“Peacefull athmosphere”

“Peacefull athmosphere”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Staff is helpfull
Breackfast is nice
Room and bathroom is initially clean but was not cleaned again during my stay (3 nights)
Garden is beautiful
Cheap scooter rental available

Located is a nice side street, so very quiet. It takes around 10 minutes by foot to reach Ubud market.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Patachnouk

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I love Bali and Ubud is city of Art. This hotel is not far from the Ubud Palace. The view from the rooms is beautifull , quiet and staff is kind. I come to Bali every year and allways when i visit Ubud i live in this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Tehran
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Well... It's a complicated story. We booked 3 nights at Gusti's because of the great reviews and ratings but when we arrived on the 22nd they took us to another property across the street that is called "Loka sari" in fact the people in both properties were very nice and lovely but that was not the place we were booked at! Gusti's bungalows are really nice and peaceful and located by a river and has a cozy swimming pool with beautiful set up and the place we stayed in is not even comparable with that. I really don't know why they took us to another place but it was so disappointing. Why...? There are three main problems with Loka Sari. 1- the hot water is like 30 second hot water and 5 min cold water if you're lucky 2- starting from 3 am couple of roosters start to sing until next noon! and you can add the pleasant sound of barking dogs to that and enjoy the symphony the whole night, however this problem can be solved with a pair of ear plugs 3- the pillows are hard and made the sleep quality so poor. I cannot say our stay was not pleasant but taking us to another property across the street with another name (I even paid our bill directly to the owner of Loka Sari) is still a question for which I hope to receive an answer from booking.com.

Room Tip: Make sure you will stay in where you originally booked
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

checked in for two nights having made the reservation before hard and communications with the manger had been perfect. the rooms are average but what you would expect from a budget hotel but the verandahs are lovely- I had a great view over the gardens and relaxing water stream noise and birds singing in the background. service is efficient and motorcycle rental was provided. locatIon Is good. they could improve by having hot water constantly rather than having to ask and providing a bar of soap. would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
tasmania
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have just spent three weeks in Gustis Bungalows and am pleased to say I have had a great stay. I've read some of the negative reviews but noted they were quite old. Having spoken to Mr Gusti himself (at least i presume it was him) he informed me proudly that he was doing up the rooms one by one, and indeed for the price I paid (discounted for the length of stay to $20 a night) , I thought I had a real bargain. The room I had was obviously one ot these. The bathroom was completely tiled from top to bottom and clean, the mattress was great. Tiled floor (very slippery when wet) Thick new mattress and pillows, high speed fan, dressing table with stool and bedside cabinets, pleasant tiled room, with lovely private balconey with views over the lovely garden, newly renovated plunge pool and pleasant staff. You have to ask when you want your room cleaned as there is only one key, you can have it done every day if you want, sheets changed etc daily, not that I bothered.. What more can you want for the money? Also wonderfully situated in lovely Kajeng Road, 5 mins yet a world away from the insane traffic of the main drag. At the top of the road is wonderul rice fields and jungle walk which leads you in a circle back to the main drag. Lots of cheap little warungs abound and it's quiet and peaceful. if you want a real swim, next door at Kajeng Bungalows, for $1.50 you can spend a day around their pool which is fabulous, unfortunately their rooms are not. So you get the best of both worlds. I recommend Gustis, best place for the money I have stayed so far in Bali.....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 16 February 2013

we stayed he for several days, the porch of our bugalow overlooking the fantastic garden. Butterflies big as your hand flying around. the rooms were ok, maybe a little damp, but because we stayed in low season, we bargained a very reasonable price. I can imagine that it's a little overpriced in High season... Still, we loved it!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My bungalow had a spacious porch with comfy chairs overlooking the lush hillside garden. The room was large and clean. Although the pool at the bottom of the garden was small, it was nice to cool off after a day of exploring Ubud. I describe how I discovered Gusti’s in “Two Journeys: Swimming from Darkness to Light,” a book I wrote about my adventures in Bali as a solo traveler (which you can find on amazon or wattpad)

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo