“A great find”

Ranked #15 of 556 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Paris, France
“A great find”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a long flight, Green Field was a haven of tranquility. The complex is beautiful, with stunning poolside views over the paddyfields. The rooms are spacious, with big beds and daily servicing. The standard rooms can be a bit rough round the edges, but can't fault the great value. They are around a small courtyard garden, a little walk from the main complex. The location is close to the centre, with a free shuttle service if you need it (the road is quite long). You can rent scooters at the hotel for Rp 50,000 a day. You can have breakfast in your room, or by the pool (there are 2 pools). The food was great. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, without exception. A great team. And a huge thank you to Feny the manager who gave us private lessons in Indonesian to help us with our trip! Can't fault the place. We booked for 2 nights and stayed 6!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the paddyfields if you can afford it. For the standard rooms, get one on the...
1 Thank darjw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Greenfield is the most amazing hotel I ever been in Bali. This Ubud Area is very likely and I love the environment. I stay at Bali Sukat Bale as I book on April. When I arrive, they had prepare us welcome drinks and lovely decorate for my honeymoon trip. I was impressed for their service, smile and the big bathroom. However, I went for swimming and dinner, when I back my room, my air-conditioning was not working! I was so upset and they said need 1.5 hours to wait the technician. I was given few solutions by the hotel staff - Dewa Toni, :
1, stay same room but use their fan
2. stay a bigger room, pay the different price.
I was denied both and they give me a new banglow, which is very new but there are no paddy field with same price. I was decided to pick this solutions as my partner prefer a new room. I was sacrifice with new rooms and the room service for breakfast. The shower gel mint was lovely, I wil definetly buy for next visit due to I did not have any checked luggage. I will come back Greenfield again and I hope there will no more this incident happen. Thanks for all the staffs especially Dewa Toni.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The new rooms at Green Field are absolutely beautiful. Spotlessly clean and equipped with state of the art AC and a fridge, you will be totally comfortable. Bathrooms are huge and nicely done up with big stone showers with plenty of room for two. The whole property is gorgeous and well cared for. The water features are both beautiful and relaxing with the burbling little rills and spills. The big new salt water pool is deep and cool. Just what you want to jump into during the heat of the day. It's also well located for shopping and restaurants. Two different pizza places and a popular new Mexican restaurant are under five minutes from your room. And the pizza places will deliver. The rooms facing the rice fields are more expensive but spectacular in the early morning and at sunset. The friendly staff and well prepared breakfasts which are included in the price and great bonuses. We loved Green Fields.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the new rooms. Didn't check out the older rooms but they look...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ulverstone Tasmania
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are halfway through our 5 night stay and thoroughly enjoying our time here. The staff is friendly and efficient; upstairs. Bali Adat is large and charming with a spacious private terrace overlooking the rice fields and a large bathroom with a rose shower. The salt water pool with its rice paddy view is pleasurable and the restaurant not too far away. Breakfast on our own terrace is a real treat. An added bonus is the shuttle van which will drop you off and pick you up from the town.

cape town
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well worth a revisit. Lovely pool overlooking a large expanse of green rice paddies. Staff are an asset to the hotel. Always a friendly greeting. Breakfast either in the restaurant or on the patio was well presented. Our room was in the annex , a short distance from the main hotel and pool, but very comfortable and clean..This is the place to stay if in Ubud.

Room Tip: If your pocket can afford it go for a room near the pool and overlooking the rice paddies
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 7Rhone
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Green Field is a beautiful resort. We stayed in the Bale Semampai with lovely rice paddy views. Breakfast is beautiful & can be served on your balcony. Staff here are lovely and very helpful. We were shown around the new rooms by the lovely Gusti Ayu who gave us lots of information about Green Fields and the Balinese traditions. Thank you to all at Green Fields - we will be back. Also they offer free transport into ubud and back between 8am & 10pm. Loved our stay

• Stayed June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2014

this place is magical. The rice fields are amazing and our room was right next to them, one never gets tired of looking at them and how the panorama changes with the light. The pool area is very relaxing. The staff is nice and welcoming, I hope I had stayed there instead of moving to another location in Bali.
Food is so so, not bad, just not great. It could be improved. Breakfast is enough, they take it to your room if you request.
We got a very nice couple massage in the terrace at night.
It is more expensive than other places I have been in Ubud but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: worth paying the rooms with view to rice fields.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family