“Paradise in Ubud”

Ranked #14 of 570 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Kihei, Hawaii
“Paradise in Ubud”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here only one night. So sorry we did not have a chance to stay here longer. The front desk was very helpful and checkin was a breeze. We had a Bale Semampai room and it was fabulous. The views were absolutely amazing of the rice paddies. This hotel definitely had one of the nicest and most spacious of rooms that I stayed in while visiting Bali. Towels were even made into swans. Its quiet and peaceful here. Room was very clean (and my business is cleaning vacation rentals, so I am very fussy when it comes to cleanliness). Food was good as well. Would definitely recommend this hotel and I am very hopeful that my family and I will be returning in the upcoming year for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Loved the Bale Semampai room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The ressort is nicely located on Pengosekan road, about 400 m from the monkey forest and 1km from Ubud center. Everything can be reached by a little walk, but if needed, a free shuttle service is provided.

We got a huge 2nd floor room, with terrace and beautiful view on the rice fields.

The hotel is constituted by ~50 2 storeys apartments and has 2 pools, one small one big.

Only small down point might be the pillows, too small and thin for my liking.

Special mention for the staff, and our driver who was really interesting and enjoyed talking about his home island

For the rest:
- friendly staff +++
- great location
- good value for the price
- beautiful settings

What else ??

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed in the cheaper rooms, it was very nice A/C worked very well, could do with a new mattress and shower head but other wise all good, kettle in room would have been more helpful rather than always calling for room service

Room Tip: rooms upstairs are more quite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our 5 night stay at Greenfield was very relaxing and enjoyable, particularly due to the impressive rice field views, huge comfy rooms, invigorating infinity salt water pool and lovely staff. We stayed in the bale adat room which was just past the pool with its own courtyard. Plenty of room for two adults and two children. Daily breakfast was delicious and more than adequate, the only annoyance was the pesky mosquitoes in the room but a mosquito net was provided upon request. We received several recommendations for good places to eat and they were even able to organize a fantastic Bali bike tour for us with very little notice. Location was fine for us, easy walk to many shops, restaurants, massage etc but as we have young children we appreciated the free shuttle service to and from the restaurants in the evenings.

Room Tip: The older rooms have more character but perhaps less mosquitoes on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a long flight, Green Field was a haven of tranquility. The complex is beautiful, with stunning poolside views over the paddyfields. The rooms are spacious, with big beds and daily servicing. The standard rooms can be a bit rough round the edges, but can't fault the great value. They are around a small courtyard garden, a little walk from the main complex. The location is close to the centre, with a free shuttle service if you need it (the road is quite long). You can rent scooters at the hotel for Rp 50,000 a day. You can have breakfast in your room, or by the pool (there are 2 pools). The food was great. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, without exception. A great team. And a huge thank you to Feny the manager who gave us private lessons in Indonesian to help us with our trip! Can't fault the place. We booked for 2 nights and stayed 6!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the paddyfields if you can afford it. For the standard rooms, get one on the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darjw
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Greenfield is the most amazing hotel I ever been in Bali. This Ubud Area is very likely and I love the environment. I stay at Bali Sukat Bale as I book on April. When I arrive, they had prepare us welcome drinks and lovely decorate for my honeymoon trip. I was impressed for their service, smile and the big bathroom. However, I went for swimming and dinner, when I back my room, my air-conditioning was not working! I was so upset and they said need 1.5 hours to wait the technician. I was given few solutions by the hotel staff - Dewa Toni, :
1, stay same room but use their fan
2. stay a bigger room, pay the different price.
I was denied both and they give me a new banglow, which is very new but there are no paddy field with same price. I was decided to pick this solutions as my partner prefer a new room. I was sacrifice with new rooms and the room service for breakfast. The shower gel mint was lovely, I wil definetly buy for next visit due to I did not have any checked luggage. I will come back Greenfield again and I hope there will no more this incident happen. Thanks for all the staffs especially Dewa Toni.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The new rooms at Green Field are absolutely beautiful. Spotlessly clean and equipped with state of the art AC and a fridge, you will be totally comfortable. Bathrooms are huge and nicely done up with big stone showers with plenty of room for two. The whole property is gorgeous and well cared for. The water features are both beautiful and relaxing with the burbling little rills and spills. The big new salt water pool is deep and cool. Just what you want to jump into during the heat of the day. It's also well located for shopping and restaurants. Two different pizza places and a popular new Mexican restaurant are under five minutes from your room. And the pizza places will deliver. The rooms facing the rice fields are more expensive but spectacular in the early morning and at sunset. The friendly staff and well prepared breakfasts which are included in the price and great bonuses. We loved Green Fields.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the new rooms. Didn't check out the older rooms but they look...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple