All reviews superior suite rice fields afternoon tea arrange tours coffee machine outdoor shower warm hospitality three nights village life every morning nasi goreng local village visit bali close to nature welcome drink balinese hospitality large room
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Mandala Desa is an oasis of calm and peace. My family and I travelled to Mandala Desa 4 times in the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. Every time we go to Bali we spend at least a few days here. The location is idyllic: it is quiet, beautiful, and with very few tourists, which is priceless. All the rooms are decorated with taste and are very clean (some rooms have an outside bathroom: highly recommended!). The staff is genuinely kind and considerate, especially with kids. Jacinta, the owner of Mandala Desa, is always very thoughtful and will do everything to make your stay wonderful (whether it is to help you organize activities or rent a car/scooter or give her valuable advice). There is room service, and the staff is always accommodating. Whether you want to travel with family, kids, friends, as a couple, go for it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EmmaL3748
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. This place was such a pleasant surprise, since this was a rare not-at-a hotel stay for us. Prefer this over the Hyatt's and Marriott's out there any given day. We had a lovely time at Mandala, and greatly appreciated being in the villa and wonderful hospitality❣️host Jacinta is amazing and helped us explore places locally and a great resource for helping planning trips and excursions. Definitely recommend the Balinese massage, which we did as a couple on our veranda. I loved the Balinese breakfast and snacks in afternoon that were complimentary. They went out of way to make delicious traditional foods vegetarian and egg- free. We took their bicycles into rice fields and that was relaxing, and fun.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Where do we begin? We booked a room at Mandala Desa for 4 nights - and soon decided to extent our stay! This resort is simply awesone overall! Jacinta‘s guidance and hospitality is far beyond „good service“. She personally took care of all our needs and her staff is extremely kind and professional. The location itself is gorgeous and the tropical garden including fruit and vegetables are very well kept. We travelled with two little ones, and everybody seemed to enjoy them rather than criticize their needs. Very child friendly place! Jacinta even provided car seats and toys for the kids. Pool and views stunning, bed supercomfy, surrounding appealing, tours inspiring! My wife and I travelled this world a lot - but this might just have been the most sympathetic place we ever stayed at! Enjoy your stay - we are certain that you will!
Flo & Anja

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This place is Great....from the moment you arrive (place is not easy to find) you are warmly greeted by the staff...they actually come out and meet you at the car. They whisked me right away to my room, which was lovely (pics attached). I arrived late, so I did not get to take advantage of the menu or anything....plus they came to the room with a "welcome drink" and a slice of apple cake along with a cool towel. Perfect start. My room was large and balcony was too. There was a beautiful pool and the staff was very gracious. I should have stayed here longer.

Room Tip: This is a luxury property at a very nice price....all 5 rooms great
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed at madala desa for 7 nights early september in 2017.
I wanted to spend a relaxing time in Bali, not a sightseeing, and I found Mandala desa.
Mandala desa is located 20 min by car from Ubud (Don’t worry! Mandala desa has free shuttle service to Ubud). It is a quiet place, surrounded by beautiful rice fields.

Jacinta, owner of the villa, is Dutch and fluent in English and Indonesian. The staffs are very polite and friendly.
I asked for some private arrangements such as airport pick-up, yoga at villa, Balinese massage at villa, a car n driver for sightseeing tour and etc.) before our arrving, Jacinta prepared almost everything perfectly.

1. Transpotation: it is free service to ubud from mandala desa. I paid extra charge mandala desa to other places.
2. Private day tour: Jacinta introduced us a driver, Agus who speaks English fluently, is also a good driver and tour guide.
3. Meals in villa: we had meals quite a few times. Breakfast is complimentary. All the meals are more like our own home cooked ones. We thorughly enjoyed them.
4. Property: I stayed at garden suite. The Mandala desa is a traditional building, of course, but it has been well maintained. The room is very clean and no bugs at all when I stayed. It has a big bathroom but has little bit old stone bathtub and some ants. (Ants are everywhere in Bali ^^)

I’ve already booked Mandala desa for my trip to Bali next year. And I definitely recommend Mandala desa to those who need a healing in a quiet place with great service.

Stayed: September 2017