Over my 3 nights stay, we changed 3 rooms. The biggest, yet most horrible Gua room, the Janger room, and finally the Bintang room.
First night at Gua and we were deeply traumatized by the fused bulb in the shower, which the staff refused to change, the broken ceiling fan, which was replaced by yet another broken floor standing fan, and worst of all, a FLYING COCKROACH. The other 2 nights at Janger and Bintang were better, but we battled mosquitoes, flying and non-flying ants. Rooms (and pool) were also dirty and poor maintained.
For full review with pictures, visit http://molly-mia.blogspot.sg/2014/05/mias-travel-log-bali-day-1.html
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flourish with authentic Balinese hospitality and discover the mystique of old Ubud in "wish is our command" colorful themed huts including abundant daily room service breakfast and formal afternoon tea in botanical pavilion while watching Balinese girls make traditional spiritual offerings. Find repose in air-conditioned Elizabethan library decorated with antiques or reinvigorate in jungle-side bath. Our eco-friendly bungalow in a secluded ravine is a seven-minute walk from Ubud Center/Palace. Hassle-free transportation and in-room massage available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Cottage Hotel Ubud
- Matahari Cottage b&b
- Matahari Cottage Bed And Breakfast Ubud, Bali