Mandala Desa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Santi Mandala(Sukawati)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsview suiterice fieldssukawati art marketdutch ownerafternoon teacycling tourreal balirural areaarrange tourscoffee machineswimming poolwarm hospitalitythree nightsquiet placeperfect place to relaxnasi gorengevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights at villa.

Sitting in large terrace, facing commodious rice field, having local sweets as afternoon tea.... The atmosphere was so relaxed and the staff was very nice. Like other TA comments, the owner Jatincta was very helpful, we thanks their warm hospitality. The food in restaurant is very nice with natural, good quality ingredients.

Cycling around the hotel through local village (the hotel has freee byc.) was very nice, also we enjoyed shopping at Skawati Art Market. Plus Though here is not like fassionably luxurious like 5 star accommo in Seminyak, we highly recommend Mandala Desa if you like beauty of the culture in Bali.

8月中旬にヴィラに2泊しました。広いテラスからは美しい田んぼの眺めが開けていて椰子の林が点在しています。テラスから魚の泳ぐ水路の飛び石を渡ると東屋があります。床はクッションになっていてここで本を読むのが楽しみでした。奥の庭に山羊を飼っていて、一ヶ月前に生まれた仔山羊がとてもかわいかったです。

レストランの食事はナチュラルな素材で丁寧に料理されていて、とてもおいしかった。値段もとてもリーズナブルです。無料で貸してくれる自転車で近くの村や田んぼをサイクリングしたのが良かったです。自転車で10分ほどでスカワティアートマーケットに行けます。

高級で豪華なホテルとは違いますが、手入れされた庭、広い部屋や池のあるテラスなど本当に素敵で美しく贅沢な休暇がすごせました。また来たいと思います。

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 812nnym
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I booked Mandala Desa after stumbling upon it on TA and after looking at the website booked my stay because it just felt right!!! And I was not wrong!!!

Email communication with Jacinta prior to travelling to Bali for the first time was spot on. No question was too much trouble to answer. I was picked up from the airport by Ketut, and thank goodness as I had really no idea how far we were about to travel to the accommodation - about 1 hour. (Little tip if you are sitting in the back seat you can turn aircon up by turning switched above head.) Travelling by myself I was quite anxious about going to Bali but Jacinta helped to quell my anxiety of the unknown by organising a driver (complimentary) to be waiting at the airport. Seeing my name on a big sign so clearly was such a relief!

I arrived at the villa about 5pm in the afternoon just in time for the complimentary afternoon tea which was a lovely touch. I had organised a massage on arrival which was so good and very reasonably priced with the added bonus of being massaged in your villa.

For the duration of my stay which was approximately 10 days, breakfast was supplied every morning - either Western or Indonesian it is your choice. The breakfast was very delicious the only downside is that the toast was cold on many occasions on its arrival to me but in saying that to have my breakfast cooked every morning it was something that I was able to over look.

As I was travelling on my own I booked a Villa for privacy and it was everything Balinese I had imagined. Keep in mind though this is more of a B & B, it was like you are a guest in Jacinta's very big house. It is not the service of a hotel chain, it's much more personal! The room was huge for just one person, with an outdoor bathroom that just screamed Bali! Just mind that you close the bathroom door whilst in the shower or the tiny frogs hop their way inside for a visit!!! The outdoor sitting area was perfect for meditation especially when you are able to hear the neighbouring morning and evening prayers. The rooms are not overly modern and could probably do with a little upgrade especially with the air conditioning, sometimes it felt like it was not really working. There was a few problems with the water being turned off but as soon as the staff were made aware, this problem was fixed. Also Jacinta came to personally apologise the next morning for any inconvenience.

The meals were ridiculously cheap! I did find that if I stuck to the Indonesian meals rather than Western meals I enjoyed my meal more. The Nasi Goreng was yum and the pumpkin soup was just to die for! The only downside to staying at Madala Desa was that as I was travelling solo even though there was complimentary shuttles into Ubud the sometimes 30 minute drive impeded on any spontaneity for dining options. After being out all day sometimes it was just easier to stay at the villa for dinner but considering how minimal the prices were it was it kind of balanced everything out!

The great thing about Mandala Desa was that it was like we were all Jacinta's private guests - with interactions and outings amongst guests made easy with Jacinta's awesome local knowledge of the area. Definitely check out the local Sukawati markets (10 min drive away) prices are much cheaper than Ubud markets. We ate at a local warung and the meal was seriously one of the best I have eaten!!! (All for $3 Aus)!!!! Jacinta also organised for me to visit local silversmiths. It was such a beautiful and humbling experience and the jewellery was exquisite. She can also organise tours, I would highly, highly recommend the Ubud cycling tour was AMAZING!!! One of best moments of my trip. The complimentary driver made day trips so much easier and if you stay longer than 7 nights Jacinta offers a driver for a whole day free of charge.

I came to Bali as part of my own "Eat,Pray,Love", healing experience and I was not disappointed. From the moment of arrival all stress just evaporated whilst looking over at the spectacular rice paddy view. Yes, you can stay at cheaper accommodation in Bali but if you are looking for an authentic Balinese experience then Mandala Desa is the place for you. I was blessed enough to even visit my own Ketut Healing Man which was organised by Jacinta and definitely recommended! Yes the good does take sometimes a little extra time to come than you would expect but considering you are on Bali time it does give you a chance to readjust and just be present in the moment. I would definitely come back here and stay, now with a better knowledge of the layout of Bali it would definitely be a good base for any traveller. The Balinese staff were just lovely and Jacinta was just a doll. As a fellow traveller said to me, "Bali is an exquisite experience - if you come here with an open heart and mind you will have amazing, life changing experiences." The good points definitely far outweigh any negatives at this beautiful spot in Bali.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jojoandherdreams
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just leaving today after a wonderful few days here- a lovely, peaceful location with charming helpful staff. Should not be put off by the distance from Ubud- they arrange flexible transportation to there and indeed all over Bali.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Mandala Desa is set on the edge of a village with views over rice fields and jungle. It is peaceful, in a rural way (chickens, roosters, dogs). Jacintha runs a wonderful and personal service, the staff are friendly and helpful, the meals and drinks are delicious and reasonably priced. It is a way out of Ubud, but there is a van to drop you into town and pick you up at no charge, or offer a service to other places at a very competitive rate. Our villa was spacious, private and comfortable with outdoor relaxing areas and an outdoor bath. There are many simple touches which make a great service e.g. a large water cooler size potable water dispenser. We ordered an in room massage at a very reasonable rate with a great masseuse. This is a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

It was great to wake up in the countryside near Ubud with such a peaceful view. The food was great and the staff was amazingly friendly and laughing all the time and they're willing to help and advise you. Rooms were very comfortable and clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends