“Excellent location, you get value for the money and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abangan Bungalow

and 1 more site!
Abangan Bungalow
Ranked #152 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent location, you get value for the money and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at Abangan a week, the pool, the breakfast on your own terrace, the staff, all was excellent. The room was really spacious, air con, hot water. The staff helped us with with activities in Ubud, you could book treks and day tours through the staff. The bungalows are located on the Ubud main road, really good location and the surroundings were really calm and beautiful. We were stunned with the room and the and the beautiful forest surrounding the bungalows. For 25 euros a night!

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We went to Abangan with our 9 month old twins. We loved that it is close to downtown Ubud yet still feels like you aren't in the city. The people who worked the desk were great and always willing to help us and of course like most Indonesian's they loved holding our babies. That being said the room we stayed in (and the room they were going to put us in first) was not for a family with babies. The stairs to the bed room are very steep and the rails at the top were far apart so it would be easy for a child to slip through. We didn't feel like we could leave the babies alone during nap time so my husband and I were always with them while they slept. Also, our bathtub was pretty dirty. We felt like we couldn't sit down in the bathtub but you also couldn't stand up to use the shower part because there was no curtain. I think this would be a perfect place for backpackers though and the price is right! :)

Room Tip: For a family with small children choose a one level room instead of a private bungalow.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hungrymama2010
SOUTH KOREA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed Abangan 5days. arrived Bali Airport and went directly to Abangan. After 5 days I moved to Kuta. The same day checked out Abanga and move to Kuta I realized my cash around $500AU is missing!!!! I always lock myself out and even lock in sleeping. I leave my credit cards and cash in my suit case and lock it up. Where is the 500$?????coz this is only one place I have been!!!! I was furious. I drove myself to Ubud from Kuta by bike to confront them. The owner was passive, she gathered employee , they were just listening my complain and observe me!! They did nothing about this incident!!!! Why I am so certain about them stealing my money?? coz this is only one place I stayed and first day check in Abangan I exchanged Au to Rupia . and then i hid the rest money and credit cards in my suit case. Just think about it!!! When guest are out, the staffs are sneak in ur room and stealing ur money.Not all of urs!! just some!! so that they can get away with that. when I confront them as I expected no one was adimitted of stealing. the other thing is they didn't steal all my cash. they took a half of if. How smart is that????????Whoever read this I warn U not to go there. they might steal ur money not all. just some. coz who count money every dayhow much u spent it on the happy treveling ?? If U do count ur money U a safe! if U don't just pay more Go where safer honest person is working. Generally Baliness a really kind and friendly But. choosing Abangan as first accomadation was really big mistake! after all, I paid 5 star hotel price there, where thieves are working!! just disgusting!!!! by thinking of someone went through my stuff!!!! they ruined my bali holiday!!! It has to be them stealing!! If u don't care what happen to me I just wish ur luck. they a not gonna do this evey guest. but U might be next unlucky persen after me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank HYUN C

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Value for money is the only way to describe this place. Slightly off the central market (but not more than 5 minutes' walk from the Ubud palace), this place is suitable for all kinds of travellers. The bunalows are clean and the place is well maintained by never tiring handful of staff. The only drawback is that there are not many options for food. The break-fast menu is pretty much fixed (so can get boring if you are staying for long) and there is hardly anything to eat during the rest of the day.

Having said that, this place is definitely reccomendable if someone's looking for a peaceful quite place adjacent to the central market. Most importantly, people are very helpful and jovial.

Room Tip: The further you walk from the reception, quieter rooms you get!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Honsinator
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great place to stay. On the edge of rice fields, on a river lined with coconut trees. Great location. West end of main street, only a few minutes walk to Monkey Forest Rd. The only negative is our room was very dirty. Toilet was filthy. I cleaned myself when we first checked in. Other reviews say their rooms are clean, so it may have just been the person who cleaned (or didn't clean) our room. No fitness center, but beautiful walking paths in the rice fields from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

A good place to stay if you are not after all the bells and whistles. Such good value for money.
They had no standard fan rooms available so we were upgraded for free to an air on bungalow which was fantastic.
The bathrooms are basic, but all you need, shower, toilet, sink and mirror.
The upstairs room has beds and a mirror and a wardrobe. Note there is nowhere to keep drinks etc cool, which isn't a big deal.
The best thing was the porch, with a day bed, table and two chairs. The super-friendly staff brought breakfast to us every morning to eat on the porch overlooking the most amazing greenery.
A good place to enjoy a relaxing breakfast with a book and a good place to rest your head once you're done exploring for the day.
On another note, it is well located, about a 5 minute walk from the ubud markets and monkey forest, so very accessible but tucked away so it remains peaceful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elliet86
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Ubud is a wonderful place and the best part of Bali. If you are looking for beaches and partying - go to Kuta or Seminyak. If you want peace and relaxation, go to Ubud. It is serene, extremely lush and green, and offers plenty of good eateries, shops, and activities. This is a place where you can step off the main road and immediately be able to wander through rice fields and chat with local farmers. Abangan is located right on the main road so it is easy to get to everything. You can arrange cars/tours right through the hotel staff, Putu who picked me up from the airport and checked me in also drove me around everywhere. Probably cheaper elsewhere, but literally only a few bucks difference for a safe journey.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo