“The best ever beats any five star”
Review of Saren Indah Hotel

Saren Indah Hotel
Ranked #59 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The position was Quite and peaceful. The scenic view was so nice to wakeup to everyday. We thought staff were just the best ever.I have a motel in Queensland and I wished I could take each of them home with me. The food at night was done to perfection. It was so good we didn't eat any where else.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank gregandjan77
There are newer reviews for Saren Indah Hotel

Reviewed 26 March 2011

Staff could not be nicer or more helpful. Not that far away from town (short cut along edge of monkey forest), but the hotel shuttle will drop you off wherever you want to go. VERY CLEAN!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank cwiegs
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We seemed to have a similar experience to the previous posts - we really enjoyed staying here. The staff are very friendly and really bend over backwards to provide excellent service. We were in room 111 (like a previous post) which had a big king sized bed with a mozzie net around it (could be tied back if you didn't want it). The room had good A/C which kept it nice and cool. The breakfast was ok, not brilliant but definitely not bad. The bathroom was fine, the shower head is a little low (fine for me as I'm short but if you are tall you might find it a little difficult).
Like another review, somone from this hotel also dropped us at our next hotel which I thought was really nice of them.
Overall I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The staff here really make this hotel - all try hard to please. The short walk through the monkey forest to the village is fascinating. Trips can be easily organized from the hotel, we did the bike tour and cokking classes which were well worth it. A minor improvement would be to improve the towels - they were a bit grey and worn. We stayed in an upstairs room(111) which I think was better than being on the ground floor. Special thanks to Nyoman - hope his dreams come true one day

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bellamelbourne9
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Pros
Price - we paid AU$55 per night including a light breakfast.
We had a superior room on the top floor with a little balcony that had nice views over some vacant land. The best views of the paddies and ducks were from our bathroom !!
The bed was comfy and clean. Grounds and pool were beautiful. Staff very friendly :)
Free pick up and drop off in town was very handy. They even took us to our next hotel in Ubud - how's that for service !
The monkeys that would visit for some breakfast - so cute.
Very reasonably priced mini - bar
Cons
We loved the position but some may find it a bit far from the centre of Ubud
The rooms are a bit shabby - just a some minor maitenance and a lick of paint would make such a huge difference

A real gem and at that price it's a bargain and we will be back for sure :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I booked for three night in advance and upon my arrival I was offered a nice drink and with smiles, the staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is located amongst rice paddies and the view is great. I stayed in the garden view room for one night and the other two nights upstairs which was much better.

The restaurant and breakfast was very nice and the staff again were super friendly though some of them don't speak English.

The location is not great if you are planning on walking to and from to Ubud centre, it's okay during the day but at night in the pitch dark it's not possible as I experienced it first hand. It rained very heavily that evening as I was having my dinner on monkey forest road and it lasted for a few hours, it made it impossible to walk as the street was flooded and I had no other option but to get a motorbike to get back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Stayed at Saren Indah for 3 nights in February 2011 in a deluxe garden view. Overall it was a good hotel but it had a few major flaws.

The good:
-The surroundings are beautiful. One side of the hotel is open to a rice field next door which was lovely.
-Monkeys walk in and out of the hotel which is pretty cool. We heard one morning they walked into the breakfast restaurant and started drinking somebody's juice! However the staff discourage the monkeys from entering the premises by shooting them with a BB gun rifle or sling shot with stones.
-They clean your room in the morning and then about 5pm they come in and turn down the sheets.
-On valentines day they left us a rose and chocolates on our bed.

The bad:
-One day we woke up and had no hot water. We called reception and they promised to fix it in the next 20 minutes. We left for the day and when we came back 6 hours later they hadn't fixed it. We also had no power in our room.
-Breakfast you get a choice of 3 options: 2 eggs, nasi goreng or a pancake. Then they have a 'buffet' of toast and fruit. Needed work.
-Our stay included an afternoon tea everyday although this was only delivered on the first day for some reason.
-The location is not great. If i had my time over I would try to stay closer to Monkey Forest Rd or Jl Hanoman. Its not a terrible area but you cannot walk home at night as it is too dark and secluded and there are no metered taxis in Ubud so you have to rely on the hotel shuttle which only comes every 2 hours.

Overall this hotel would suit those looking to sit by the pool all day and read a book. For anyone else, especially younger travellers, I would probably stay somewhere else as for $65/night I believe there are hotels that are better value.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank aussiegirl1818