“Beautiful, friendly, luxurious villas with pool...”
other travellers have booked this property
Garden Balinese Temple
Living Area Two Bedroom Villa
Dining Area Two Bedroom Villa
Two Bedroom Villa
One Bedroom Villa w/ Kitchenette
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Kay H
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful, friendly, luxurious villas with pool in Balinese compound setting.”
Reviewed 28 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

If you have ever gazed at the ornate stone door of an ancestral Balinese compound and wondered what it would be like to live inside, in total luxury, in a gorgeous villa with a private infinity pool looking over the rice fields surrounded with luxurious couches and umbrellas around it – not to mention the abundant and glorious garden – then Alam Dania Cottages is perfect. For a very reasonable price, one of two one double bedroom villas and one two bedroom villa – with outdoor baths in glorious bathrooms – is yours for as long as you want. Set in a small village just a short drive ( or 45 minute walk through the rice fields – which is highly recommended – Alam Dania staff will show you the way) from Ubud , 'Punia' is the creator of these gorgeous surrounds and villas on his ancestral land where he lives with his family including his parents – respectfully addressed as 'Ibu' - mother, and 'Ba!' father. I was a bit worried about landing at eleven pm alone in Bali but I was immediately greeted by Alam Dania staff and whisked away in a new model 4wd for a safe and quite short journey to the cottages. The room rates include a delicious continental or Indonesian breakfast – fresh squeezed juice, coffee, tea and tropical fruits accompany the main course of fresh free range eggs done any way, or you can choose Nasi Goreng or Mee Goreng. The service is excellent – friendly, timely and available whenever you are hungry for a snack or meal as well. It was so precious to me to get to know Arik and Punia, who do most of the driving, on the sight-seeing and regular trips to Ubud we drove together – he, Arik, Tombon and Made, who do the work associated with the guests, are all lovely and speak excellent English. My three girlfriends and I had the holiday of our lives – in between exciting shopping for things the craftspeople of Ubud, and creative expats, create, and six dollar an hour foot-massages, yoga, and also our nightly exploration of the wonderful restaurants of Ubud. I cannot recommend Alam Dania Cottages more highly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful people who run it, the luxurious villas and the infinity pool
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JohannesJ...
“Excellent Service and beautiful place😄”
Reviewed 26 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a great experience at Alam Dania in Ubud Bali. We stayed there for 2 nights. The service was great, the host was very warm. The facilities were new and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Punia, Arik dan Tombong are very hospitable and friendly.

The place is very quiet except for the sounds of crickets at night, rooster in the morning, it's surrounded by nature and greeneries. There is a small pool right in front of the villa. They provide once a day shuttle to the town as the place is slightly more remote.

They also helped us to arrange one day rafting at the Agung river. It was a great and memorable experience. We enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely visit Bali again.

mmcleod1
“Sanctuary”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My wife and I took our honeymoon to this lovely cottage and I must say I was amazed at the affordable price for such a beautiful accommodation. It was perfect! The service by all the staff was attentive and super friendly. They where perfect. The distance from the town is a bit far to walk but they offer us shuttle into town and picked us up when ever we called on the cell phone "which they provided" anice breakfast everymorning at the time we requested And on our last night made us a beautiful set up with flowers and a duck dinner. I most definitely will be returning again soon.

Your age range 25-34
josh06211...
“5 star service at a low cost with everything you need!”
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed in cottage #1 by myself for 7 nights and was continuously amazed by the first class services provided. Punia, Kadek, Arik and the rest of the crew were superb. Chandra is by far the best masseuse on the island! The room was always kept clean, breakfasts were always fresh and delicious, and the pool with the rice field view was beautiful and relaxing. I even did some night swimming where the stars were gorgeous because the cottage is outside of the big city. If I ever needed help with anything they were there within 2 minutes! I also oredered some dinners if I came home late from a day tour which were awesome! (Duck, fried rice, noodles, and more) I was able to set up a few day tours around Bali with the owner, Pania at a cheaper price than the in-town tour companies. Pania took me everywhere in his new SUV and always helped me take photos as I was vacationing alone. Pania is very knowledgeable with Bali and knows all the hot spots. They will also give you a local cell phone to call them if you need to be picked up in town or wherever. Arik will drop whatever he is doing and be there as fast as possible. I had a problem with my credit card (got locked because I forgot to tell the bank I was going to Bali) so I called Arik and he came instantly and let me make an international call with his personal cell phone! I felt like a first class king everywhere I went with this crew. Overall, the best part was the service. I was very happy I decided to stay at Alam Dania Cottage. It couldn't have been better! I have stayed at 5 star all inclusive resorts before, and they don't compare to the on-the-spot service you get here. "Arrive as friends, leave as family." Thanks guys, keep up the great at work! You made my vacation the best vacation ever!! I will definitely stay here again next time I come to Bali! :)

Josh

17 Feb 2015
Hi Mr Jhosua hope you had a really good day,really thank you so much for your fantastic review we are really happy with that and thank you so much for your support on my family business ,it been so nice to serving you during your staying with us at alam dania cottage and that is true when you come is a guest and when you leave as a family ,we are already miss you much and can't wait to welcoming you back on your next holiday ,for sure next time you have to come with your girl friend and we will set up at honeymooner room for you.

Again thank a lot for choosing alam dania cottage and look forward to seeing you soon

Warming regards

Punia and alam dania cottage team
Narelle79
Melbourne, Australia
“So much more than I anticipated!”
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Absolutely fantastic! Loved every minute of my stay. Punia and family made my stay comfortable, relaxing and fun! I stayed in villa 3 (with balcony overlooking rice paddies and river) and it was beautiful! My room was just like the pictures, lovely and clean. The bathroom had a partially open roof and a fantastic shower (& a bath). The pool was awesome to cool off in each day with the same amazing view as my room. Breakfast was great, I had the Nasi goreng with fruit plate, mixed juice and coffee each day. And the dinners I had there were also tasty, with the special last dinner of smoked duck fantastic.
Punia arranged activities for us when we wanted. With him organising and driving us to white water rafting, a fun day up north and a half day of nearby temples and waterfall. Loved swimming in git git waterfall and the locals' hot springs! He is really friendly and funny, we were laughing all the time! Also great that they can arrange transfer to and from the airport.
I was also given a phone to use to call Arek if I wanted to order any food, drinks, transport into or out of ubud etc which made things very convenient. They provide a drive into and pick up from ubud each day at a time convenient to you, as they are outside of the ubud town.
Also loved the insight into Balinese life that Punia, Kadek and Arek all gave through discussions and the time we spent with them. Kadek even took us to a local temple ceremony, with Arek organising for us to wear the local ceremony clothes.
I also had massages at their spa, which are usually done by Punia's sister. Fantastic massages and lovely lady.
I loved my time at Alam Dania Cottage and highly recommend staying there.

17 Feb 2015
Good day Ms Nerelle how are you to day,we are a big family from alam dania cottage would like to say thank you so much for your really fantastic review that you give it to us.we are already miss you much and it been so happy and really enjoy trip with you during your stay with us.

again thank a million and can't wait to see you again we are look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday in bali .

Warming regards

Dylan B
“Amazing stay!! Will be back again!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Stayed here for 5 days in early February and I'll definitely be back again!

The villas are new & modern, they're very spacious & worth every cent, I stayed in the two bedroom villa and I can't pick a fault with it, the pool is an infinity pool with perfect views.

The staff are fantastic and were more then willing to help us with every enquiry we had. A special thanks to punia who did everything for us and was a great friend aswell as helper.

The alam dania cottages is approximately a 2 minute drive from Ubud. Ubud is a perfect place to stay and is much more relaxing then the hustle and bustle of kuta. There of plenty of things to do and see but mostly to just relax and enjoy your holiday.

Dylan & Jess :)

17 Feb 2015
Hi Dylen and Jazz hope you had a great day and thank you so much for your really fantastic review for alam dania it was been so good and proud to serving you during you stay with us .

I can't say nothing just Thank you very much and can't wait to welcoming you back to alam dania cottage on your next holiday.

Have a nice day and we are look forward to seeing you soon

warming regards

Rio V
“Superb Stay!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014

First of all,

I like the design of the cottage. very excellent, beautiful..

the bed room is very spacious room with comfortable bed.

The floor is very GREAT... like it so much!!

we stay in 2 room cottage the bathroom split into two. first bathroom equip with bathtub, and the other one with shower which has stone under it (so it looks so naturall).. very nice... and by the way, the bathtub is outdoor

the dinning table in the cottage is made from wood (very big wood) and comfort for us, and the way Mr wayan prepare our breakfast in the morning such 5 star hotel services - I can't describe the way I'm happy with this table.

the pool... borderless.. little warm, and quiet, chill, private and u can see the forest from the pool.. so wonderfull stay...

for breakfast I preffer the nasi goreng

Pak Made and pak Wayan, very welcome and warm hearted... love so much...

anyway mr wayan...thank you for the free "soto ayam"... hehehe

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Feb 2015
Hi Mr Mario,hope you had a really good day with all family ,we are would like to say thank a million for your excellent review that you give it to us , we are so happy and it been so proud to serving you and your family during you stay at alam dania on your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon on your next holiday

Punia and alam dania team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing