“Worth the few extra dollars”
Review of Ketut's Place

Ketut's Place
Ranked #50 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Ketut opens his beautiful family compound to visitors and immediately makes them feel at home. The rooms are lovely, the included breakfast is absolutely divine (get the pineapple or banana crepes) and the location is secluded enough for peaceful sleeps but close enough to the action to walk everywhere. Ketut will also help you arrange tours, rent scooters, etc and he is involved in the community's fire dance performances, which are a must-see. If we are lucky enough to be back in Bali some day, we will visit Ketut's again.

Room Tip: We paid for air con but I'm not sure it's necessary. When we were there the night temperatur...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma J
Ketuts_Place, Owner at Ketut's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your review and stay at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

i stayed this B&B when i went to bali for the first time. so i felt little bit uneasy to be in totally different culture. but ketut's,his wife wayan and their dautgter they are kind and friendly so, that made me feel at home. the room and buildings are traditional balinese archtecture, and i enjoyed it very much. and the garden was so beautiful. i happened to stay here on Niepi, but i was not bored. walking around the garden, taking pictuere, taking a nap in silence but hearing nature sound, it was one of the best relaxing day for the first time in long time. Wayan let me see the kitchen and her cooking and let me watch how she cooks balinese feast. it was fun.

i highly recomend to have a delux room because it has a much better view of tropical nature from big glass windows. you can go down the stairs to see little valley there. it was very nice too.

but this might not place for people who expect perfect clieaness or perfect serivices and facilities. it is perfect for people who enjoy different culture and experience. for me it was very good homestay.

to ubud center, it took me to 15 minutes by walk.

Room Tip: delux room with better view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emi H

Thank you for your review and stay in Nyepi at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Ketut's Place is just a few minutes walk away from the noisy center of Ubud. Far enough to have a quiet place to relax but close enough to get back to the center myself instead of having to arrange transportation all the time. A big plus.

The whole estate is very beautiful with a little bridge in the middle and a view at the jungle valley at the back. I ended up staying so much longer because it offered the perfect combination of having privacy in my own room or the terrace, meeting other travelers at the pool or learning more about Balinese culture by joining the family in the shared living area.

The tours that I booked there have all been great. Also the Kecak dance in the temple nearby.

Mr. Ketut and his family have been so nice that it was easy to feel at home there. Next time that I'm in Ubud, this is the place where I will stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Florian B

Thank you for your review and stay at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

An OK location, about 10 mins from town centre. Ketuts Place itself is really pretty - the pool, the traditional temple style - it's gorgeous. However i you are effectively literally staying at Ketut's Place. They live at the front, so to get some help you are bugging the family to often leave watching TV or something to come and help you. You need to ask for towels to be replaced (and questioned why sometimes!), and when I had visitors I was asked constantly who they were... which is acceptable if I was staying at someones house for free.. but I was paying more than 600k rupiah a night. I had a leak, and was told I didn't. All my clothes were wet from damp, it all stunk and overall that was pretty bad. I just found the questioning of where I was going and who was visiting me weird - I certainly wouldn't go back, you can get this sort of quality for 200k rupiah a night. Brekky was fabulous though and the family have some really lovely dogs, turtles and so on.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Rhondahirst

Thank you for your stay at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. We want to tell al of viewer about this review. Our place is not a big hotel, and our services such as family service. So we apologize if our services to serve you not like in the big hotels like this person said. Issue price, it is part of the deal before this person stay at our place, so we can not comment on this.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The garden is beautiful although you can easily find similar ones in other Ubud hotels, with better service and a HONEST host... Being on honeymoon, we didn't think of checking the bill just to discover afterwards that we got charged more than agreed for airport pick up - that others offer for free !
That was the last straw after a long range of disappoints - on arrival our sheets and matress were still stained from the previous guest. Complimentary with our (deluxe) room was just one soap and a ridiculous small breakfast. Of course you can ask for extra... at a meal price...
The staff is neither friendly nor professinal. Our room was poorly maintained and smelling from humidity. There is no home at this stay, just a tourist trap. To avoid.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vicky O
Ketuts_Place, Owner at Ketut's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your stay at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. We want to tell to all of our viewer, we never offer free pick-up service at the airport like in a big hotel, of course because the price in a big hotel is more expensive. This couple before stay at our place already make reservation for a deal price. we do not want to discuss the price again because when you have been given reservation price. and it has been agreed, so if the issue price make you write these comments we suggest to check back when you make a hotel reservation in another time.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed there 2 nights in Dec, I paid 400,000 rp. per night. Mattress was stinking and stock of sheets and towels haven't been replaced for years. For half of the price I found plenty of home stays nearby with nicer bedrooms and toilets. As positive aspects: excellent breakfast, quiet location, very beautiful traditional garden and houses with family temple.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DanielaBNDL

Thank you for your stay at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. all our price is the price that has been agreed upon prior to arrival, but we apologize if our service does not satisfy you. It has been our fix.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you know Doctor Who, you might think it's like the Tardis - bigger on the inside than the outside. Access is by a narrow door, and when you get in, it stretches out a long way with plenty of little gardens, all of which is very attractive of course. I found the bedding a bit meagre though and I didn't like a buddha in the shower. The breakfast seemed rather ungenerous too. When I asked for toast and jam, I got two slices of toast, a pat of butter, and a little box of strawberry jam. When I asked for scrambled egg and toast, I got two slices of toast, and one egg scrambled (with no milk/cream/butter added).

Room Tip: The rooms that were further back looked attractive.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay at Ketut's Place Ubud-Bali. If you want to try traditional balinese experience, Ketut's Place is best place to stay.