I think this is one of those places you either love or hate. Reasons for me never staying here again; after killing 7 roaches I quit counting, the pillows smelled like sweat and were grey in color, the pillows & mattress were hard. There were those little, I called them, wood spiders. I always immediately took the bedspread off the bed. They seemed to loved that spread & bed frame. The bathroom was dirty. I bought bleach and started pouring it on the grout of the sink and floors, with a sponge I cleaned the tub tiles, the shower curtain had mold on the bottom of it and was to small for the size of the tub. When I made the deposit, one of the staff hollered at me. That should have been my 1st clue! I always worried about mosquitoes. There was a dirty pond w/stagnant water (I felt so sorry for the fish, the water was green) & when it rained the water gathered on the walkway in front of one of the rooms. There were only 5 lounge chairs for 12 rooms. The 12 rooms slept 30+ people. Really, they can't buy more? I think the biggest thing I did not like besides the roaches and dirty bathroom was their 'western' business attitude. It was all about the profit. Sad, very sad!
Positives; close to Coco Market, but always double check your receipt w/purchases! I was overcharged more than once. The pool, ac, tv. They did, for free, watch one of my suitcases while I went to Singapore. The grounds were well kept.
Suggestions; if you are not going to drink the water or beer in the frig, have them take it out of your room.
You can pay w/credit card, no matter what they say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 14 rooms newly renovated set in traditional Balinese architecture, surrounded by lush tropical garden and rice field blended with the sophistication of modern hotel facilities, serene comfort, excellent family service grace all element of Puri Dalem Cottages. The 14 rooms come equipped with air conditioning, idd phone, mini bar, amenities, bathtub and shower with hot and cold water. There is a choice of rooms facing to the swimming pool, garden and fish pond, the open veranda with table and chair, daily coffee or tea, sugar and hot water in the jug set on your coffee table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puri Dalem Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Dalem Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Puri Dalem Hotel
- Puri Dalem Cottages Ubud, Bali