Ubud Sari Health Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsraw foodsteam roomdetox programmind body spiritzen villascoconut waterjuices and smoothiescolonic irrigationhealing massagegreen juiceherbal teaspirit packageshops marketshot gingerriver roomitchy biteswellness spa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2010

After having stayed trice at the resort and after having taken part twice in one of the all-inclusive health programmes (healing week and total detox) I would like to provide fellow travelers with a comprehensive feedback on the place:

Let's start with the positive side of things: The resort is a great place beautifully located at a small stream and forest and not far from the rice fields in the upper part of town. The resort is relatively small but the nice garden and tropical environment make up for this. The staff is extremely friendly and make you fell very welcome. The resort's signature treatment is colon therapy (colonic irrigation) and this treatment together with fasting (fresh organic fruit juice only) can make a new person out of you in a week. The total detox is supported by private craniosacral/Reiki sessions given by Paula (very good, she is a healer!) and various massages and spa treatments such as massages, warm stone, scrubs, deep tissue, facials, etc. Many guests return once a year or so for the so-called “healing week” programme and for some this has been life changing.

However, certain things could be improved and this review shall be seen as an encouragement for other guests – who may feel the same – to convey feedback to the Owner (Nomad) and management (headed by his daughter Ms Nonik) in order to improve on a place which has much more potential.

First of all it needs to be mentioned that overall cleanliness could be improved. Various areas of the spa could need a good scrub and also need upgrading/modernization. The steam sauna is in a deplorable state and also the male showers need regular cleaning. The rooms are quite different from each other and if you are not lucky enough to get one of the ZEN villas you may end up in the lower part of the resort and feel that you are somewhat overcharged for what you get. Sometimes it also appears that the owner abuses the ZEN theme of the resort as an excuse for absolutely minimalist and cheap fittings in the rooms. Other places in Ubud offer much more for less cash! On top – and this is the worst finding of my last stay – there were bed bugs/fleas in our bed and we went home with very itchy bites all over. This totally unacceptable. In addition, the bathroom of the colonic treatment room was dirty. Both the toilet and the hand wash basin hadn't seen a clean for a long time even though this room should be particularly clean and be disinfected daily!

Part of my programme were also daily raw food cooking classes but the recipes were quite simple and the ingredients were always the same for all dishes. For a USD 2,500 package (2 weeks inducing all treatments and room) one would expect more from such classes.

Massage: the skills of the massage therapists vary greatly - some are well trained but many aren't, leaving you with a sore neck and more tensions afterwards!

Overall feedback: 3 out of 5, nice place and great heath packages but the owner – who is a very well situated business man – should invest in upgrading of the facilities and the resort management should pay special attention to cleanliness and quality control.

I will carefully check other guest reviews and based on this decide if I will visit the place again in future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barnskybeat
Reviewed 28 April 2010

This was to be my first ever health retreat and I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and ushered me to all my treatments and when I missed a few, or they couldn't reshecdule them for me they were very kind and removed it from my bill without even me having to ask! If you are considering a fasting / raw food retreat, I can highly recommend as the resort is fuss free and small, the accomodation is basic, but this is exactly what you need to get away from it all and unwind.

My only wish is that they had someone who was a health professional - as when you are fasting you can have questions which the resort staff were not able to answer. Also I did the Healing week and this promised consellers etc - but I had nothing of the sort. Just the treatments. I was so busy that i forgot I was supposed to have this option.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Just amazing, no comment...I will come for more day...

1  Thank Jaens
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Had a wonderful stay here. My "villa" was very basic. Downstairs I had my bathroom, a living room, and a patio. Upstairs was my bedroom. The bedroom was open to the outdoors, which I found very charming and relaxing. The bathroom was outdoors, which I loved. I loved showering outside in a garden. It was not luxurious, but it was clean and well-kept and very charming in a natural and healthy sort of way. There was a pool which was on the small side, and a restaurant which was really a cafe and juice bar. The whole place was mainly outdoors. I took morning yoga classes by the pool and drank many juices in the juice bar. It was a short walk to Ubud and felt very serene and relaxing. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2009

in a beautifull street, very central, close to Monkey Forrest road and the palace.
Cheap and comfortable resort.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends