“Fabulous little hotel at a bargain price”
Review of Saren Indah Hotel

Saren Indah Hotel
Ranked #58 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Pros
Price - we paid AU$55 per night including a light breakfast.
We had a superior room on the top floor with a little balcony that had nice views over some vacant land. The best views of the paddies and ducks were from our bathroom !!
The bed was comfy and clean. Grounds and pool were beautiful. Staff very friendly :)
Free pick up and drop off in town was very handy. They even took us to our next hotel in Ubud - how's that for service !
The monkeys that would visit for some breakfast - so cute.
Very reasonably priced mini - bar
Cons
We loved the position but some may find it a bit far from the centre of Ubud
The rooms are a bit shabby - just a some minor maitenance and a lick of paint would make such a huge difference

A real gem and at that price it's a bargain and we will be back for sure :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2011

I booked for three night in advance and upon my arrival I was offered a nice drink and with smiles, the staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is located amongst rice paddies and the view is great. I stayed in the garden view room for one night and the other two nights upstairs which was much better.

The restaurant and breakfast was very nice and the staff again were super friendly though some of them don't speak English.

The location is not great if you are planning on walking to and from to Ubud centre, it's okay during the day but at night in the pitch dark it's not possible as I experienced it first hand. It rained very heavily that evening as I was having my dinner on monkey forest road and it lasted for a few hours, it made it impossible to walk as the street was flooded and I had no other option but to get a motorbike to get back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Stayed at Saren Indah for 3 nights in February 2011 in a deluxe garden view. Overall it was a good hotel but it had a few major flaws.

The good:
-The surroundings are beautiful. One side of the hotel is open to a rice field next door which was lovely.
-Monkeys walk in and out of the hotel which is pretty cool. We heard one morning they walked into the breakfast restaurant and started drinking somebody's juice! However the staff discourage the monkeys from entering the premises by shooting them with a BB gun rifle or sling shot with stones.
-They clean your room in the morning and then about 5pm they come in and turn down the sheets.
-On valentines day they left us a rose and chocolates on our bed.

The bad:
-One day we woke up and had no hot water. We called reception and they promised to fix it in the next 20 minutes. We left for the day and when we came back 6 hours later they hadn't fixed it. We also had no power in our room.
-Breakfast you get a choice of 3 options: 2 eggs, nasi goreng or a pancake. Then they have a 'buffet' of toast and fruit. Needed work.
-Our stay included an afternoon tea everyday although this was only delivered on the first day for some reason.
-The location is not great. If i had my time over I would try to stay closer to Monkey Forest Rd or Jl Hanoman. Its not a terrible area but you cannot walk home at night as it is too dark and secluded and there are no metered taxis in Ubud so you have to rely on the hotel shuttle which only comes every 2 hours.

Overall this hotel would suit those looking to sit by the pool all day and read a book. For anyone else, especially younger travellers, I would probably stay somewhere else as for $65/night I believe there are hotels that are better value.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank aussiegirl1818
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Saren Indah in english means beautiful home and yes, the hotel is indeed beautiful in many ways. The room was clean and cozy, the staff were so dedicated in ensuring the best hospitality, the food was good, and the overall ambiance made me wished i could stay on longer. I would definitely return to Saren Indah on my next trip back to Bali. A real big thank you to the Saren Indah family.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank engchen
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Stayed here on our second day of honeymoon. I was quite cautious when come to the choice of a clean and safe hotel. After reading reviews of Saren Indah hotel and browsing thru relevant websites, I decided to stay there with my husband. I really have nothing to complain! everybody was very very friendly, felt so welcomed! Beautiful garden, flowers, plants in all corners of the hotel. Breakfast was great. Walking distance to local restaurants with reasonable pricing. We were walking in the street around 11.30Pm and I can say it is safe. We absolutely recommend this hotel to people.I will definitely return there on my next trip. Malaysia.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PrabaPrasana
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I have stayed at Saren Indah twice in the last two years and loved it both times. We went there to experience Ubud and have a quiet few days at the end of our Bali holiday. The hotel is in a serene location just a few minuted by hotel shuttle from the town of Ubud with all its restaurants, spas, shops, museums, and galleries. Although we visited some of those, you do not need to leave the hotel at all, the service is excellent, the rooms air conditioned, all meals available at good prices and the obligatory massages are available in house. The shady walk back through the monkey forest is fun and travellers should not be intimidated by the stories you may hear.
The management and staff go out of their way to attend to your needs in very pleasant manner. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean5111
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Selecting a hotel through the internet and deciphering the truth is always a challenge. One would always console oneself of satisfaction if half of it is true. Our wonderful 7 days stay at Saren Indah was the complete opposite as it met more than what we read in the hotel brochures and reviews. A hotel is not only the buildings and gardens, but more important its people and team. From the reception to those in housekeeping, restaurant and shuttle, we can sense sincere service from the heart full of respect, honesty and responsibility - family values true to a "family hotel". As it is out of town, the atmosphere is quiet, peaceful and serene. A very efficient and attentive shuttle to town more than makes up for the "out of town" location. If you want to walk, the short cut through the beautiful Monkey Forest and the antics of its inhabitants would more than compensate the exercise. I would like to describe Saren Indah as an excellent 3 star hotel with a 5 star heart. Thank you Saren Indah team, you are a tribute to the Balinese people and their values.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family