“Tucked away from busy Ubud”

Ubud Sari Health Resort
Ranked #133 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Tucked away from busy Ubud”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here for 3 nights. The room was small and basic. Bed, toilet and bath/shower was pretty much it. Breakfast was simple and not very sustaining, but a nice way to start the day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was quite, about a 10min walk from the crazy busy centre of ubud. Great to have free access the sauna and spa.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rys1976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I just finished a the 7 day "Healing Week in Bali" and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Many of the previous previews spoke of Ubud Sari being tired or in need of a renovation, yes it is a little worn but very clean and the condition of the resort did not detract from our experience in the slightest. We stayed in the zen village in room 6 which was small but with a big balcony and a comfortable sitting area in the front in a private courtyard. Yes you can hear the waterfall but it is a constant background noise that did not prevent us sleeping or relaxing. One excellent point is the free daily laundry service, they pick up your laundry in the morning and deliver that evening. We wished we had known this in advance as we could have taken far less clothes. The bed is king size and comfortable and has a mossie net. The bathroom was big enough with a bath/shower combo. It could use a few extra shelves. We had wifi in our room but connection was patchy at times, not a worry for us as we rarely used it.
We did a 7 day juice fast and cleansing (our first time) and found the range of juices and smoothies great…..you can customise or create your own and they take a lot of care guiding you through which combination will enable you to get through the hunger periods. We thoroughly enjoyed all the massages and treatments but a couple of things to look out for. The steam room is not great so we did not use. The heat blankets they use for wraps can get a bit hot so ask for some extra towels to insulate your legs and back. As first timers for the series of colonics we had some anxiety but I must say that Yani was really easy going and made the experience easier. I must say we both felt a million bucks after the colonics and the flat belly was a definite bonus. Don't skip the morning walks as you get to see Ubud as it is waking up as opposed to streaming with people. The walks go to different places for a bit of variety. The yoga was challenging for us as first timers but the instructor, Made (made of rubber….unbelievably flexible) was really good. The yoga mats could do with a clean, suggest BYO if you own one. We also did the volcano walk (Mt Batur) which was quite a hike (2 hrs up and very steep in places) but very worthwhile. Watching the sun rise from the top of a mountain certainly is inspiring and worth early wake up. Make sure you pack a jumper as it gets cold up there and suitable hiking boots or good joggers as the track up is rugged. Can also recommend the raw food cooking class especially on the last day when breaking your fast.

All the staff were friendly and attentive but have to say a big thanks to our team leader Yanik, his attention to detail really made the week enjoyable. All in all a wonderful holiday and we would certainly recommend the resort. By the time we left the resort we felt invigorated, healthier and much more confident on how to improve to a healthier lifestyle. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
21 Thank sneser01
Lennox Head, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A big thank you to all the staff at Ubud Sari for a fabulous week. The Mind, Body Rejuvenation Program was amazing and what a difference it has made. My aim was to reset myself back into healthy eating habits and to quieten my mind...this was achieved and more. I made some beautiful friendships with an amazing bunch of women from all walks of life.
I can't commend the staff enough with their support and encouragement throughout the week. Nothing was a problem for them when it came to accommodating our needs.
Thank you again. I will be back!!!!
The raw food restaurant was amazing. Next time I will spend time sampling more of the menu. I have come home inspired to continue good habits and to experiment with some raw food recipes myself...plus pamper myself more often!!!! :)

Room Tip: Free wifi in the reception and restaurant area. Not in the rooms. Suited me as I was not there to be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The massage was OK, she didn't massage me symmetric, so I was lying and thinking about that she missed some places on my body, didn't do all the fingers for example. But maybe it's supposed to be like this. But a very relaxing experience except that!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay in the resort but had a spa treatment and dined in the restaurant a couple of times. The food was incredible - so fresh, healthy and tasty. Even my carnivore fiancee was hooked! Highly recommended the banana pancakes and coconut noodle salad and raw lasagna!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Angelique B
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My second stay at Ubud Sari was a great disappointment. The place had become shabby and was pretty dirty. The rooms are not only basic which is ok, but uncomfortable. No chairs to sit on when you are 61 is unacceptable and the lighting is so poor that one cannot read at night. The bathrooms have no shelves or surfaces to put things on.
The admin staff were unfriendly which I found so strange for Bali. The only positive was the massage. Really wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Cathbris
Geelong & Bellarine, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our first ever detox program and it was really not as difficult as imagined. After stays in a very nice villa at Seminyak and great hotel in Sanur, we headed off to Ubud Sari for this quite different holiday. Fasting is not something I have ever tried before but it was a really good experience. The juices you have are sufficient and because everyone else at the resort is doing the same, there are not a lot of temptations in the way.

With treatments each day, a nice pool and a great chance to catch up on some reading the days passed really quickly. With the morning herbal tea wake up at 5.30 and group walk at 6am, it was always early to bed and usually pretty good sleep.....for the boys, drinking that much water all day makes it near impossible to sleep all night....The weakest point of the day came after the morning walk and juice when we did yoga. The teacher isn't really a teacher, great flexibility but not a lot of teaching and his English is a bit hard to follow. I transitioned to a morning run after the walk and thoroughly enjoyed it with a nice dip in the pool on return.

The staff look after you really well and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The rooms are not at the high end of accom but they are comfortable and we could always lie around in different places at the hotel to read or access the wi-fi. Wi-fi is only available in some of the rooms and with no access in room 19 we would often head to the pool or the small outdoor restaurant for internet.....it was great actually that we had time without it.

The hotel location is excellent and even though we had been to Ubud once before, the morning walks got us out in a range of different areas that we would have missed....don't miss the walks. Take your camera on the long rice paddy walk. There isn't a lot of talk on here about the colonics but at the end of the day they are quite easy to deal with....not the most comfortable treatment in the world but bearable.

I might even go back in a few years. Have dropped 6 kilos in the week there and the week back at home and eating much better as a result. Very good outcome for us both. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for this type of holiday.

Room Tip: Room 19 is a great size but the waterfall noise may disturb some. Just sounds like steady rain falli...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple