“Some Incident can make it perfect”

and 1 more site!
Green Field Hotel and Bungalows
Ranked #18 of 609 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Greenfield is the most amazing hotel I ever been in Bali. This Ubud Area is very likely and I love the environment. I stay at Bali Sukat Bale as I book on April. When I arrive, they had prepare us welcome drinks and lovely decorate for my honeymoon trip. I was impressed for their service, smile and the big bathroom. However, I went for swimming and dinner, when I back my room, my air-conditioning was not working! I was so upset and they said need 1.5 hours to wait the technician. I was given few solutions by the hotel staff - Dewa Toni, :
1, stay same room but use their fan
2. stay a bigger room, pay the different price.
I was denied both and they give me a new banglow, which is very new but there are no paddy field with same price. I was decided to pick this solutions as my partner prefer a new room. I was sacrifice with new rooms and the room service for breakfast. The shower gel mint was lovely, I wil definetly buy for next visit due to I did not have any checked luggage. I will come back Greenfield again and I hope there will no more this incident happen. Thanks for all the staffs especially Dewa Toni.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The new rooms at Green Field are absolutely beautiful. Spotlessly clean and equipped with state of the art AC and a fridge, you will be totally comfortable. Bathrooms are huge and nicely done up with big stone showers with plenty of room for two. The whole property is gorgeous and well cared for. The water features are both beautiful and relaxing with the burbling little rills and spills. The big new salt water pool is deep and cool. Just what you want to jump into during the heat of the day. It's also well located for shopping and restaurants. Two different pizza places and a popular new Mexican restaurant are under five minutes from your room. And the pizza places will deliver. The rooms facing the rice fields are more expensive but spectacular in the early morning and at sunset. The friendly staff and well prepared breakfasts which are included in the price and great bonuses. We loved Green Fields.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the new rooms. Didn't check out the older rooms but they look...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are halfway through our 5 night stay and thoroughly enjoying our time here. The staff is friendly and efficient; upstairs. Bali Adat is large and charming with a spacious private terrace overlooking the rice fields and a large bathroom with a rose shower. The salt water pool with its rice paddy view is pleasurable and the restaurant not too far away. Breakfast on our own terrace is a real treat. An added bonus is the shuttle van which will drop you off and pick you up from the town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well worth a revisit. Lovely pool overlooking a large expanse of green rice paddies. Staff are an asset to the hotel. Always a friendly greeting. Breakfast either in the restaurant or on the patio was well presented. Our room was in the annex , a short distance from the main hotel and pool, but very comfortable and clean..This is the place to stay if in Ubud.

Room Tip: If your pocket can afford it go for a room near the pool and overlooking the rice paddies
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 7Rhone
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Green Field is a beautiful resort. We stayed in the Bale Semampai with lovely rice paddy views. Breakfast is beautiful & can be served on your balcony. Staff here are lovely and very helpful. We were shown around the new rooms by the lovely Gusti Ayu who gave us lots of information about Green Fields and the Balinese traditions. Thank you to all at Green Fields - we will be back. Also they offer free transport into ubud and back between 8am & 10pm. Loved our stay

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

this place is magical. The rice fields are amazing and our room was right next to them, one never gets tired of looking at them and how the panorama changes with the light. The pool area is very relaxing. The staff is nice and welcoming, I hope I had stayed there instead of moving to another location in Bali.
Food is so so, not bad, just not great. It could be improved. Breakfast is enough, they take it to your room if you request.
We got a very nice couple massage in the terrace at night.
It is more expensive than other places I have been in Ubud but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: worth paying the rooms with view to rice fields.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We just keep coming back to Greenfield. It's not the biggest or the flashiest hotel in Ubud. It's not the newest ...although there are 30 new suites and a new 20 metre pool in the extension built last year.

What we love about Greenfield is its location. Walk to monkey forest road (use the short cut through Tegal Sari) or to Jalan Hannoman or to 5 minutes stroll to good restaurants like The Pond, Pundi Pundi, Mumma Mia and Taco Casa.

Or just sit on your balcony (especially in the older suites) and watch the rice paddies. Bring your binoculars and a Bali bird watching book and you will be hooked! Egrets, herons, Javan munias, and much more. Keep a sharp eye out for the iridescent blue of the Javan kingfisher .. With a bright red beak!

The breakfast menu has improved and includes Indonesian and Western options, served on your balcony if you wish. The restaurant is very good, particularly the ribs!

We prefer the older part of the hotel, for its space and quiet. The wifi reception is also good. Our room, Bale Truna (404) is big, ground floor and has some amazing stonework. And a short stroll to reception or the smaller salt water pool.,

None of this would work without great staff and we have found greenfield staff to be consistently responsive, friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Room 404 if you want to be close to the rice paddies
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple