“Average hotel, Nice view, Bad food”

Anini Raka Resort & Spa
Ranked #129 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed anini raka for 2 nights. It has perfect location, not too far from Ubud Central. Quiet hotel, nice view to the rice fields, there are 2 pool. but the breakfast is awful. no buffet breakfast, you only has 3 choices: fried rice, bread, or omelette. Wth was that???...

Room Tip: choose the room facing to the pool, 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rayhana_Nia00

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Staff very friendly, rooms big, food great. Free transport in UBUD. Swimming pools lovely. Great value for money. Quiet and peaceful. Organised a well priced return to the airport for us. Cheeper than quotes given in Nusa Dua

Room Tip: ask for a two bedroom room for a family
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 2211Nikki1968
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have just recently stayed at this hotel for the first time. It was a lovely hotel; the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and an OK size but it had large sliding doors on to a deck over looking an exotic field which was lovely.

It's a very quiet hotel, although on the main road you can't hear the traffic. Breakfast buffet was limited but the pancakes were lovely. We didn't eat dinner or lunch here.

We hired a scooter so only a 5 minute drive in to town, probably a 15 minute walk in to the main centre of Ubud.

We didn't use the spa so can't comment on the spa services.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nomad14
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My second time staying here at Anini Raka. I really like the hotel for its location. It's not in the crowded area of ubud like monkey forest, but convenient enough as it is close to everything i need. For example, Bintang supermarket is just 250m, next to Sedona spa (totally recommend this spa too) and not too far from the fampus Naugthy Nuri's. Staff are very friendly and accommodating, had made a wrong booking in Agoda and they managed to accommodate. Nice pool and rice field view. Rooms are clean and spacious, but my parents got a room that has a leaking AC but they fixed it promptly. Overall, i'll come back to stay here again for my next visit.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vania B
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed this hotel for one night after staying at a hotel that costs about 200usd per night.

Well, as a backpacker, this place is not bad at all, but I think this place might be too expensive for what you get. (I think I paid around 60-80usd per night). Here are some good points. The bedroom is pretty clean and reception staff is friendly. Also, usually shuttle bus goes to Ubud center only every hour, but they made exceptions and took us whenever we wanted and picked us up around Ubud center, so it was inconvenient. Also, the rice field view from the room is nice.

Now, negative sides. Bathroom (bath tub, shower area) is old and does not look so clean. Towels are old and worn out (washed so smell ok, though). Safety box was broken (we put our money and passport in a locker downstairs and didn't have problems, though). It seems that garden and pool are not so much taken care of. And the worst part is food. We are breakfast there. My mom got continental breakfast and I got Indonesian one. Wow, both options failed! Staff put pastries and bread in microwave too long so they were kind of hard... Juice is not fresh juice... Cheap kind. Chicken porridge was horrible- no taste and slightly cold (probably put some hot water over cold porridge/ rice and some chicken on top.) breakfast was included in our plan, but if not you have to pay 750,000 IDR for this. Def not worth it.

This hotel is not bad, but I don't think I will ever come back. If I am not a backpacker, I will pay 50-80usd more to stay in a nicer place. If I'm a backpacker and tight on budget, I will go for cheaper and more simple places.

I think this hotel needs to cut the number of rooms and focus on renovation of the facilities and quality improvement on service (professionalize the staff maybe?) The location is quiet and nice, so this could be like a cute and cozy boutique hotel where people come back again...

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay in Ubud after a short trip in Lovina. We managed to get quite a bargain package via Groupon. We reached Anini Raka around 6pm after a long trip from Lovina. We stopped at Mount Batur, Tegalalang & Monkey Forest otw to the resort. The check in session was fast & the staffs were friendly and helpful. Our room located at the ground floor in front of the pool. I love the dark stone bathtub and the paddy field view from the back door. The room size is ok & cozy. There was a fruit basket as well. Breakfast was so so. It was ok but not much ti choose from. We used the shuttle service for couple of times to go to the downtown. Before they dropped us to airport, we had our complimentary massage for 1 hour. Overall, I love Ubud and wish to spend more time there. I guess I'll give Anini Raka another visit, next year perhaps.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had a lovely stay. I found the hotel peaceful and restful. The rice terrace view from my room was tranquil and most people staying at the hotel were hanging out at the main pool so I had the lap pool as my own private space! I liked being a short walk from the centre of Ubud, away form the hustle of town and I enjoyed walking back in the cool evenings. I did use the hotel shuttle service in the heat of the day. My room was large, comfy and clean. The staff very helpful and friendly and I would certainly stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo