Alam Indah
Saren Indah Hotel(Ubud)
Alam Jiwa(Ubud)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshibiscus roommonkey forestcafe wayanday bedlaka lekequiet sideshort walksteep stepsceiling fanjungle settingmosquito nettwo storeysister hotelwater pressuretropical paradisesmall hotelubud centre
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Unfortunately, my family and I had only 2 nights in Ubud, and I certainly admit that staying at Alam Indah was one of the best experience I had in Bali, if not the best!
Calm, serene, relaxing, lovely and kind staff, superb views, and accessibility to the Monkey forest, what else do you wish for?

Our room (Pamelo) was incredibly comfortable, the bathroom massive, we just loved the little isolated garden opposite, and how the ladies of the house prepared their exquisite offerings every day for the various deities in the garden. So calming, so very grounding too.
To get 5 stars, I would have liked to see a kettle and some tea available in our room, it would have been absolute perfection to me!

We live in Jakarta and my children made me swear to go back again, and we will.

Room Tip: If you suffer from the heat, make sure to book one of the newest bungalows, Pamelo is one of them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank diloo1
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Now we have stayed at all 3 of the Alams in Ubud. Indah was by far the best for the location. The views are incredible.We stayed in Hibiscus which is best for the views. This place is totally back to nature, quiet and peaceful. The staff( as with all the Alams) are brilliant. We would not stay anywhere else in Ubud and this is our 3rd trip.

Room Tip: Definately Hibiscus, but no aircon. Not that you need it in Ubud.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A friend recommended this place and I think we became fans the moment we walked onto the grounds. Calling Alam Indah a hotel does not do it justice. It really is a peace of heaven, and a tranquil haven.

The gardens are lush, well tended, and loved. The common areas (reception, breakfast and 'library') are wonderfully decorated and lovely to spend some time. Not that you will spend a lot of time there since just about every room has its own outside space with sofa, table and chairs. (one or 2 of the rooms don't have this, but that is made clear on the website). There is also a pool.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, without being 'in your face'. Service was great. Breakfast was as well.

We loved the location: secluded, just past the Monkey Forest, so away from busy Ubud proper, but a nice, safe, 10-25minute walk gets you there (depending on where you want to walk). You can walk either through the forest or along the motorcycle path. If you don't want to walk Alam Indah's shuttle will take you where you want to go - and pick you back up, free of charge (I'm guessing as long as you stay in the Ubud area. Lots of hotels have this service).

This must be the best place to stay in Ubud looking at value for money. At the time we stayed there, their cheapest room was USD65 (Papaya room where we stayed, and we thought 'wow': very spacious, huge bathroom with shower and a private patio). We also stayed in the Chengkeh room (on our 2nd stay): same: lovely room, huge bathroom and nice private patio. Most rooms have A/C; I believe 1 or 2 have a fan only (info on website).
Have I mentioned already that all this is within the setting of gorgeous gardens?

Transfers to and from anywhere further afield (airport, next or previous destination) can easily be arranged with the hotel (for a cost of course). They gladly and promptly replied to our email queries.

Alam Indah really is a very nice place to stay, relax, use as your base, and offers excellent quality and service for money. I can't imagine staying anywhere else on our next visit. Except maybe in one of their 2 sisters properties :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My second visit to Alam Indah and the mystique of this wonderful property keeps drawing me back. It is old Bali in its purist form from the grace and charm of the lovely staff to the traditional architecture and verdant gardens in which the bungalows are situated. The day commences with a lavish breakfast and the great coffee is available all day. The pool overlooking lush jungle is a welcome respite from the heat, so relaxing and peaceful. Two weeks of this heaven is not enough, I have already booked for my next visit.

Room Tip: Pisang or Cengkeh rooms are well priced for solo travellers
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Alam Indah is absolutely fantastic place,real Balinese Culture with excellent big rooms not forgetting the afternoon cup of tea and cake. The staff are also very nice and most helpful. Certainly visit again,again and again

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and spacious,some have fans others air on.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends