“It is an OK hotel with bad food. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Anini Raka Resort & Spa
Ranked #133 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
“It is an OK hotel with bad food. Nothing more, nothing less.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed this hotel for one night after staying at a hotel that costs about 200usd per night.

Well, as a backpacker, this place is not bad at all, but I think this place might be too expensive for what you get. (I think I paid around 60-80usd per night). Here are some good points. The bedroom is pretty clean and reception staff is friendly. Also, usually shuttle bus goes to Ubud center only every hour, but they made exceptions and took us whenever we wanted and picked us up around Ubud center, so it was inconvenient. Also, the rice field view from the room is nice.

Now, negative sides. Bathroom (bath tub, shower area) is old and does not look so clean. Towels are old and worn out (washed so smell ok, though). Safety box was broken (we put our money and passport in a locker downstairs and didn't have problems, though). It seems that garden and pool are not so much taken care of. And the worst part is food. We are breakfast there. My mom got continental breakfast and I got Indonesian one. Wow, both options failed! Staff put pastries and bread in microwave too long so they were kind of hard... Juice is not fresh juice... Cheap kind. Chicken porridge was horrible- no taste and slightly cold (probably put some hot water over cold porridge/ rice and some chicken on top.) breakfast was included in our plan, but if not you have to pay 750,000 IDR for this. Def not worth it.

This hotel is not bad, but I don't think I will ever come back. If I am not a backpacker, I will pay 50-80usd more to stay in a nicer place. If I'm a backpacker and tight on budget, I will go for cheaper and more simple places.

I think this hotel needs to cut the number of rooms and focus on renovation of the facilities and quality improvement on service (professionalize the staff maybe?) The location is quiet and nice, so this could be like a cute and cozy boutique hotel where people come back again...

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay in Ubud after a short trip in Lovina. We managed to get quite a bargain package via Groupon. We reached Anini Raka around 6pm after a long trip from Lovina. We stopped at Mount Batur, Tegalalang & Monkey Forest otw to the resort. The check in session was fast & the staffs were friendly and helpful. Our room located at the ground floor in front of the pool. I love the dark stone bathtub and the paddy field view from the back door. The room size is ok & cozy. There was a fruit basket as well. Breakfast was so so. It was ok but not much ti choose from. We used the shuttle service for couple of times to go to the downtown. Before they dropped us to airport, we had our complimentary massage for 1 hour. Overall, I love Ubud and wish to spend more time there. I guess I'll give Anini Raka another visit, next year perhaps.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had a lovely stay. I found the hotel peaceful and restful. The rice terrace view from my room was tranquil and most people staying at the hotel were hanging out at the main pool so I had the lap pool as my own private space! I liked being a short walk from the centre of Ubud, away form the hustle of town and I enjoyed walking back in the cool evenings. I did use the hotel shuttle service in the heat of the day. My room was large, comfy and clean. The staff very helpful and friendly and I would certainly stay here again and again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Becky2013_13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We originally booked in here for 4 nights but ended up staying for 6 due to some Bali Belly issues. The staff were very atentitive and helpful when I explained our situation and that we would like to stay a few days longer. We did not get sick from the restaurant but probably from a restaurant in Ubud. One evening I wanted to go down to the mini mart and the lady at reception told me that at that time it would be too far to walk so she gave me her personal motorbike to use! So nice! Shuttle service was great and view over the rice paddies was very relaxing. We booked online and the price was very cheap for what we got, couldn't have been happier there. The breakfast was average but with so many great places to eat in Ubub we didn't care at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for ten days and had a wonderful time. The view over the rice field is lovely and you can go walking through it.
It is a long walk from town but the shuttle bus resolves this problem. They are even happy to pick you up after dinner. They also organised tours and drivers for us which made our stay a lot easier.
The staff are lovely and they all made a huge fuss over our daughter.
The only down fall is that most of the food in the restaurant is pretty average however there are many good restaurants a short walk up the hill.
The beds are very big and overall the room is very comfortable. The beds are a bit hard though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jlkt13
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This resort is the right place for those who want to have a peaceful and quiet environment. Everyone from the front desk, housekeeping, drivers, spa and restaurant have the Balinese warm hospitality touch. The front desk officer, especially Konming, is very friendly and accommodating, she is smiling and pleasant at all times. Breakfast are complimentary and adequate. There are a variety of other foods which we tried and are pretty good and reasonable. We stayed at the deluxe room, the room faces a swimming pool and the balcony opens out to rice fields which is really nice and calming effect. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are furnished with all the basic essentials and also they have an international adapter for different types of plugs.The most important thing is that the room has free WIFI and the connection is pretty strong. There is a free shuttle service to Ubud central every hour, we just have to arrange with the front desk. They also offer affordable packages to travel around Bali and the bus comes directly to the hotel for pick up. We had a Balinese massage in the hotel and find the therapists skilled and oils used good, however we think there are cheaper spas outside which offer the same type of massage service. The hotel though quite far from Ubud Central is a good walk away from Bintang Supermarket where you can purchase some groceries. There is a gym on top of the supermarket and a money exchange bureau and tourist information counter next to the entrance of the supermarket. There are also some shops selling personal art pieces along the road leading to the resort. We are happy with our choice of hotel in Ubud and wouldn't' mind coming back again to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MiinHway F
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a wonderful relaxing four days we spent at the Anini Raka. The hotel is a fair bit north of the main drag of Ubud centre but the hotel shuttle bus that runs every hour makes getting to town very convenient. Furthermore they collect you at any time in the evening. Just a phone call away.

The hotel itself is utterly charming. We had a garden view room which looked out onto little rice paddies. Our room was surrounded by lush greenery and flowers and you could barely hear the manic noise of traffic and motorcycles tearing down the main road. This hotel really was a idyll. We had a big verandah looking out onto the greenery and I would recommend this side of the hotel as the pool view is a little boring. The noise of cicadas, frogs and crickets at night and during the day was wonderful and in the evening fire flies shoot all around the rice paddies as do bats. Our young children were enthralled.

The staff were wonderful. Always pleasant, friendly and were absolutely charming to us and our children.

We only had breakfasts here which were simple but tasty.

I had a massage at the hotel spa. Around £8 for a sixty minute Balinese massage. Very vigorous but wonderfully relaxing. Had a second one the following day.

Do note that there are no children's activities at the hotel but they are still extremely welcome.

The three pools are very clean and the whole resort has a quiet charm to it. I would easily stay here again if we visited Ubud. Just a truly lovely resort. Pleasant staff, peace and quiet and lovely views.

Room Tip: Go for a garden view room of the rice paddies.