“Another Wonderful Balinese Resort”

Anini Raka Resort & Spa
Ranked #130 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Perth, Australia
“Another Wonderful Balinese Resort”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in February 2014. Loved it. Great staff. Great Room. Wonderful swimming pools. we got a reduced rate as there was some construction going on, but it did not bother us. we liked the food and loved all of the staff we met.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel is a bit far from the city of ubud but they provide free shuttle service and it was great. Maybe it was not a lot of people so the shuttle is able to take us anytime and anywhere around ubud. Far from the city, but it was closed to spa area nearby the hotels. The room was quiet good, we take a family room with 2 bedrooms, It was clean. When I came in i can smell antiseptic smell inside the room. They provide water boiler as well in the living room. Too bad the room is a bit rundown even though it was ok for me. The floor in the bathroom of small room was dirty and I guess is not because of dirty but it was too old. Not expect a lot for breakfast since I have read few bad reviews about the breakfast, It was small and slow. The the best view is paddy field that look very nice from the hotel in the morning time. I am quiet recommend this hotel,.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed anini raka for 2 nights. It has perfect location, not too far from Ubud Central. Quiet hotel, nice view to the rice fields, there are 2 pool. but the breakfast is awful. no buffet breakfast, you only has 3 choices: fried rice, bread, or omelette. Wth was that???...

Room Tip: choose the room facing to the pool, 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rayhana_Nia00
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Staff very friendly, rooms big, food great. Free transport in UBUD. Swimming pools lovely. Great value for money. Quiet and peaceful. Organised a well priced return to the airport for us. Cheeper than quotes given in Nusa Dua

Room Tip: ask for a two bedroom room for a family
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 2211Nikki1968
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have just recently stayed at this hotel for the first time. It was a lovely hotel; the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and an OK size but it had large sliding doors on to a deck over looking an exotic field which was lovely.

It's a very quiet hotel, although on the main road you can't hear the traffic. Breakfast buffet was limited but the pancakes were lovely. We didn't eat dinner or lunch here.

We hired a scooter so only a 5 minute drive in to town, probably a 15 minute walk in to the main centre of Ubud.

We didn't use the spa so can't comment on the spa services.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nomad14
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My second time staying here at Anini Raka. I really like the hotel for its location. It's not in the crowded area of ubud like monkey forest, but convenient enough as it is close to everything i need. For example, Bintang supermarket is just 250m, next to Sedona spa (totally recommend this spa too) and not too far from the fampus Naugthy Nuri's. Staff are very friendly and accommodating, had made a wrong booking in Agoda and they managed to accommodate. Nice pool and rice field view. Rooms are clean and spacious, but my parents got a room that has a leaking AC but they fixed it promptly. Overall, i'll come back to stay here again for my next visit.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vania B
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed this hotel for one night after staying at a hotel that costs about 200usd per night.

Well, as a backpacker, this place is not bad at all, but I think this place might be too expensive for what you get. (I think I paid around 60-80usd per night). Here are some good points. The bedroom is pretty clean and reception staff is friendly. Also, usually shuttle bus goes to Ubud center only every hour, but they made exceptions and took us whenever we wanted and picked us up around Ubud center, so it was inconvenient. Also, the rice field view from the room is nice.

Now, negative sides. Bathroom (bath tub, shower area) is old and does not look so clean. Towels are old and worn out (washed so smell ok, though). Safety box was broken (we put our money and passport in a locker downstairs and didn't have problems, though). It seems that garden and pool are not so much taken care of. And the worst part is food. We are breakfast there. My mom got continental breakfast and I got Indonesian one. Wow, both options failed! Staff put pastries and bread in microwave too long so they were kind of hard... Juice is not fresh juice... Cheap kind. Chicken porridge was horrible- no taste and slightly cold (probably put some hot water over cold porridge/ rice and some chicken on top.) breakfast was included in our plan, but if not you have to pay 750,000 IDR for this. Def not worth it.

This hotel is not bad, but I don't think I will ever come back. If I am not a backpacker, I will pay 50-80usd more to stay in a nicer place. If I'm a backpacker and tight on budget, I will go for cheaper and more simple places.

I think this hotel needs to cut the number of rooms and focus on renovation of the facilities and quality improvement on service (professionalize the staff maybe?) The location is quiet and nice, so this could be like a cute and cozy boutique hotel where people come back again...

• Stayed November 2013