“Lovely hotel and staff in central Ubud” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yulia Village Inn

Yulia Village Inn
Ranked #107 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Geelong, Australia
“Lovely hotel and staff in central Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at Yulia Village in one of the newly renovated super deluxe rooms. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel most welcome. All staff were extremely friendly and a special thanks to Dewi and Dewa at reception for making our stay so memorable.

Pros:
- our room was like new and although not overly large was extremely comfortable. It was tastefully furnished and included king size bed, chaise, mini-bar (a good cold one), safety deposit box, LCD TV approx 106cm built into the wall, good size wardrobe, free WIFI, and nicely tiled bathroom with a spacious shower comprising both a flexible hand piece and a large overhead rain shower.
- there was an outside balcony with table and chairs overlooking the garden which was a great spot to relax
- The gardens themselves were beautiful and a credit to the gardening staff
- the swimming pool was in an attractive setting, very clean and a decent size in which to have a nice refreshing dip. It incorporated a shallow section for toddlers.
- the 6 pool lounges and bale were fitted with comfortable cushions
- breakfast was a la carte with a number of choices. A good way to start the day and a nice change from the usual bain marie buffets
- the hotel location was excellent being about a 5 minute walk to monkey forest and with many good restaurants and shops virtually on the doorstep.

Cons:
- a small blind over one of the bedroom windows did not provide adequate privacy. At night, when the interior lights were on it was possible to see in from the side of the building.
- no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. However this was more compensated for by the fact that free afternoon tea was provided in a lovely open dining area close to the pool and overlooking a lovely rock waterfall and fish pond. Both tea and coffee were available and apple pikelets/banana fritters on alternate days.
- While there is a PC with free interent access near recetion there isn't a facility to print any documents. There is a cheap internet cafe next door though

Room Tip: Tips 1. There wasn't a hair dryer in the room but they can be borrowed from reception 2. We...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yotsmn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms: clean!! great beds, shower, toilet. They had to upgrade is as I made a last minute twin booking but they gave me a double - then made up a sofa lounge as a bed.

Nice gardens - very picturesque and gives a resort/villa feel. Very small pool but still pretty. Backs on to a beautiful rice paddy lot with surrounding villas.

Polite staff. So so wifi. I'd stay again.

Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Our room was not ready, we were early, so we left our luggage and went for an early lunch - lots of coffee shops and places to eat along the road. When we returned, we had been upgraded to the room which overlooks the rice fields, not something you expect to see in the what feels like the middle of town.

As with all the properties along the road, it has a small frontage that leads backwards, our room was at the back of the property, pass the small but nice pool and also the place where they serve help-yourself afternoon tea and cake each day (very civilised) and a good spot for getting wifi. The room was in a two-story block and very clean and had a contemporary feel with Asian twists, ie the wood panelling. We liked the fact that we had a balcony which had two seats and a table as well as a clothes stand to dry any wet clothes. Our room had a double-bed and a single-bed, plus a fridge and dressing table. In the bathroom, there was a large wardrobe and a personal safe. The room was cleaned to a very high standard every day.

The breakfast which was included in the price was very good and plentiful, lots of choice. The wifi access was also very good in the restaurant area.

The hotel is just a short walk to the monkey forest, which was a must do.

I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My partner and I just spent four nights at Yulia Village Inn and really enjoyed our stay so much that we would stay again. The room had just been renovated, very clean and comfortable. We love the Balinese style cottages that have their own little verandah that overlooks a garden. They are getting hard to find. To us it's the real Bali experience. Location was walking distance to good restaurants, shopping and the Monkey Forrest. The staff were friendly and helpful. Nice pool and surroundings. They were finishing off renovations while we were there but didn't find it an inconvenience as there was not much noise. Breakfast was adequate. Only suggestion is in room coffee facilities, tissues and larger towels. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Overall, great hotel for price we paid.

Room Tip: Choose top floor just in case you get heavy footed, furniture dragging guests that forget about thos...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I would love to stay again at Yulia Village Inn. Everything (location, staff, breakfast, room and service) is great. From the day I booked online, they responded immediately to my inquiry and request. Big thanks to the hotel for the surprise gift they gave to my friend especially for the room upgrade.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had a pretty positive experience at the Yulia Village Inn in Ubud. I stayed there from 6/10/2014-6/13/2014. The only crummy thing is that the hotel doesn't have a number address, so you'll likely need to have your cab driver call the hotel specifically so they can know how to get there, but the front desk staff where very cooperative and would probably be happy to inform your cabby exactly how to get to the hotel.

The location is pretty good, but be warned, since you are close to the monkey forest, you will have to wait through traffic often coming and going when you want a ride some place. Otherwise, there's plenty of restaurants and shops to walk to, in addition to places where you can see live balinese musical performances and the actual monkey forest itself. The hotel has it's own taxi service, which may be a little cheaper than the local guys. I was pretty satisfied with my local guy, except we had to stop for him to refuel the van and get a water at the convenience store, which I thought was odd, but I wasn't in a hurry at the time.

The room is of a reasonable size, and I got a free upgrade because I booked online or something, so I got a patio, which was a nice size, and nice touch.

The quality of wifi is good in the hotel rooms.

Knocks against the hotel were the giant cockroach I saw, and that the water didn't really drain fast enough from my shower, so I had to make sure my shower's were a reasonable amount of time, or I'd start to flood the bathroom.

Also, you get like one channel on the TV, so don't plan on watching TV.

The air conditioner was fine in the room so I wouldn't worry about that.

The front desk was cooperative in calling me when my arranged transportation arrived for activities I'd booked, so I appreciate their help in that matter.

The quality of breakfast is okay, but it's included in the cost of the room, and is better than a "continental breakfast" I would commonly get in the US.

The construction started kind of early in the morning, so don't expect to be able to sleep past 9. Otherwise the construction they were working on was mostly well contained, and did not impede my walking on the premises, or any concerns about my safety.

Room Tip: Try for a second floor room for better views, further back the better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sam H
Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is right in the middle of Monkey forest road and is OK for the price but you can find look at others if you would like. Would we stay there again, well maybe not but it was OK. The pool is small but still very good for a swim and it is a very quite place with afternoon tea every day.

Room Tip: We stayed in 805 right at the pool and this was a good place as if you go the back of hotel it is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple