of charm...... ours was positioned right by the waterfall so alittle noisey as there is no off switch for the noise but surprisingly for us it didnt effect our ability to relax or sleep.....

The challenge I feel with these type of holidays is how to keep busy whilst fasting and Ubud area definately gives you alot of choice..... from shopping in the markets ( always start at a third of the price quoted , they expect a haggle ) cookery courses, silver jewellery workshops, making your own organic face cream, eco downhill cycle rides and endless choice of other spas... we tried a few which took us to some outer areas of Ubud and we found some real gems as well as some cracking cafes/restaurants... all worth the taxi/scooter ride ( Alchemy, Kafe, CasaLoona )

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shirley_md_memories
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have recently stayed at Ubud Sari for a 7 day Body, Mind and Spirit Rejunevation Program and it was the best Health vacation I have ever had.
The staff is GREAT especially Yannick and Ole were wonderful, caring and always ensured that I was following my diet and brought me on time to my treatments.
The raw restaurant is great and the juices and soups are delicious.
I recommend room number 5. It is wonderful, has an outdoor bathroom and overlooks the waterfall. The first 2 days were challenging, no food, no TV, no emails and not mobile phone, but I must say, after the 3rd day, I did not even miss that anymore.
The morning walks were one of the greatest things. The view over the rice fields of Ubud was amazing. Truly unforgettable.

The hotel is operating since 17 years. The property and the SPA area would need a refreshing in terms of products, however, the quality of treatments was excellent and the housekeeping service ensured that the rooms were clean.

Yani, the woman who is doing the Colonic treatment is wonderful, truly an expert and very sensible.

All in all, I would stay there again, as the location is great as well. You feel like in the middle of the bush, however, just around the corner you will be in the center of Ubud with its shops and markets.

A big THX again to all the staff who made my week in Bali truly wonderful!

Room Tip: Room number 5 is very nice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Momo T
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

When you think Indonesian Island, private pool, outdoor four-poster bed, 5 star service, this is honeymoon central.
Sadly I was here with a fellow journo, but nonetheless, when I get married I am coming back for my honeymoon!
Everything is chic, but decadent, and the food is local, fresh and served beautifully.
add the serene service, it really is the ideal romantic honeymoon destination. I was sad I only could stay for one night and he was not a sexy blonde!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business