Alam Indah
US$308
US$176
US$132
Agoda.com
All reviewshibiscus roommonkey forestcafe wayanday bedlaka lekequiet sideshort walksteep stepsceiling fanjungle settingmosquito nettwo storeysister hotelwater pressuretropical paradisesmall hotelubud centre
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was our second stay at alam indah and can I say without reservation, we didn't even consider staying anywhere else when planning our trip to Ubud in December 2013. This time we brought our friends with us who stayed in the Gardenia Room. We stayed in Rambutan, only because we have done so previously. rambutan does not have airconditioning, but even in the middle of Bali's hot and humid summer, the ceiling and pedestal fans were more than adequate. We ventured into the Gardenia room with our friends and it is absolutely beautiful. For an extra couple of dollars a night, this room has airconditioning, extra room and is fitted out beautifully.

To the staff at alam indah, as always, than you very much for our stay with you again. You are the best we have come across in our travels and will not only highly recommend you to others, but will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you can get Gardenia, do so, if not, any room is sensational.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

A wonderful hotel in the charming village of Nyuh Kuning, close to Ubud (easy access to Ubud by shuttle, or by foot through the Monkey Forest).
We were 8 friends, and stayed at all three hotels of the Alam Indah Group: Alam Indah, Alam Shanti and Alam Jiwa. Each has its own charm. I particularly liked Alam Jiwa, with beautiful and ever-changing views over the rice paddies and Mount Agung… Beautiful, well-kept gardens in all three hotels. You are really close to nature!
Special mention for the wonderful, friendly, helpful and professional staff, who go out of their way to please you! Easy communication throughout the reservation process.
The best way to enjoy life the Balinese way! I will definitely stay there next time I travel to Bali!

Room Tip: Each room has its own charm. Wonderful outdoors bathrooms. Nice terraces… very hard to choose!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Epiktrip
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Having travelled around Bali a couple of times years and years ago, I chose to stay at Alam Indah that I had known before and planned to make some daily trips from there, while waiting for my daughter to join me later. I changed my mind and used the stay there as a sort of personal retreat - it was soooo beautiful, peaceful and excellent care from the people working there, especially since I found quite by chance a local Yoga place: Taman Hati, a five minute walk from Alam Indah. The day started with a swim in the pool, usually whilst one of the women working there put up the morning offerings on all the shrines in the property. She was shortly followed by the monkeys from nearby monkey forest who enjoyed their breakfast from the offerings: rice and banana slices. Breakfast was a great choice of fresh juces, fruit and a main dish of either international of Balinese taste with cups and cups of Bali coffee. In the afternoon tea was served with cake from Cafe Wayan in Ubud, where the whole Alam Hotel group started a few decades ago! The room was clean, quiet from traffic but a symphony of frog quacks and gecko calls accompanied my dreams.I also met some nice and interesting travellers there......in the Ubud area, THE place to be or Alam Jiwa, where my daughter and I stayed for a few days.

Room Tip: the rooms are all good...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christina H
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the Deluxe Gardenia suite in Dec 2013. Spacious (huge bathrooms!) especially the one upstairs open to a fantastic view of the monkey forest. Very serene and elegant property which gave us a very different view of Bali (we had just stayed in sanur the previous 4 days). We were unable to use their shuttle service to go to Ubud town but we were quite happy to stay in Alam Indah, chilling out at the pool, browsng their library and eating most of our meals there. Customer service and housekeeping was good, the meals were tasty and overall, a great property for the price - one of the most value-for-money places I have ever stayed in. We paid USD 150 for the suite with breakfast and afternoon tea included, I would have happily paid much more.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aps_san
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had 4 days at Alam Indah, with my mum in November. We stayed in one of the newer rooms at the rear of the property - Papaya. Alam Indah continues to uphold its high standard across the board, from food, to cleanliness and general attention to detail. We used the shuttle service at least twice per day in and out of Ubud's main streets, Hanoman and Monkey Forrest. I often walked the motorbike path alongside Monkey Forrest - it took less than 10 mins and is a good option. Mum is 78 and found the stairs a lot, but I had made this booking originally just for me, some months before. If you can get in, Alam Shanti or Alam Jiwa would be a better option for the elderly or if you have issues with legs or ankles. Breakfasts are delicious and the pool is very inviting. I love this place and would happily try another room here some time.

Room Tip: Try them all. They all are different, with different bathrooms, some have air-con and some don't.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family