“Enjoyable and friendly”

Ranked #165 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Brisbane, Australia
“Enjoyable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights in November 2013 to attend a jewelry class in Ubud.
After looking at many places online I chose Ubud Inn because of their pet bat (injured and now pet).
The style of place is traditional which I prefer, the staff beautiful and friendly (nothing is too much trouble), place is spotless if a little dated but found this just added charm. The room I had was upstairs. Stairs in need of repair - not for the faint-hearted. Room was rediculously large which was great. No tea & coffee facilities in room which was a problem for me as I wake before dawn. When I asked reception staff where I could buy a kettle, they insisted I take their office kettle.
Up before dawn first morning, sitting on spacious balcony watching the sun rise & could hear strange noises - I watched in amazement as about 15 monkeys made their way across the roofs in front of me. Awesome way to start the day. Breakfast is modest but sufficient. Grounds impeccably kept. Loved feeding pet bat - he gets let out mid morning to hang around as he wishes. Would definitely stay again.
Downside - their restaurant was less than satisfactory. TV blaring when I went in - turned it down a bit to put traditional music on when I showed up, but tv still loud. Could not eat meal (ordered a chicken dish but waaaaay too many bones for a chicken - fed it to the stray underfed cat and hoped he survived it). Ordered coffee but was undrinkable. Staff not friendly. Would not waste my time there again except to maybe feed the poor cat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

A little on the expensive side for those on a budget, but worth it. Its not luxurious based on US standards, but it covers all the basics for a traveler who doesn't expect to be in the room much. The room was big, but basic. I found it to be clean in spite of the age of the hotel. The paint was cracking on the walls, but otherwise on good shape. Breakfast by the pool was included with more than one option to choose from. I enjoyed the luscious gardens and the feeling of privacy created by the separate rooms. Positives include that the hotel had scooters you could rent for a reasonable price and a spa attached. Another bonus is that it is in walking distance of numerous attractions including Monkey Forest. However, being so close to the forest I did see the groundskeepers chase a couple monkeys off the grounds.

Room Tip: My room had a large upper window with no blind. Be sure to bring an eye mask or ask for another room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank teachtraveltrust
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Im sorry to have to be so negative from the get go, but for 60$ singapore dollars a night I expected a bit more.

Room was big and basic -bed comfortable however the cover was stained and used!!!! Nothing like the white linen in the pictures.. I refused to sleep on it so just put it on the floor of the bathroom and the next day after cleaning the room it was back on the bed still as stained and ranky looking as before.. There is no light-blocking either so hey presto you're awake at 6am sunrise !

bathroom was a wet bathroom which is fine -however shower head and drain were clogged up with limescale and previous occupant's hair... a bit icky!

breakfast was total joke -fruit bowl full of ants and 1 egg with 1 toast?

pool hadn't been cleaned in a while...

To be fair, the place isn't bad if you're a backpacker who has been around India (like we have) and seen crazy stuff -it is luxury! but we were on a relaxing trip and unfortunately this just didn't go well.

A shame as the place has wonderful potential with an amazing garden and beautiful setting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VHRCoco
Foshan, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great location (only 5 min. walk to Monkey Forest), beautiful garden, simpel room style! The bed is comfortable, great sleep, the bathroom is huge and clean! Love the fruit bat as a house pet :) Friendly staff! All in all a nice place to stay, but do not expect luxury!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had an upstairs family room, one QB and two singles.

I guess A$102 for a room that sleeps four isn't bad value, but I hark back to the days when it was only low 20's for a double room, and it doesn't seem all that long ago. Nothing stays the same.

The location of Ubud Inn can't be beaten, right amongst the action of Monkey Forest Road, with plenty of restaurants nearby.

The room was clean, bathroom still ordinary, service great, included breakfast adequate, off street parking a bonus, and pool OK. We didnt' use the restaurant except for breakfast.

I gave it 8/10 using my own points system, and recommend it,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Arorangi, Cook Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed here a few times...at this time of the year it's quiet and prices are reasonable plus it's not busy.
Good location...parking if you have a car a total bonus...great breakfast, nice garden , pool could do with a bit of a clean but all round good. Friendly staff !

Room Tip: Upstairs...a lot cooler
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JoKupu
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Yes, the hotel located is superb, with a vast and beautiful garden, a big fruit bat, but there is nothing else!

I kinda know what I am getting into when I book the hotel after reading all the reviews but I have not much choice as my preferred hotel Greenfield is fully booked. So, I booked a superior room as opposed to a standard room, hoping that i will get a better room. My friend has booked a standard room.

It seems that all the superior rooms are upstairs. The superior room and the standard room furnishing is exactly the same, I realised that I paid S$20 more for a old, not-so-clean bathroom instead of a shower for the superior room! Totally not worth it! All the room is furnished the same way. Very dated and bathroom is very very bare. There is only a small bar of soap given, no hair dryer.

The first room that we check-in is located next to the kitchen. At 7am, we could hear the jucier and all the chatting in the kitchen! and the water pressure was so low that it even has no water at all at somepoint! We complained and was told that because all guest shower at the same time in the morning! We asked to be moved to another room. The second room is also unstairs, further away from the kitchen. We did away with the noise problem and do not seem to have the water pressure problem the next morning as well.

Breakfast venue is nice, we didn't eat at the restaurant but in a bale near the pool But breakfast served in basic and non-appetitizing.

In summary, I think you pay for the location rather than anything else by staying in this hotel.
I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Noodles_6689

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels