“Wow! Best Meal in Ubud” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 714 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$20 - US$23
Cuisines: Asian, Bar, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Santa Cruz, California
“Wow! Best Meal in Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I decided to check out LaRaMona on a whim and I was not disappointed. The food was INCREDIBLE, the service was super friendly, and the dining experience was very comfortable. I absolutely LOVE Mediterranean food and LaRaMona puts an awesome twist on the classic Mediterranean dish. I ordered the lamb kabob and it was easily the best meal I've had in Bali during my 10 day stay. It came with a delicious hummus spread and dill tzatziki. I licked my plate clean! Afterward, I was lucky enough to meet the owner/cook who was incredibly friendly. We struck up a conversation and I could not have praised his restaurant enough. My only complaint was that the restaurant was nearly invisible from the street, but maybe for a hole in the wall atmosphere it is just right the way it is. IF YOU ARE IN UBUD FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME, DEFINITELY MAKE A POINT TO STOP HERE FOR A MEAL!!!

5 Thank Mark U

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
“Delicious Food and Awesome Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

nice little joint - with amazing food.
Absolutely love the hummus with such the delicious bread that they make fresh! Would definitely come often!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank balibuttons
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Special evening here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We loved this place. The decor is quirky and fun. The food is completely outstanding, truly the best meal of a week of spectacular food across Bali. The tapas are beautifully constructed, flavour sensations. The service was excellent on a busy night with only 2 workers in the place, including the chef! His sister (the waitress) was really welcoming and friendly. I will be back here as soon as I am next in Bali... HIGHLY Recommend.

San Francisco, California
“Don't miss this - so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food here is outstanding! Being from San Francisco, we have a tendency to be food snobs. It's just that we're so spoiled. But the food here could compete with the best spots in SF and is a gem in this town of overwhelming dining options. Love that it's a tapas restaurant, so you can try several creations from this talented and very friendly chef. The service was great, the atmosphere & music were fresh and unpretentious and the food was killer - thank you LaRaMona!

Note: My husband and I ate here for our anniversary when Locavore was booked out for a week - we are so glad it was! So let me just say, if you can't get into Locavore, just cross the street and get a better meal for an incredible (way better) price. Honestly, we can't stop talking about this place. Watch out Locavore, there's a new sheriff in town!

3 Thank Alaina L
Encinitas, California
“A hidden secret in the middle of Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

LaRaMona Tapas is easy to miss, it's just a door with a sign on top, blink and you've missed it, but I encourage you not to! It's located right next to where Soma used to be on one of the busiest streets in Ubud. The food is outstanding! I've eaten in dozens of restaurants in Ubud and I can say that this is easily in the top 3, right there with the overpriced Bridges. I call it a secret because the prices are ridiculously low for the quality! 50,000 Rp (arond $4.5) for a plate. The flavors will make you want to come back again and again and bring your friends.

The owner/chef is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and he truly cares about his art and quality as well as customer service. He will take the time to talk to you and find out what works and what doesn't (it all works!).

Can't recommend it highly enough!!!

3 Thank Mearvk

Been to LaRaMona Tapas? Share your experiences!