“Be careful this bungalow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Abangan Bungalow

Abangan Bungalow
Ranked #153 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed Abangan 5days. arrived Bali Airport and went directly to Abangan. After 5 days I moved to Kuta. The same day checked out Abanga and move to Kuta I realized my cash around $500AU is missing!!!! I always lock myself out and even lock in sleeping. I leave my credit cards and cash in my suit case and lock it up. Where is the 500$?????coz this is only one place I have been!!!! I was furious. I drove myself to Ubud from Kuta by bike to confront them. The owner was passive, she gathered employee , they were just listening my complain and observe me!! They did nothing about this incident!!!! Why I am so certain about them stealing my money?? coz this is only one place I stayed and first day check in Abangan I exchanged Au to Rupia . and then i hid the rest money and credit cards in my suit case. Just think about it!!! When guest are out, the staffs are sneak in ur room and stealing ur money.Not all of urs!! just some!! so that they can get away with that. when I confront them as I expected no one was adimitted of stealing. the other thing is they didn't steal all my cash. they took a half of if. How smart is that????????Whoever read this I warn U not to go there. they might steal ur money not all. just some. coz who count money every dayhow much u spent it on the happy treveling ?? If U do count ur money U a safe! if U don't just pay more Go where safer honest person is working. Generally Baliness a really kind and friendly But. choosing Abangan as first accomadation was really big mistake! after all, I paid 5 star hotel price there, where thieves are working!! just disgusting!!!! by thinking of someone went through my stuff!!!! they ruined my bali holiday!!! It has to be them stealing!! If u don't care what happen to me I just wish ur luck. they a not gonna do this evey guest. but U might be next unlucky persen after me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank HYUN C
There are newer reviews for Abangan Bungalow

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Value for money is the only way to describe this place. Slightly off the central market (but not more than 5 minutes' walk from the Ubud palace), this place is suitable for all kinds of travellers. The bunalows are clean and the place is well maintained by never tiring handful of staff. The only drawback is that there are not many options for food. The break-fast menu is pretty much fixed (so can get boring if you are staying for long) and there is hardly anything to eat during the rest of the day.

Having said that, this place is definitely reccomendable if someone's looking for a peaceful quite place adjacent to the central market. Most importantly, people are very helpful and jovial.

Room Tip: The further you walk from the reception, quieter rooms you get!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Honsinator
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great place to stay. On the edge of rice fields, on a river lined with coconut trees. Great location. West end of main street, only a few minutes walk to Monkey Forest Rd. The only negative is our room was very dirty. Toilet was filthy. I cleaned myself when we first checked in. Other reviews say their rooms are clean, so it may have just been the person who cleaned (or didn't clean) our room. No fitness center, but beautiful walking paths in the rice fields from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

A good place to stay if you are not after all the bells and whistles. Such good value for money.
They had no standard fan rooms available so we were upgraded for free to an air on bungalow which was fantastic.
The bathrooms are basic, but all you need, shower, toilet, sink and mirror.
The upstairs room has beds and a mirror and a wardrobe. Note there is nowhere to keep drinks etc cool, which isn't a big deal.
The best thing was the porch, with a day bed, table and two chairs. The super-friendly staff brought breakfast to us every morning to eat on the porch overlooking the most amazing greenery.
A good place to enjoy a relaxing breakfast with a book and a good place to rest your head once you're done exploring for the day.
On another note, it is well located, about a 5 minute walk from the ubud markets and monkey forest, so very accessible but tucked away so it remains peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elliet86
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Ubud is a wonderful place and the best part of Bali. If you are looking for beaches and partying - go to Kuta or Seminyak. If you want peace and relaxation, go to Ubud. It is serene, extremely lush and green, and offers plenty of good eateries, shops, and activities. This is a place where you can step off the main road and immediately be able to wander through rice fields and chat with local farmers. Abangan is located right on the main road so it is easy to get to everything. You can arrange cars/tours right through the hotel staff, Putu who picked me up from the airport and checked me in also drove me around everywhere. Probably cheaper elsewhere, but literally only a few bucks difference for a safe journey.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Shri I
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Had a very comfortable stay in room 1A which is in a block of 4 rooms. The room had a huge balcony and lovely bathroom. Each morning breakfast was brought up to the balcony which was a lovely touch.

There is a small pool in the garden which is a great way to cool down after a day walking around Ubud. The walk behind the hotel to the organc restaurant is really pretty and worth a visit.

We arranged a private driver through the hotel which was a great way to see the local sights.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy_n_Lewis
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We booked this online with Agoda last minute and were so pleased that we did!! On arrival we were really early but they let us check in anyway. The room was spotless, large and had a brilliant balcony.

The room price included breakfast which was bought up to our room each morning so we could eat on the balcony, this was a really nice touch.

The staff are very friendly and chatty and will help organise taxis, scooter rental etc.

Location is fantastic, about a 2 minute stroll into the main part of town near a lot of restaurants, bars etc.

I would recommend this place to all of my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple