“A unique experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Mature gardens with orchids and flowers throughout
A cool drink by the pool? Outdoor lounge for  gatherings, reading or contemplation
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Mature gardens with orchids and flowers throughout
A cool drink by the pool?
Outdoor lounge for  gatherings, reading or contemplation
Our rural and authentic lane, so close to town yet worlds away
Lush surroundings
Villa temple, greeting area and parking at dusk
Relax by the pool or do yoga in the custom bale
Lush and green
Welcome to Villa Santana!
Art and Antiques greet you
Special touches throughout
Lounge area with 48' flat screen TV
Lounge area with 48' flat screen TV
Dining area through  to the kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen, including chef!
Enjoy your  breakfast overlooking the rice fields
Delicious breakfast each morning
Healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs with fresh veggies from the market
Breakfast or yoga in bale pavilion
North bedroom with views for days
Lovely views off both Master suites for sunrise or a cool drink
Spacious bathrooms, one with bathtub
Outdoor orchid garden and private Sun Deck
Downstairs Bedroom set up as Twin beds
Details of Balinese art and antiques surrounding you
View to the Northeast at sunrise
Quacks both wooden and real
Quacky neighbors
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sydney, Australia
“A unique experience”
Reviewed 30 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

My family of 6 stayed at Villa Santana for 5 nights in December 2015. It was much bigger and better than I expected. the photos don't do it justice. We were there in the middle of the wet and very humid season but after being at the coast, where we literally couldn't function without air conditioning it was a relief to feel the cool breeze coming from the rice fields. We were aware that only 2 air conditioners could be used at any one time but we only ever had one running - which was the one in the downstairs room with 2 single beds. The 2 upstairs rooms were very cool with the windows open (cross breezes) and fan running. We did not experiencing any problems at all with mosquitoes. The staff were all exceptional, quiet, unobtrusive, willing, helpful and altogether delightful. Nothing was too much for them! I was concerned that the walk down through the rice fields to Ubud town would be a problem for my knees (which are dodgy) but it wasn't at all - in fact we almost preferred to walk (as opposed to getting a lift on the scooters) as there was so much to see on the way! It was a lot cooler at the villa than it was in town. The staff kindly arranged an extra single mattress to be brought in as we had our 4 adult children with us. It was a great experience and one we would not have had, had we been in a resort or villa in the town itself. I could happily have stayed on for a lot longer!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cool breeze coming off rice fields, open space, staff
Liked least: it was quite expensive
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Jan 2016
We appreciate your writing such an excellent review of our villa, and for the compliments on our sweet staff. The walk back to the villa is indeed a pleasure, and I am glad you enjoyed it--there is lots to see that you would miss on a motorbike or in a car. Our street has often been called the most charming street in Ubud. Warm hellos, lovely galleries, delightful shopping, and a nice way to walk off a good meal!

Most guests find they do not need air conditioning on all the time, and as you mentioned, the cross breezes are perfect when you leave the windows open and we rarely do have mosquitoes. Ubud is refreshingly cooler than the rest of Bali, and we built the villa to take best advantage of the breezes.
Jonathan...
Auckland, NZ
“unrelyable electricity with poor airconditioning.”
Reviewed 16 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

The unreliable electrical supply spoilt our holiday.
The Villa Santana, which we stayed in, is a large spacious, luxury villa.
It is a lovely villa in a beautiful setting in the rice fields.

I need to define my job here as a reviewer.
Would I recommend this Villa to other travellers?
The answer is NO!
Not until the dodgy power supply is fixed and you have the ability to use all your fans and air conditioners without the power going off.
We arrived at the Villa and we were very impress with its position and presentation.
We turned the air conditioners on, one in the living area and one in each of the three bedrooms. We started to unpack and within 15 minutes of arriving, the power suddenly cut out and nothing worked.
The owner’s husband arrived and told us that we could only run two air conditioners at a time and when I questioned that he said that I should have read his wife’s extensive notes on the villa. I knew that the lack of electricity would not have been mentioned in the notes as if it had been I would not have booked this villa.
Casey (the owner, I think that that was her name) came down to see us a bit later and did offer to move us to another one of their villas that did not have the electricity problem. We elected to stay the first night and see how the power supply stood up overnight,
After peek electrical usage time, after 8pm we were able to have the three bedroom air conditioners going at the same time but not the one in the living area as well.
We had a comfortable night and told Casey that we would be happy to stay in the Villa Santana and not bother moving.
So she did the right thing by offering to move us, no question about that.
Unfortunately we then found that it was only possible to run one air conditioner during the day and sometimes not even one. We even had the power go out when we were not using any air conditioners. The power cut out on us several times each day after that and was quite unreliable.
The staff at the villa were great, the position is beautiful, but would I recommend staying in Villa Santana?
The answer is NO.
Not until the electrical supply is fixed. Air conditioning in a Villa of this quality is a fundamental right that any tenant paying this sort of money would expect.
And until it is fixed I unfortunately as a responsible reviewer have to say, don't go to Villa Santana until the owner can categorically guarantee adequate power supply.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Jan 2016
Thank you for your review, and I am glad to hear you were impressed with our beautiful villa, location and presentation, and that the staff were great. I am sorry to hear that the unreliable electric spoiled your holiday, and I wish you would have said something, as the same offer was extended to change villas at any time during your entire 6 day stay. None of my email inquiries were answered. I am pleased to report that PLN (Bali's electric agency) has started installing the power transformer that will finally deliver the electricity we have been paying for all along. As reported everywhere, Bali is woefully underserved with electricity, and we have installed air conditioners in the bedrooms and living areas to be used as needed. Turning them on at the same time contributes to the circuit breakers popping off, and our staff are usually able to turn them right back on. As you may understand from reading the extensive notes that were sent, this is unfortunately out of our control and can be alleviated by not turning on ALL the air conditioners at the same time.
Hilary F
Canberra, Australia
“Beautiful Villa”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We stayed in Villa Santana for 10 days in July 2015. We were a group of five, my husband and I, and our adult daughter and son and our son's girlfriend ages from 18 to 57. The villa worked extremely well for us, it gave us space and privacy but also the central living areas where we could spend time together. So much better than a hotel! My husband and I slept in the bedroom downstairs which has two single beds and its own bathroom with a sink, toilet and shower. The others had the upstairs bedrooms which were just lovely, with gorgeous views over the rice fields and lovely luxury bathrooms. All the beds are very comfortable which is an important issue for me.
It was great having our own kitchen and making our own food from time to time. Breakfast is included and is cooked by the lovely (although very shy) girl who is one of the staff (I wish I could remember her name). The breakfast is simple and adequate. It would have been good to have just a little more variety on a longer stay..
All the satff are nice. Komang who is the is the main staff member is a truly delightful young man and just lovely to deal with and extremely helpful.
We liked the position.The villa is situated about a 20 minute walk from the edge of the centre of town, further to most restaurants and shops. There is a steep hill on the wlak and then the rest is pretty flat, We are walkers and love plenty of walking, but if you are not a big walker you might find it a long walk. One way is OK but a 40 to 60 minute return trip for dinner is a long way when you have had a big day or don't feel 100%. You can get meals delivered but we didn't try this, we had trouble getting on the places, The staff will give you lifts on the back of their bikes but they are not always available and it can feel awkward to ask if they are busy, and if there are a few of you it can mean asking for many trips back and forth which we did not feel we could do. It would probably be ideal if you had your own scooter/motorbike. I probably would not stay here with very small children- too many safety issues with the pool, rice fields, stairs, etc
My daughter and I spent quite a bit of time going to the Yoga Barn which is wonderful, but it is at the other end of Ubud and a 45 minute walk at a good pace. At the wrong time of day a taxi can take just as long because the traffic gets so clogged. If you wanted a Yoga Barn focused stay I would recommend staying down that end of Ubud.
The setting is beautiful, among the rice fields. Villa Santana is one of several villas in the complex. It is the biggest and most private, once you are there you wouldn't know there was anyone else nearby. We loved listening to the many frogs at night (and the ubiquitous geckos). The only problem in that regard was the rice fields were being ploughed ready for planting when we were there so there were many days where the motorised plough chugged noisily up and down in front of or beside the villa all day and we had to retreat inside and close all the windows and doors because of the fumes. This as a real shame, it was so nice sitting outside on the back deck or by the pool. This is not something that is in the owner's control but it can spoil an otherwise peaceful stay. Perhaps it would be possible to check about what times of year this is normally done and avoid that?
We found the position of the villa a good base for lots of exploratory walks in the rice fields nearby. Although a short sojourn further up the track and through a delightful little jumgel did bring us to the rear of a massive building project- a monstrosity of a development which hopefully will not be ready for along time and hopefully should not impact too much on this lovely area,
The villa was beautifully clean and extremely comfortable and Kasey was helpful and pleasant to deal with. The information they give you is very helpful too.
All in all a really lovely place and perfect for two or three couples or a family who are happy to walk!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The set up for extended family
Liked least: The noisy and smelly motorised ploughs running all day
9 Jun 2016
Thank you for your lovely review of our villa. Apologies for the farmers getting ready for planting rice and noise during your stay...it happens for a few days three times a year. Other than those few days, it is a serene haven! Yes, the concrete monstrosity being built is a very long way away from our neighborhood, and should not impact us at all or be ready for a long time. Thank you again for choosing Santana!
VivoW
Melbourne, Australia
“Peace and Serenity”
Reviewed 9 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed at the Villa Santana in September for three nights. There was a group of seven of us, ranging from 23years to 57 years, and we all loved it!!

The outlook from our villa was spectacular, and private which we all appreciated.
The staff were fantastic, our breakfast cooked every morning was delicious and we had them make a dinner for us one night, which was also delicious, the staff went and bought all the food at the market and cooked everything, we cannot speak highly enough of them.

The villa itself was beautiful, with everything you need supplied.

I was a little apprehensive when we had to get on the back of scooters to get to the villa, however the staff were fantastic and there was nothing to worry about, we all enjoyed the trips on the scooters.

There are two great restaurants within walking distance which we tried and and again these were very nice, the meals were fabulous.

If you are looking for somewhere to chill out, this is the place, and is not far on the back of a scooter to the main street, in UBUD..

We would highly recommend a stay here!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the view and the serenity... and the pool
Your age range 50-64
2 Nov 2015
Thank you for your kind review, and it was a pleasure to have you and your family stay at Villa Santana!
Shaviv
Prague, Czech Republic
“Love the staff at this great house”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I traveled around the Far EAst for a month with me kids (ages 9,7,4) and my husband. The kids all felt this was their favorite place to stay, in large part due to Komang, the wonderful staffer who helped us with everything throughout our stay. He and the rest of the staff were phenomenal. No task too small or big, no time too late to call. We had an absolute blast. The house was clean and lovely. The pool stunning (if a bit cold for me, not the kids). The view phenomenal. The breakfast they prepare, gorgeous. A high point for us was having Putri, a young girl from the area, come over and teach my girls Balinese dance. It was an experience of a lifetime. Would come back here without question. Fabulous.
Kasey, the owner, was also exteremely kind and quick to answer our questions prior to our trip.

Travelling group: Young Children
19 Jan 2016
This review is what we strive for! Thank you so much for the high praise, and I will pass it along to our wonderful staff and Putri, our favorite young charismatic dancer. We are very lucky to have such dedicated staff to take excellent care of our guests and our villa. We all enjoyed having you and your sweet family stay with us, and look forward to your return!
Erin w
“Quiet and relaxing oasis still close to town”
Reviewed 9 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

This is a gem of a place, before we had left we already started planning our next visit. I booked the accomodation thinking it would be nice, however photos do not do it justice it was amazing. Beautiful view amongst the rice paddies, in a lovely oasis of an area in Ubud.

The staff that run the house were just wonderful, really helpful without being intrusive and cooked an amazing breakfast. The electricity went out one night before we went to dinner and we texted the butler Koman, by the time we got home it was fixed... Amazing.

Lots of little touches such as being given a local phone and filtered water really made a difference. The owner Kasey was lovely to deal with and even emailed during our stay to make sure everything was ok.

One piece of advice would be to ensure you have with you the exact address and directions to the villa and also call ahead to ensure the staff are on hand to meet you or use their driver. The accomodation is located on a path which is only accessible via foot or scooter not car, the staff will met you and transfer your bags to the accommodation. It is actually even more lovely the fact that cars can't access it as it makes it that little bit more peaceful. Still only a 15min brisk walk to town.

Thanks so much for a great stay!! Will return :)

16 Apr 2015
We greatly appreciate your taking the time to write such a lovely review, and will welcome you and your extended family back with pleasure. Our talented staff epitomize the warmth and friendliness of the Balinese people, and we are lucky to have the very best. Our location, so close to town yet away from the crowds, is serene, unhurried, and authentic. The idea is to relax and just let Bali happen to you...
globalgir...
Brisbane, Australia
“Relaxing Lovely Villa”
Reviewed 20 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We travelled to Villa Santana with three children aged 13, 11, 8 and stayed for 2 weeks. The villa is lovely, clean and well equipped. The staff are very helpful. Gorgeous views. Beautiful pool. The walk in and out of the main street of Ubud along the Kajeng is very lovely, and takes about 10-20 minutes depending on the speed of the stroll.

We were surprised at how few mosquitoes there were, given that this villa is in the middle of the rice paddies filled with water. The rice paddies were being turned over when we visited, which meant that the rats that live in the rice paddies needed to find a new home. Komang, one of the wonderful staff was very good at setting traps for the rats. There were no rats inside. In fact, how the staff keep this villa mostly free of the wildlife of the rice paddies (insects, rats, cockroaches) is a remarkable testament to the care and attention to detail of the staff. When we were looking for villas in the rice paddies, we noticed that people complained about the wildlife. We are Queenslanders, so we are used to frogs, cockroaches, mosquitoes etc, which are standard for a tropical/semi-tropical environment. However, at this villa, such things are taken very seriously.

The balinese electricity system is fairly dodgy, and we had a few blackouts. We had to carefully stage the commencement of air conditioners overnight to try and prevent the electricity going out. We made sure we turned everything that was possible off before starting air conditioners. We also ran the air conditioners at 24 degrees overnight, in comparison to the 22 degrees we use here at home. However, 3 air conditioners at 22 degrees was too much for the whole system. When we did have a blackout, the staff were very helpful and the electricity was back on within a matter of minutes. There are torches provided for this eventuality. Some of the very expensive villas in Ubud have their own electricity generators owing to the vagaries of balinese electricity.

All in all, this was a wonderful villa, and a fabulous place to have a very relaxing family holiday. We would stay at Villa Santana again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lovely staff, lovely location
Liked least: Electricity
Travelling group: Young Children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing