“CLEAN, FRIENDLY STAFF, WELL-LOCATED AND GOOD VALUE!”
Review of Yulia Village Inn

Yulia Village Inn
Ranked #97 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I booked this property based on trip advisor reviews, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
Yulia Village Inn is ideally located on Monkey Forest street, just a short stroll in one direction to the amazing monkey forest, and a short stroll in the other direction to the main street. It is surrounded by a plethora of shops and restaurants, so you are right in amongst it all. The Inn is on a one way street, which is busy and noisy, but once through the grand stone gateway into the accommodation compound, it is tranquil, serene and so very peaceful.

The staff are excellent. Friendly, extremely helpful, and always smiling. Credit goes to management for selecting three ladies who brighten up the day!

My bungalow room was large and superbly clean. The bedroom has been renovated, and is modern within a traditional balinese setting. The bed was very comfortable, enabling me a good night's deep uninterrupted sleep on each of the 4 nights. There is a telephone, wall hung flat screen television with 20 channels, desk and chair, and dark wooden beautifully carved buffet cabinet housing a well stocked mini fridge. My air conditioner was effective and quiet. Through a traditional balinese door, there is a seperate area with large wardrobe with ample storage, and in-room safe.

The bathroom is modern and large. There is no bath, but a lovely shower with excellent water pressure, and the water was hot, hot, hot! Toilettries include toothbrushes and toothpaste (very handy if you forgot your own). There is also a small but powerful hair dryer.

Breakfast in the breakfast room/cafe area is not a buffet, but a choice as presented on the menu and includes American. Delicious and filling and I didn't need anything more to eat until the afternoon. And Yulia provides a complimentary afternoon tea in the beautiful outdoor reading area with cake or other traditional delicacy from 3-5pm! Which fills the gap until dinner. And it is a good opportunity to meet and chat with other guests over a cup of tea or coffee.

The gardens surrounding the bungalows are gorgeous. Lush and tropical, and meticulously maintained. There is a beautiful clean swimming pool, and plenty of chairs in which to sunbake, or you can sit in the adjacent hut out of the sun to read and relax.

Yulia provide free wifi, and for luddites like me, there are 2 free desk top computers available for use. Thankyou, thank you!

I am told by the Manager that plans are in place to reconstruct the entrance/reception/breakfast room area to incorporate a restaurant, which will definitely be a big plus.

I have really enjoyed my stay here. Clean, friendly staff, well-located and good value!

I'll be back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Victoria B
yenny h, Owner at Yulia Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Ms Victoria,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing comments at Tripadvisor. It is my most priviledge to have such comments from you. We are all speechless to hear how you mentioned everything inside the hotel so attentively.
Thank you so much, your comments will be our motivation in providing excellent service to our guest.

There are newer reviews for Yulia Village Inn

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I spent 4 days at Yulia Village Inn (booked a package via their website). I couldn't be happier. I really can't find anything to complain about and the staff, Dewi and Komang, were some of the nicest people i ever met. Really enjoyed everything and I would be back to Yulia without a doubt!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marsik_10

Dear Mr Marsik,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing at Tripadvisor. I am glad that you love Yulia ! and thank you so much for your compliments about our service and staff ! I do hope you enjoyed your holiday in Bali.

KInd Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We just spent a week staying here in the heart of Ubud and couldn't be happier. The room was large, pleasant, and clean with a great shower and nice quiet air-con unit. Free afternoon tea provided, and a small but pleasant pool area.

The staff were what made it special, however. Dewi and Komang at the front desk are wonderful, and all of the staff are friendly and helpful. We were sad to leave our new friends!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Glen,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing at Tripadvisor. It is our most priviledge to read your compliments about Yulia Village Inn and the staff. We will surely continue in maintaining our service and facilities to our guest. I do hope you enjoyed your holiday in Bali.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

. We were welcomed warmly by the friendly staff on our arrival and as we had stayed there before it felt like we were returning home.It was nice to be back and see all the revamp changes to the hotel and gardens. Its great.
We have no complaints with the staff, they are always pleasant, helpful and always happy to help.
The location is nice as it is midway between the markets and the monkey forest at the other end.
Hopefully we will be back again to stay for the third time next year.
I dont have anything negative to say.

Room Tip: I find any rooms are fine as the complex is not overly large and not far to the front street or swim...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Yulia Village I, Owner at Yulia Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Ms Carol,

Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor. I am delighted to have you back stay with us for the second time. It is also my most privilege to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Yulia ! we will surely continue our effort in maintaining excellence service to our guest. I look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Yulia's is a charming hotel with a perfectly lovely staff. They were very helpful in suggesting itineraries that proved to be great. Their location is perfect for exploring Ubud town.

My room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the porch inviting for a long read. Breakfast was a real meal! Tea was also served in the late afternoon.

WiFi works in the lobby and by the pool but didn't work in my upstairs room. I like fluffy towels and Yulia's weren't but that's a small item which they can easily fix.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Mr Ajarn,

Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us. Our Wi-fi in the swimming pool area actually works well, maybe when you used it during your stay was a bit trouble. Anyway, we will continue in maintaining excellent service and facilities for our guest. I look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

i stayed at yulia village with my family in June for one night and it was fantastic
the staff were so friendly and helpful i took my grandson who is disabled and they even built a ramp for his wheelchair how fantastic is that.
i will be back to stay for a much longer time
room was great afternoon tea was good.
thankyou to all the staff for our great time we had in Ubud

Vera and Peter Hanson

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ms Vera,

Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Yulia Village Inn. We will surely continue our effort in maintaining excellence service to our guest. I look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

After driving around the chaotic streets of Ubud trying to find a cheap ish place to stay we decided to check out Yula Inn as it had a car park.
We managed to get 3 nits for the price of 2 ...which was a good star.
The rooms are a great size...best showers , water pressure is amazing...comfortable beds, great air con and lovely friendly staff. Totally recommend here....there is a small pool with a nice place to sit and a library ...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
yenny h, Owner at Yulia Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing comments at Tripadvisor. I am privileged to have you stay with us at Yulia Village Inn. We will continue maintaining our service and quality to our guest. I do hope you did enjoy your vacation in Bali and I look forward to see you again.