Its an excellent property away from the main Ubud city- nearly 3 kms drive from there, on the top of a hill, pool overlooking the hill top into the valley. The drive to the hotel from Ubud is beautiful with Paddy fields on both sides of the road and lot of greenery is there all around.
Property itself is excellent, very well maintained. Staff is very well trained and rooms are very clean. Rooms are beautiful. We had a very romantic 2 night stay there.
Rooms are equipped with a double bath tub and a jacuzzi also.
Our room was near the swimming pool and on the hill- we enjoyed a beautiful view from there.
It also has a large museum inside the resort- Hotel owner gave us a nice tour of the museum for 3 hours.
Caution: there is lot of art work done on the walls- of their ancient Gods and some of those look really scary.
There is noise of wild bugs at night. don't get scared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali