Lowest prices for your stay
US$18
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Hotels.com
US$18
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Priceline
US$16
Free cancellation until 25/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.comUS$18
Trip.comUS$24
FindHotelUS$18
All reviews family temple minute walk banana pancakes balinese style four nights rice fields jungle compound driver poolside tranquil waterfall indonesia
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

I booked this place via booking.com and wanted to let everyone know their description on booking.com is a scam! I don’t know Bali and so had to rely on their statements... they said they are 500 meters away from the city center, 700 meters away from the Monkey Forest entrance and ‘just a 5 minute ride from Tegalalang rice terraces.’ All of these are gross misrepresentations. And while the staff was mostly nice my entire stay here was a disaster.

The center turned out to be 1km away (Monkey Forest - 2.2km; rice terraces - 25 min scooter ride). While in the US or Europe it is not a big deal, here it turned into a scary trip back to the hotel every night. For 20 or so minutes I would be walking up... all sidewalks are taken by parked scooters and in any case are broken or missing stones, there are no street lights, I had to step in and out of the road all the time, and on top of that there are tons of stray dogs. Traveling solo this was a major issue for me (but booking.com refused to do anything). And I also could not find taxi scooters or cars willing to go this way because this street is away from any center attractions. Torturous 3 or 4 nights when I had to make this trip in the evening.

Also, in my case, bathrooms and shower were not ‘en suite’ while on the same level as the room, they were in a separate spot that required walking outside, meaning that each time I could not just pop in and out of shower but had to dress, put my shoes on etc

There are much nicer places downtown Ubud!!! I only wish I had booked it refundable - I would have moved out the same day.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank 13_ez
KetutsPlace, Owner at Ketut's Place Bed & Breakfast Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2019

Dear 13_ez,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it and your feedback really helpful to make our business grow up.
We already provide motor taxi or car taxi to resolve the location problem for the people who can't walk more father than 5 minute. Just ask to reception. It was easy, we will help you!

Reviewed 13 May 2019

We stayed at Ketut’s Place for three nights and found it to be a joy.
We started with a pick up from the airport in Kuta for the 1.5 hours’ drive to Ubud. The car was comfortable and the ride smooth. It meant a late arrival but they were ready for us. Initially we were given room 15, which is down a fair number of steps and on seeing us they suggested a move of room without hesitation. That was the first sign of being in a caring place. We moved to room 13 the day after and both rooms were very comfortable, 13 being lighter.
The room on the entry floor were smaller and each had a little patio area where people sat and had drinks/food – very nice and it added to the feeling of warmth. The pool was a reasonable size and breakfast could be had in the dining area adjacent to it.
Our fridge in room 13 had a frost problem, so they changed it with on hesitation. Ketut and his family are very helpful and friendly, it is not had to see why his place is a success. It is very traditional and a 10 minute walk into the town past some eating places and an art & craft store. There is also laundry available nearby.
Walking back form town there is a easy and the lighting on the road is ok. Walking into the town you enter next to the Palace and facing the market. It’s busy with places to eat but ont loud with music, making it a very pleasant experience.
We did take a tour to the Rice terraces, coffee, historic town and Holy Spring Temple – which amounts really to a driver for the time, as entry fees are not included. They are low and it’s understandable as to why they are not included. Again the trip was good, smooth with a good driver who also eventually drove us back to Kuta.
In the end we wished we had stayed longer in Ubud and avoided Kuta – Ketut’s place was a lot nicer than the hotel we had there despite it being a big brand. We will definitely be back to Ubud and Ketut’s.

Room tip: If you do not like stairs then 14 and 15 may not suit you.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen L

Dear Stephen L,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our place. We always ready to welcoming and served all of our guest during their stay in here. Personal touch is our value to connect with guest.
See you next time.
Best regards, ketut & family

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

Absolutely love this very beautiful and friendly guest house. Real characterful Bali and not the charmless rubbish you get lots of other places . Come here if you like a beautiful pool and gardens ,great rooms with very nice breakfast for a good price and fantastic hosts. Also if your lucky you get a friendly cat.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Martin P
KetutsPlace, Owner at Ketut's Place Bed & Breakfast Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

Dear Martin P, thank you so much for your feedback. That is true, cat, roosters and dog was friendly and nothing disturbing you.
Dog is mine but the cat and rooster is my neighbor pet.
Hope to see you again in another time. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately the pictures on the site are not at all like the rooms we had one room very mouldy and sheets were not clean evidenced by the stains and hair in the bed
just a screen on bathroom window the other room very small tired furnishings not enough room to put suitcases no real clothing storage and can see the dining room from bathroom shower window
AC unit was directly blowing onto canopy so it had to be tied away to allow circulation of AC we had paid for two rooms for three nights we left the next morning

Trip type: Travelled with family
KetutsPlace, Owner at Ketut's Place Bed & Breakfast Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2019

Dear Indigloflight,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and really apologize regarding the issue.
My place located in the real balinese home and very common to hear cat, dog and rooster even that not all day but there is. This is bali which the unique and culture.

Reviewed 22 April 2019

I booked a room based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and my experience was a little different from what was written online.

Ketut's Place is beautiful, with lush gardens that are intertwined with picturesque villas. My standard room with airconditioning was done up in a charming Balinese style (not like those faceless modern rooms in downtown Kuta) and the amenities in the room were very basic. The place is very clean and you can tell that the staff has a lot of heart.

Check-in was a quick affair and I was offered a quiet room (as per my request) at the top of a 3 storey villa. Not a problem for me, but might be for some. Bed sheets were clean, but my basic room did not come with a kettle, which they promptly loaned to me. Housekeeping was a bit of a miss as they are a little slow with their cleaning. The kitchen dishes out standard warung fare if you're hungry.

Overall I'd stay at this place again for its quaintness, but might look elsewhere if I want uninterrupted sleep through the night.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 2074BC, thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it and already upgrade our linens. All the lines is new and your suggestion really helpful to make our place grow up.
Thanks again.